CD stores in Manhattan

Started by logan5ive, Jun 16, 2008, 04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logan5ive

I'm going to be in the city for almost a week starting Friday.... What are the best CD stores (used and new) in Manhattan?
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

gilisevil

other music.  E4th St.
bleecker street records.  greenwich village.
virgin megastore.  14th St or broadway.

im sure there are better ones, but solid mainstays.

the_wizzard

Soooooo, I am a vinyl junkie and the hubs found a great article in the NY Times recently (and bookmarked in anticipation for NYC), but considering the source (Dap-Kings), these music stores (I think they are all vinyl, correct me if I am wrong) are worth checking out in my book....any thoughts/experiences from some NYC folks is greatly appreciated!
http://www.timeout.com/newyork/articles/features/28440/rummaging-forrecords

BH

Quoteother music.  E4th St.

That one is featured in Paste this month right before the MMJ article.  Best
Paste
ever.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

fitzcarraldo

Paste
ever.

Logan5five GilIsEvil's first pick Other Music is the place! Yes. We will have to hit up OM while you are in town Dave.  

Their are a few used/new record (cd) stores on St. Mark's Place between 2nd and 3rd. It's also a great part of town.  

Wiz, Other Music (while not huge) has a solid vinyl section.  I would definitely recommend stopping by.   The shop is very close to where the DapTOne party is Saturday night (So is Big City Records).

Gil Is Evil In the House!  :D  (dude, check your voicemail)

the_wizzard

Paste
ever.

Logan5five GilIsEvil's first pick Other Music is the place! Yes. We will have to hit up OM while you are in town Dave.  

Their are a few used/new record (cd) stores on St. Mark's Place between 2nd and 3rd. It's also a great part of town.  

Wiz, Other Music (while not huge) has a solid vinyl section.  I would definitely recommend stopping by.   The shop is very close to where the DapTOne party is Saturday night (So is Big City Records).

Gil Is Evil In the House!  :D  (dude, check your voicemail)

Thanks for the heads up Murph, totally appreciated!  Since I am staying in Brooklyn, I will probably check out the stores in the article.  However, I am there until Sunday so I know that I will be wandering different parts of the city and will surely check out Other Music.
And this party you speak of, is it the Subway Soul party I posted about?  Or something more fabulous that I was unaware of?

Subway Soul is now at Fontana's......
http://subwaysoul.com/drupal/drupal-5.7/event

Am I the only one who cannot get Frank Sinatra out of my head these days ("These vagabond shoes, are longing to stray.....")?

fitzcarraldo

Oh my bad,  I now recall from your post that the party was mentioned on the DapTone website. That's the one I was talking about.  Sounds like a blast! :)

edit:  Fontana's is in the same neighborhood as Rififi.