Main Menu

Fight Cub

Started by Love_Dog, Apr 26, 2008, 10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love Dogg

I love Fight Club.  I love everything about it.  I love Chuck Palahniuk, I love David Fincher, I love the Dust Brothers.  I love IT!

I have the soundtrack.  In fact I have two copies!!  But in the movie, in the scene where they walk into Lou's Tavern for the first time and Irvin begins to kick everyone out so they can have Fight Club in the basement, there is a song playing that is so cool.  It sounds kind of industrial but also had a "Street Fighting Man" feel to it.  I doubt it is a Dust Brothers track, so I'm sure that's why it's not on the soundtrack.  

Does anyone know what song I'm talking about?
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Angry Ewok

Great movie, great book. The song you're talking about is Tom Waits' Going Out West. It should be on the soundtracks.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Love Dogg

Ewok, you are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While that IS the song I'm searching for, trust me, as many times as I've listened to the soundtrack, it's not on there.

However, you know somthing that's odd...?  I'm not a Tom Waits guy (not that I don't like him, I just haven't been educated on his music-maybe you can give me starter tips) but when I was watching it for the 998th time last night, I had this almost subsoncious vision of Tom Waits' Cookie Monster fingers when that song came on.  Around my group of friends, that is called a Yingling.  When you have that psychic-pre-de`ja vu-thing going on.

Anyway, Ewok...  You are the best!  You have been very helpful, yet again.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Angry Ewok

What I meant is that it should be on there. It was a bigger scene than some of the Dust Brothers material that is on the CD... in terms of music that comes to mind with this movie, it is third only behind Jack's Smirking Revenge and Chemical Burn.

And I'm in the same camp as you, I haven't delved into Tom Waits material - not because I don't love what I hear, I just haven't... I know there are a few folks on here who will be more than eager to educate us, though.

Glad I could help out!

ManNamedTruth

Great movie, Seven is awesome too. Zodiac was pretty good, but not great. Has anyone seen Panic Room?
It's hard to go wrong with Tom Waits, I haven't heard an album I didn't like. His songs are in a lot of movies and he also plays a lot of cameos, Reinfeld in Dracula is my favorite i've seen so far. His music changed so much that it would be hard to recommend one album to start by him, i'll let someone else take this one.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

megalicious

i thought this thread was going to contain something like this:
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Angry Ewok

QuoteHas anyone seen Panic Room?

I enjoyed that one... got it on DVD for something like $6... nobody ever wants to watch it with me, though.

:-X

easy jim

If you liked Fight Club the movie, you'll like the book even more.  There are countless lines that just couldn't be put into the movie that will send you rolling.  Such as, "I wan't to have your abortion,"  which was replaced by, "I haven't been fucked like that since grade school.  Palahniuk is great.
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!