AT LAST!   The Jacket heading Down Under!!!!!

Started by maddon, Sep 03, 2008, 02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddon

The majority of my (small) contributions on the forums have been my immature moaning & whinging about MMJ not coming to Australia.

I will now, kindly, shut the hell up and wait patiently for February!

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=25&ContentID=95704

Neil Young the top billing for Big Day Out

3rd September 2008, 7:00 WST

Legendary singer-songwriter Neil Young will headline the national Big Day Out music festival next year.

A spokeswoman for promoters Lees and West confirmed yesterday the 62-year-old Canadian-born musician will play at the annual rock'n'roll roadshow, which usually hits Perth early in February.

Young would also play sideshows in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne next January, but a separate Perth concert was unlikely, she said.

After starting out with Californian band Buffalo Springfield and teaming up with Crosby, Stills and Nash, Young made his name as a solo star with songs such as Rockin' in the Free World, Old Man and Heart of Gold. His ragged guitar solos fronting hard-rock band Crazy Horse led him to be dubbed the Godfather of Grunge.

American alternative band My Morning Jacket will support Young's sideshows and appear at the Big Days Out. British sensations The Ting Tings and Arctic Monkeys are also rumoured to be on the festival's bill, which will be announced on September 30.
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

hizzo

One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

DaFunkyPrecedent

Neil Who?

Arctic Monkeys - you better pray THEY get added!
God damn those shaky knees.

Angry Ewok

Glad to see my Aussie cousins are getting some reverb action, soon.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

weeniebeenie

Neil Young and MMJ in the same country as me??????!!!!! On the same stage?????????????????  :) ;) :D ;D :o 8-) :P
How loud can silence get?

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

fitzcarraldo

QuoteSomebody alert ali!

Done and Done!  :D

weeniebeenie

I found this from the last time they were here. Just a review with some photo's. Enjoy.
http://www.lovepolice.com.au/tales/index.php?id=0

CTdeadhead

QuoteThe majority of my (small) contributions on the forums have been my immature moaning & whinging about MMJ not coming to Australia.

I will now, kindly, shut the hell up and wait patiently for February!

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=25&ContentID=95704

Neil Young the top billing for Big Day Out

3rd September 2008, 7:00 WST

Legendary singer-songwriter Neil Young will headline the national Big Day Out music festival next year.

A spokeswoman for promoters Lees and West confirmed yesterday the 62-year-old Canadian-born musician will play at the annual rock'n'roll roadshow, which usually hits Perth early in February.

Young would also play sideshows in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne next January, but a separate Perth concert was unlikely, she said.

After starting out with Californian band Buffalo Springfield and teaming up with Crosby, Stills and Nash, Young made his name as a solo star with songs such as Rockin' in the Free World, Old Man and Heart of Gold. His ragged guitar solos fronting hard-rock band Crazy Horse led him to be dubbed the Godfather of Grunge.

American alternative band My Morning Jacket will support Young's sideshows and appear at the Big Days Out. British sensations The Ting Tings and Arctic Monkeys are also rumoured to be on the festival's bill, which will be announced on September 30.
This would be a dream concert.  Neil is one of my lifelong favorites.  Damn, never been to Australia.  Its time I tried some Vegamite sandwiches.  

ali

big day out will be good, but the sideshows will be amazing!!

now we just need the boys to announce their own shows!!
love a song for the way it makes you feel

weeniebeenie

Quotebig day out will be good, but the sideshows will be amazing!!

now we just need the boys to announce their own shows!!
I can't wait for the side shows!!!!!! :)

maddon

It's official!!!!

YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

The Jacket down under in '09!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

weeniebeenie

QuoteIt's official!!!!

YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

The Jacket down under in '09!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
http://www.bigdayout.com/lineup/artist.php?ArtistId=6  ;)