Most Prized MMJ Item(s)...

Started by gundy, Jun 14, 2008, 12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Quote from: Ruckus on Jun 05, 2013, 01:45 PM
Quote from: FiddleCastro on Jun 05, 2013, 12:47 PM

I love the jealous looking onlooker to your left :)  What about the T5 EU set list Fiddle?

Isn't that "jealous onlooker" Headhunter?

Ruckus

Quote from: Fully on Jun 05, 2013, 05:37 PM

I love the jealous looking onlooker to your left :)  What about the T5 EU set list Fiddle?

1+1=2?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Fully

Quote from: Ruckus on Jun 05, 2013, 05:58 PM
Quote from: Fully on Jun 05, 2013, 05:37 PM

1+1=2?

If you are going to make me start doing math, I'm at a loss. :undecided:

johnnYYac

From the best MMJ show I have seen (Portland, ME 10/15/10), the morning after... I met Bo at Starbucks, then he and I walked back to the hotel.  He told me to hang around in the lobby, as they were coming down.  I spent about 20 minutes with the whole band and got them to sign this poster before climbing in the van to head to Levon's barn for the Ramble...

From Newport Folk Festival 2010, after Jim's solo acoustic set, I stood to the side of the backstage area and coaxed Jim over with my OM-84... the same model he played on "Sooner" from Acoustic Chorale/Okonokos. 

He signed it...

And took a picture with my daughter and niece. 

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

zanjam

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 05, 2013, 09:28 PM
From the best MMJ show I have seen (Portland, ME 10/15/10), the morning after... I met Bo at Starbucks, then he and I walked back to the hotel.  He told me to hang around in the lobby, as they were coming down.  I spent about 20 minutes with the whole band and got them to sign this poster before climbing in the van to head to Levon's barn for the Ramble...

From Newport Folk Festival 2010, after Jim's solo acoustic set, I stood to the side of the backstage area and coaxed Jim over with my OM-84... the same model he played on "Sooner" from Acoustic Chorale/Okonokos. 

He signed it...

And took a picture with my daughter and niece. 

The poster is awesome, the pics are awesome, your t shirt is awesome and the story is awesome.  Love it all!!

I don't have many items, but my most prized would have to be this pic of me and what appears to be my boyfriend basking in the sunny glow of Red Rocks.  It doesn't get much better than that!

Oh yeah, and the peeps are rad, too.  :thumbsup:
anything + reverb always = better

bluesky

John I remember watching you take the photos of the girls at Newport. Didn't know you at the time and thought it was sweet. I love that poster from Maine!!! What a great one to have signed.

Taterbug

JohnnYY ,  Nice collection of items and memories.  The Jim pic with your girls is awesome.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

johnnYYac

Quote from: Taterbug on Jun 06, 2013, 03:35 PM
JohnnYY ,  Nice collection of items and memories.  The Jim pic with your girls is awesome.
Thanks, Tater.  Maddie, in the floral dress, damn near knocked Jim over hugging him when he first came over... pretty funny. 

Katherine got Brittany Howard.

Not sure who Lauren will meet... maybe Pooch!

johnnYYac

Quote from: zanjam on Jun 05, 2013, 11:27 PMI don't have many items, but my most prized would have to be this pic of me and what appears to be my boyfriend basking in the sunny glow of Red Rocks.  It doesn't get much better than that!

Oh yeah, and the peeps are rad, too.  :thumbsup:
Always impressed by that photo, Jenny!  And jealous, as Red Rocks still eludes me. 

Willard1979

My most prized MMJ item is the memories of hearing and seeing them for the first time.  Its made me the diehard fan I am today.   I may not have any special items or autographs, like some do here, but just knowing that there is something out there that makes me truly happy and content is more than enough for me!  :thumbsup:

gundy

Wow.. Great to see people still checking on this topic!

Definitely the people we've met at all the MMJ concerts have been amazing and it always feels like it's MMJ-stock.

