I think Will Smith...

Started by bluntmaster, Jun 17, 2008, 11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Quoteitsd funny how my favorite movies of his, Enemy of the State followed by Ali, are probably 2 of his least popular/famous
Yeah those are my favs too. I love Gene Hackman & love/d Michael Mann...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

bluntmaster

dug enemy of the state.  hachman's the man in almost everything he does though.  Genies gotta big weenie when it comes to making movies that's for sure.

capt. scotty

Quotewhen independence day came out I was way younger and it was fucking AWESOME.  now it's kind of cheesy.  grew up on fresh prince and then fresh prince re-runs. definitely saw every episode at least a couple times.

the multi-talent double threat thing always blew my mind too for sure.  you're right capt. headdy he definitely is in the highest level of fame. he had that fucking song wild wild west which was just that stevie wonder tune with a flow over it pretty much then they made a MOVIE surround that one fucking song.  that's what it seemed like to me.  I barely remember the movie I know there's a huge robot spider or some shit in it that he fights or something, I don't know I can't remember.

Yeah, Independence Day came out when I was like 11- or 12, but I still think its bad ass. Just like Starship Troopers, and a movie IM actually watchin on TV right now, Con Air. None are great movies, but theyre all entertaining as hell and good for some laughs.

And yeah, Id actually say right now he IS that actor who is the most sought after for blockbusters. In the 90's, it was Mel Gibson and Tom Hanks, and maybe Tom Cruise. Im pretty sure its now Will Smith. Except Gibson and Hanks are great actors. Smith aint bad, but I wouldnt say he much better than pretty good (like Nicolas Cage good  ;D).

Whatever, I mean WHATEVER, he does is like a guaranteed 100 million dolla dolla bill y'all movie. I Am Legend, I Robot, Pursuit of Happyness, fuck, even Hitch.

You heard it hear first - Hancock grosses 120 mill plus even with the shitty state of the economy
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

bluntmaster

Quotewhen independence day came out I was way younger and it was fucking AWESOME.  now it's kind of cheesy.  grew up on fresh prince and then fresh prince re-runs. definitely saw every episode at least a couple times.

the multi-talent double threat thing always blew my mind too for sure.  you're right capt. headdy he definitely is in the highest level of fame. he had that fucking song wild wild west which was just that stevie wonder tune with a flow over it pretty much then they made a MOVIE surround that one fucking song.  that's what it seemed like to me.  I barely remember the movie I know there's a huge robot spider or some shit in it that he fights or something, I don't know I can't remember.

Yeah, Independence Day came out when I was like 11- or 12, but I still think its bad ass. Just like Starship Troopers, and a movie IM actually watchin on TV right now, Con Air. None are great movies, but theyre all entertaining as hell and good for some laughs.

And yeah, Id actually say right now he IS that actor who is the most sought after for blockbusters. In the 90's, it was Mel Gibson and Tom Hanks, and maybe Tom Cruise. Im pretty sure its now Will Smith. Except Gibson and Hanks are great actors. Smith aint bad, but I wouldnt say he much better than pretty good (like Nicolas Cage good  ;D).

Whatever, I mean WHATEVER, he does is like a guaranteed 100 million dolla dolla bill y'all movie. I Am Legend, I Robot, Pursuit of Happyness, fuck, even Hitch.

You heard it hear first - Hancock grosses 120 mill plus even with the shitty state of the economy

Con Air was sweet, then Face Off and 8mm was pretty weird.  "I want his face... off." Con Air seemed like it sparked that mexician actors career up too, the dude who was the crazy aces guy or whatever with tattoos.  Nick really went downhill after that stuff, I haven't seen NT1 or NT2 yet but they look like an advertisement for the US government or something, like "AMERICA IS FUCKING CRAZY MYSTERIOUS", haha I don't know.

but yeah Mr. Smith is taking it down like no other right now.   Keanu had that phase where he only did movies where he could control space and time in some way(Matrix triology/Constantine).  "woah".

Smith though I bet he thinks his shit is brilliant.  

getinthevan

I have to admit.  I'm not a big fan of Will Smith.  I used to think he was awesome but for some reason my opinion has changed.  However, I thought I Robot was awesome and I will be seeing Hancock.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

capt. scotty

QuoteI have to admit.  I'm not a big fan of Will Smith.  I used to think he was awesome but for some reason my opinion has changed.  However, I thought I Robot was awesome and I will be seeing Hancock.  

THIS be what im talkin about!!!

Youre drinkin that Will Smith kool-aid son!!

Bluntmaster - def check out Adaptation..not Nic Cage action, but its a sweet movie. Meryl Streep even smokes some plant that gets you crazy high so its worth it just for that....Lord of War was actually surprisingly very good too
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

bluntmaster

QuoteI have to admit.  I'm not a big fan of Will Smith.  I used to think he was awesome but for some reason my opinion has changed.  However, I thought I Robot was awesome and I will be seeing Hancock.  

THIS be what im talkin about!!!

Youre drinkin that Will Smith kool-aid son!!

Bluntmaster - def check out Adaptation..not Nic Cage action, but its a sweet movie. Meryl Streep even smokes some plant that gets you crazy high so its worth it just for that....Lord of War was actually surprisingly very good too

saw adaptation loved it, it's been a while though.  i'll download Lord of War I've never heard of that