Most Prized MMJ Item(s)...

Started by gundy, Jun 14, 2008, 12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gundy

Don't know if this was posted but I'm sure we all want to share...

Signed concert poster from the band.
Guitar pics and a couple of setlists from them touring on Z/Okonokos.
Our ticket stubs from concerts we went to:SF(all 3 nights),San Diego,Anaheim,Los Angeles
Z Electronic Press Kit
Cd's and vinyls(too many to list)

I'm sure people have better swag to list so c'mon an make us covet, covet, covet! Ahhhhh, love them evil urges!

weeniebeenie

I have a promo cd from when they came to Australia in 2004 and a couple of cool Evil Urges posters.
How loud can silence get?

Dorothy_Mantooth

"[Adrien Brody] is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by RZA."

mjkoehler

Slight ringing in left ear from the last MMJ show and a small blind spot in my right eye from the Floydian light show at that same concert.  :D

BH

Elizanne33 sent me a MMJ Dollar Bill from New Years, and it might seem like a small thing but it just represents everything I love about the band and the good people I've met on this forum who go out of there way to share the joy.  I wasn't even at the show!   But everytime I look at that thing it just makes me smile.  Since then, I've gotten other cool shit from many, many other members. Some of the time even as surprises! :)  I think we got something special here.

(Yes, I've been drinkin' buddum serrrruss.) ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

bluntmaster

I still think whoever got the jim james hair got the best mmj prize of all-time.  just my .02cents

lazybones

Some damn good memories...

Conan O'Brien 2003?- One Big Holiday- First MMJ experience...The energy..The Hair...Conan's enthusiastic endorsement of the band..."Yeah, I am definately buying that album!"

Local music store-sampling ISM for an hour with headphones...then the big purchase.

Work- Listening to ISM for 2 weeks straight...more mesmerized with every listen.

Berbati's in Portland, OR- First show...Maybe 300 people...Drowned in reverb...Amazed and Appreciative...Thinking the next time I see these guy it will be in a much bigger venue because they are sure to blow up.

Buying TF and AD- Finding joy in the first half of AD then utter epiphany with Strangulation .

Crystal Ballroom in PDX- about 3K in attendance- revelation realized.

Z- Poppier but more epic at times- First favorite song from the album- LayLow.

Aladdin Theater in PDX- return to intimate but with the explosiveness of Z songs...Driving by Pat in the back alley but too shy to roll down my window to give a shout out.

Missing NYE at Fillmore...arrrrrgh!

Coachella 2008- hearing new songs live first time- Highly Suspicious and Touch Me pt 2...wow!

Daily anticipation for Edgefield show!!!

"There are only two kinds of songs; there's the blues, and there's zip-a-dee-doo-dah."
-Townes Van Zandt

vespachick

QuoteElizanne33 sent me a MMJ Dollar Bill from New Years, and it might seem like a small thing but it just represents everything I love about the band and the good people I've met on this forum who go out of there way to share the joy.  I wasn't even at the show!   But everytime I look at that thing it just makes me smile.  Since then, I've gotten other cool shit from many, many other members. Some of the time even as surprises! :)  I think we got something special here.

8-)

My singular, torn up, trod upon Fillmore Dollar is my fave thing, too!! I have it at my desk at work.  People think I'm strange. :-?

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

red

This baby signed by the entire band:

And every single minute of that, my so far only MMJ show.  

TEO

My 10 MMJ videos I shot from the front row of 'Roo '06.    
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

tomEisenbraun

The people from here that I've met because of this band, and all of the experiences we've had collectively. Shit, I got a phone call from Brad today because he was at Bonnaroo and didn't know if I were there or not (sadly, no). Seriously, he called me on Christmas a year and a half ago just to wish me Merry Christmas. It's sort of crazy, but the fact that we all care so much about each other is really cool. That and finding out that Pat and Tom read the message boards enough that Pat knew who I was when I mentioned the mulletman when I finally met him.

Honestly, the only signature I have from these guys is from Bonnaroo 2005 when I tracked down Tommy at M. Ward's set and "thanked him for the music" about 20 times and got him to sign my plain white T-Shirt. I then labeled the front something like "My Morning Jacket Bonnaroo 2005" or something too obvious like that and filled in the set-list writing upside down on my own chest as they played their ridiculous set with the puppets.

That one's special as my first show of theirs, but the show they played in Nashville supporting Z was huge because I actually got to meet and hang out with the band for a bit afterward along with Tracy, Brian, Corey and their wives.

And then the memory of a road trip from Nashville to Cincy and back to see 'em play on my 18th birthday with Tracy later on that tour.

And then the joy of getting our giant crew together for the Rites of Spring show in March 2006.

Lord, and then the Ryman. I don't have much swag, but I've got these memories of shit. The Ryman show was so great that I was sort of fist-drumming on my thigh the whole time, got home and then realized what exactly Run Thru, Lay Low, One Big Holiday and Off The Record do to me--I had a bruise about the size of a catcher's mitt beaten into my right front thigh, and it was about as purple as a handful of scuppernongs. Good lord.

Also can't forget, at Bonnaroo '05 I met my first fellow forum-ite when I found the lovely Meg from Toronto there. She gave me one of her first cd's, and it was wonderful.

My Most Prized MMJ Item is really the love that's grown out of this board between strangers all over the world. You really just can't beat that.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

red

Tom, you don't know me but I think I love you (in a completely heterosexual way).  Nearly every single one of your posts has me spellbound.  

Jahmazed

My Radio City tickets! Less than a week to go  :D

Cameron

1. show memories
2. picture with jim doing a thumbs up
3. handwritten setlist from the sxsw solo church show
4. autographed ISM book

Coltrane

--autographed "It Still Moves" vinyl by the current lineup, just a few shows into the new regime...
--used to have one of the PeanutButter & Jelly sandwiches they passed out at the 4th & B in San Diego. Should've frozen it, but didn't. it got gross and i had to toss it!
--set list from Philly show (from Patricks drums) during Z tour in which they played the whole album front to back. On the encore, Patrick (or someone) crossed out "Hell" and wrote "Twilight."

--so many memories.................
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

TheBigChicken

SF show w/NYE poster(framed) :)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TEO

QuoteSF show w/NYE poster(framed) :)

I need to get mine framed. The devil, and Boston Pops. They seem like unusual sizes. Did you have to go custom on the framing?
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

tbw

four CDs and the tickets to a few shows.

Kory

QuoteMy 10 MMJ videos I shot from the front row of 'Roo '06.    
Teo, where might these videos be? Please don't tell me YouTube... if so, can we maybe get the original videos uploaded? thanks!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

Elizanne33

QuoteElizanne33 sent me a MMJ Dollar Bill from New Years, and it might seem like a small thing but it just represents everything I love about the band and the good people I've met on this forum who go out of there way to share the joy.  I wasn't even at the show!   But everytime I look at that thing it just makes me smile.  Since then, I've gotten other cool shit from many, many other members. Some of the time even as surprises! :)  I think we got something special here.

That's awesome that the dollar bill is so meaningful :)

I love every memory that I have of them performing live, and all of the cds. My most prized item though, is the autographed guitar I won at one of the Okonokos screenings. That is a darn cool piece of memorabilia!