The last concerts me and the missus attended were all the Terminal 5 shows plus Carl's in NYC.  We met the photographer that took our pic way back in 2006 at the Fillmore in SF during New Year's and she sent us the pic. It's one of our many cherished items!

Will be heading to One Big Holiday and hope you all make it!  :beer:
If not, then enjoy all the concerts you're heading to and feel free and share!

Best,
Gundy

walterfredo

other than my posters (favs being all 5 T5, and Spusta Gold owl for LA Greek show, #8/8)...

...hands down my favorite MMJ item I own is a black hoodie that were given by the band to the staff of the Fillmore as a gift for the NYE 2006 show, and were not sold to the public at all.  A Fillmore staffer put theirs up for sale on Ebay the week after the show and I stumbled upon the listing and knew right away that it would be mine!  Says 'Jacket' in red letters across the chest, and has the date and 'The Fillmore' going down the sleeve.  I rarely wear it, it's slightly too big for me and I'm also afraid of losing it or it getting f'd up. 

BigHerm

Probably my bonnaroo burwell.

My favorite show and favorite poster.

AlwxanderD10

Mines definitely my hotel Roy lp I found laying on the ground under a bunch of opera records at a flea market. I still have no idea why or how it got there.....

kasedoug

Definitely the setlist from the Pantages show that Jim signed for me (it's part of my avatar). The Burwell poster from that show is one of my favorites. Also, Jim's pick that I got at another LA show.

63schoefflin

Probably my most prized possession ever, along with the setlist from Pearl Jam's PJ20 show...I got the setlist from Yim's solo show at Johnny Brenda's earlier this year. Front row and snagged it right after. Freakin awesome.

Sweet Nothing

This is not an easy one to pick but my most prized MMJ item would have to be the framed photo I won in a drawing at the T5 shows.  It was a drawing for fund raising efforts to benefit Sweet Home New Orleans & Gulf Restoration Network.  I would have to thank the fellow MMJ fan(female women with a camera) that spoke so highly of Danny Clinch's work and coaxed me into buying a packet(packet of 5 for $20, $5 each single). 

Thing is she gave me one of the few packets she purchased and I asked her what her name was so I could write it on the tickets cause I didn't feel right putting my name on a packet of tickets she had payed for.  The merch person noticed I had a packet of tickets and asked for the $20 so I payed for them.  The women I met was given another packet, so I owe this fellow fan a big thank you for talking me into buying the raffle tickets! 

There were two winners picked and two framed photos given to the winners, one being a picture of the band at Preservation Jazz Hall by Danny Clinch from an over head shot of the band sitting at a table and another one by Sam Erickson of the band's sound check for Okonokos.  As much as I love the Clinch photo of the band at Preservation Jazz Hall and would have love to won that one, I was very exited to have won the Erickson framed photo! 

Best thing about me winning this photo was that following Christmas my brother and I exchanged gifts and he had given me the Ba-Ba-Bananas t-shirt that a fellow forum member had made to commemorate T5 Z night and SF NYE shows.  I had given my brother the framed Erickson photo as a Christmas/late wedding present and he loved it.  It currently hangs in his office with his Burwell NYE show at the Garhden!  Thank you My Morning Jacket and the lovely people you attract with your music!!!

wonderfulman

My first show was Radio City Music Hall in 08'. That show made me fall in love with the band. Didn't pick up a poster that night, but my brother bought me one for my birthday a few years back. HANDS DOWN my favorite poster in my collection, not to mention the most beautiful. The gold finish makes it very unique and special.

gardenparty

gotta be Okonokos vinyl.  its so awesome

other than that probaly MSG NYE poster

LB

The Port Chester shows back in 2012....utterly unbelievable. The first shows where they played song after song that I had not seen before live.....   :cheesy:  :cheesy:

Also, the fans are something extraordinary. I don't post here often, but I can still say that you MMJ fans are something special, and so down to Earth. It's one thing to follow an amazing band, but to also go to a concert and realize the fans are very good-willed is something else

no you never gotta fight with me