NCAA Hoops 2007-2008

Started by primushead, Oct 26, 2007, 11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMD

QuoteI've just come to grips with the loss to Dook on Wed.  No.  No I haven't.

Oh yeah, forgot to rub that in.  Are there any more predictions you want to make about duke this year, oh wise one?  ;D ;D ;D

primushead

http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/021508aad.html

Can we PLEASE get healthy soon?  Someone cursed us.  I just know it. :'(

TEO

That is what IU gets after ditching The General.......  ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

primushead

Poor Ole Miss...unless they make an awesome run in the SEC tourney, it looks like they ARE doomed to the NIT.  They had such a great start, it's a shame to see them go down in conference play.  I guess they were the Clemson from last year. :-/

primushead

Duke lost!!!!  Thanks Wake!!

;D ;D ;D

aMD

QuoteDuke lost!!!!  Thanks Wake!!

;D ;D ;D

The ENTIRE starting 5 for Duke fouled out!  I don't like making excuses, but that smells a little fishy.  oh well, can't win them all, i guess.

tower

A loss like that gives me at least a little consolation for the awful play of late by my Spartans.  We've completely fallen apart!  Early in the season we looked like a final four team, now we just look terrible.  Hope we can get our shiznit together, ugh!
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

primushead

QuoteDuke lost!!!!  Thanks Wake!!

;D ;D ;D

The ENTIRE starting 5 for Duke fouled out!  I don't like making excuses, but that smells a little fishy.  oh well, can't win them all, i guess.

Yeah, but they were 8-28 from the field.  Jon Scheyer had ZERO points during the 27 minutes he played.  There were a lot of factors.  Wake would've won the game anyway, but it does suck that all the starters fouled out so now Coach K can blame the game on the refs.  And so can every dook fan. ::)

Still, being 22-2 isn't bad ;)

ycartrob

Dook crying about refs is silly. They had 10 fouls in the last 5 minutes, once they were down by 9, and seeing how WF is about a 65% FT team, it makes sense to foul them a lot to put them on the line. When you're up by 9, you don't foul; when you're down by 9, you foul. And it's not like there was a huge discrepancy, until you get into the late game fouling. At 5 minutes, WF had 20 fouls and Dook had 21.

plus, Sheyer was 10 off his avg; Henderson was 6 off his avg;

and you got out rebounded by 8

Dook can't even be 22-2 without crying about something. Give me a break.

bowl of soup

Dook fans crying about the refs - Isn't ironic, don't ya think - I't like raaaaEEEEEEEiiiinnnn on your wedding day, it's a green light when you're allready late (wait, none of that is irony, just bummers; hmmm.....).

Most projections still say the ACC only gets 4 in.  If true, that would be 3 times in 6 years.  It just ain't right.  Our last place team beat Arizona.  Wake and Miami are starting to make people think though...
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ycartrob

QuoteIsn't ironic, don't ya think - I't like raaaaEEEEEEEiiiinnnn on your wedding day, it's a green light when you're allready late (wait, none of that is irony, just bummers; hmmm.....).

pretty sure it's a red light, not a green light (but I never was a big Fiona Apple fan anyways...)

primushead

That's Alanis Morrisette.

ycartrob

QuoteThat's Alanis Morrisette.

yeah, well, sometimes sarcasm isn't so quick to pick up in the written form. That's ironic...

ycartrob

OK, Saturday night it's #1 Memphis State vs. #2 Tennessee in Memphis.

I have to go with Memphis State (they will always be Memphis State to me) here. I don't see a lot of impressive wins on the UT side (outside of that 2 point home win over Ole Miss and Vanderbilt), and Memphis has beaten Connecticut and Georgetown (plus USC and Arizona), plus when Memphis State turns it on, there is no one better.
We'll all get a great look at Rose and Douglas-Roberts (but I really like watching Lofton for UT).

(how's that for excessive use of parenthesis ( ie, speaking parenthtically)?)

primushead

REALLY looking forward to this matchup.  I've caught Memphis (State) a couple of times when they've played in conference and I really haven't been all that impressed...especially after they squeaked by UAB this past weekend.  

The same goes for UT though.  I really haven't been too impressed in the games that I've seen, but I know that when it comes down to it, both teams are incredible when they are playing 100%...which is where I expect both teams to be when they match up this weekend.  

aMD

let's go BOILERMAKERS!!!

tower

I'm with you on that one...Sampson is a creep and I don't think much better of DJ White or Gordon.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

LEATHER KID

I just hope Tennessee and Memphis take care of business tonight. That would be one hell of a letdown if one of them slipped.  
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

Penny Lane

we are pretty much out of it (buckeyes) but we'll be back next year.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

aMD

Quotewe are pretty much out of it (buckeyes) but we'll be back next year.

nah, they could make a push in the last part of the season and get in.  They're still in fifth place in the big ten I think.  That should put them on the bubble.

Too bad about Indiana.  At least we know that we won't have to face them in the post season.  ;D ;D ;D