Trailer Park Boys

Started by realdeal, Jan 10, 2007, 03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realdeal

Funniest shit out there. (canadien comedy if you will)

Jaimoe

QuoteFunniest shit out there. (canadien comedy if you will)

I've never watched the show and I'm more Canadian (English spelling) than Bubbles (the dude in the middle). I do admire the show however. The recently released film did really well in Canada http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425601/

The film was produced by Canadian director/producer/writer Ivan Reitman (Ghostbusters, Meatballs, Stripes, Howard Stern's Private Parts etc...). I may watch the film at some point. The TV show is HUGE in Canada. No home-grown comedy has been this big since SCTV and to a lesser extend Kids In The Hall.

dragonboy

Funnily enough my friend was talking about this last night.
Will have to check it out...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Jaimoe

QuoteFunnily enough my friend was talking about this last night.
Will have to check it out...

I'll think you'll find it funny. I do laugh at scenes and situations when I pass by while surfing the channels.

red

I don't think it's all that funny, but I have immense respect for the show.  Just not my cup of tea.

Now, give me Kenny vs. Spenny - that's the best Canadian show in years.

.Walt

my buddy got a burnt dvd of four shows we couldn't stop watching it. i want to buy all the seasons on dvd for myself, but they're fuckin' expensive.  

i never heard "pullin' your goalie" as a term of masturbation before.
j-rocks rap concert funny as hell.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

dragonboy

Yeah I just checked that too.
A little cheaper on amazon.ca but still expensive...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Jaimoe

i never heard "pullin' your goalie" as a term of masturbation before.

That term is part of the cannon of Canadian euphemisms.

Also, I don't share red's love for Kenny Vs Spenny.

vielfras

Oh snap!  I completely forgot about this show.  Does anyone know what channel its on in the US?  I remember seeing it a year or two ago, late at night but I can't remember where.  The dude on the left was given the reigns on the trailer park for a weekend or something and he had some crazy ass party.  Awesome show
When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.

realdeal

If you get BBC America, thats the one. I had to order all the DVD's from amazon.com.

Jaimoe

QuoteIf you get BBC America, thats the one. I had to order all the DVD's from amazon.com.

I heard BBC America dropped the show.

vielfras

Thats a bummer man, well thanks for helping out guys.
When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.

Jaimoe

QuoteThats a bummer man, well thanks for helping out guys.

I don't know if its true, but I believe I read it somewhere. I don't get BBC America or BBC Canada for that matter.

EC

i laugh my ass off at trailer park boys.
and i laugh when people say "poop", so gage accordingly...

easy jim

So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

easy jim

I was laughing my ass off to it last night!  that dude carries a fuckin' drink in every scene.  I actually know that guy.  Genius!
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!