Fantasy Football (NFL)

Started by aMD, Aug 19, 2007, 08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bama37

Quoteholy shit, i can't believe my 2 points held up! this morning i looked at the stat tracker first, and it said that true was in 4th place. i then go to the fantasy page and it has bigfoot in the playoffs(this was at 5:30). at 7:00 i go back to the fantasy page, and it had true in there. i don't know what was going on, but they ended up getting it right.

i'm matched up w/ walt, which sux, cause i think he has the strongest team from top to bottom. i think he is going to take the championsip. i would like my chances better if s. holmes wasn't hurt and if chester taylor were still getting all the carries. oh well!

i didn't think i made it, i thought you had to lose for me to get in.

i thought the same thing!

ManNamedTruth

Quoteholy shit, i can't believe my 2 points held up! this morning i looked at the stat tracker first, and it said that true was in 4th place. i then go to the fantasy page and it has bigfoot in the playoffs(this was at 5:30). at 7:00 i go back to the fantasy page, and it had true in there. i don't know what was going on, but they ended up getting it right.

i'm matched up w/ walt, which sux, cause i think he has the strongest team from top to bottom. i think he is going to take the championsip. i would like my chances better if s. holmes wasn't hurt and if chester taylor were still getting all the carries. oh well!

i didn't think i made it, i thought you had to lose for me to get in.

i thought the same thing!

you beating bigfoot was big. At least someone can beat Tom Brady and Randy Moss!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

bama37

i was just about to post that. that's funny as shit!

bama37

i feel bad for bigfoot though. he missed the playoffs by one fucking point. even though i had to beat him to get in, i still feel bad. i would rather lose by 50 points rather than 1.  

aMD

Wow! That really came down to it.  Congrats to everyone who made the playoffs.  I can't believe that K didn't get in with Brady and Moss.  But then again there were two weeks that he didn't update his roster so he kinda did it to himself.  

Congrats again.  I'll get mine next year. (I hope everyone comes back for next year).

ManNamedTruth

Quotei feel bad for bigfoot though. he missed the playoffs by one fucking point. even though i had to beat him to get in, i still feel bad. i would rather lose by 50 points rather than 1.  

i don't. he messed up by not putting players in to replace ones that weren't going to play, week after week. i'm assuming he probably didn't care much?

ManNamedTruth

why the fuck did i get kicked out of the playoffs? i was supposed to go against Bad Motherfuckers. They gave a tie to bama and bigfoot?

aMD

Quotewhy the fuck did i get kicked out of the playoffs? i was supposed to go against Bad Motherfuckers. They gave a tie to bama and bigfoot?

ewww. that sucks. i don't know.  but i do remember seeing a section about scoring disputes on the fantasy help page.  i'm guessing they scored something wrong and made the change but it's awful late in the game to pull that.

bama37

what the hell? i didn't know that happened! that sux. i would contact them and ask what happened. that sux!

bowl of soup

It's called a stat correction and it will break your heart - I lost 3 games last season on Tuesday in another league and missed the playoffs by a single game.  Win on Tuesday morning, loss on Tuesday afternoon - no fun.  Here is what happened here (I cut and pasted this from my other league's website):

In the Week 14 Minnesota at San Francisco game, an apparent interception of Shaun Hill by Pat Williams has now been ruled a Hill fumble and Pat Willaims fumble recovery by Elias Sports Bureau. Accordingly:
Shaun Hill will now be credited with 2 fumbles, 27 pass attempts, and 0 interceptions.
Pat Williams will be credited with a fumble recovery and a 1 yd return.
The Minnesota defense is credited with an additional sack and fumble recovery.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

bowl of soup

So instead of just one point for the interception, the Minnesota D now gets 2 points, one for the sack and one for the fumble recovery.  Instead of a one point loss, we now have a tie and no playoffs for True.

This is easily the worst result from a stat correction that I have ever seen in over ten years of fantasy football.

aMD

yeah true. everyone knows we're not the best of friends but i'm feelin for ya. that sucks.  that's a shitty way to go out.

bama37

bowl of soup

Quotei feel bad for bigfoot though. he missed the playoffs by one fucking point. even though i had to beat him to get in, i still feel bad. i would rather lose by 50 points rather than 1.  

i don't. he messed up by not putting players in to replace ones that weren't going to play, week after week. i'm assuming he probably didn't care much?

WOW!  Uhhh, karma anyone?

red

ManNamedTruth

Quoteyeah true. everyone knows we're not the best of friends but i'm feelin for ya. that sucks.  that's a shitty way to go out.

it's all good, it would be different if there was money involved. i am competitive and wanted to win though. next year i plan to join a couple leagues, and play for money.

bowl of soup

Quoteyeah true. everyone knows we're not the best of friends but i'm feelin for ya. that sucks.  that's a shitty way to go out.

it's all good, it would be different if there was money involved. i am competitive and wanted to win though. next year i plan to join a couple leagues, and play for money.

The money changes everything.  I play in a league where there is quite a bit of money on the line and we argue like little girls.  We used to be friends.  I still can't believe that you missed the playoffs on a stat correction - I've been telling your sad tale to my friends.

ManNamedTruth

The money changes everything.  I play in a league where there is quite a bit of money on the line and we argue like little girls.  We used to be friends.  I still can't believe that you missed the playoffs on a stat correction - I've been telling your sad tale to my friends.

yeah i'm still in disbelief. heres a summary of what happened just for the hell of it:

I originally thought to make the playoffs bigfoot had to beat bama, and I had to beat bad motherfuckers. I barley beat bad motherfuckers by two points, and beat him (the number 1 seed!) both times this season. As it turned out, it didn't matter if bama or bigfoot won, as long as one of them wins and ones of them loses. I watched the flacons saints monday night game as a lot was riding on that game, even though it was boring. Roddy White has a pretty good game and almost ruins my win over bad motherfuckers by 2 points, and Alge Crumpler is non-exisistant and only earns 1 point for bigfoot. I thought I didn't have a chance of making it, figuring bama had to lose and Crumpler didn't do anything to help bigfoot. Bama's 2 point lead turns into a 1 point victory and i make the playoffs as a 4th seed and bigfoot is on the outside looking in after a very promising start. That was the highest i've been to that point, I haven't been in 4th place all year! Playoffs were set for me to once again play bad motherfuckers for two conesecutive weeks. the next day the stat correction gives bigfoot 1 point, and a tie with bama. Both teams end the regular season 8-5-1 (our first tie all year) and me at 8-6 with more total points than bama and bigfoot and back out of the playoffs.

bama37

i would like to see the actual play to see if they got the call right.

aMD

Quotei would like to see the actual play to see if they got the call right.

I saw the play and it looked like an INT to me.  So did the NFL change the stat after the fact or was this stat change made on sunday?