Fantasy Football (NFL)

Started by aMD, Aug 19, 2007, 08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowl of soup

Quotei would like to see the actual play to see if they got the call right.

I saw the play and it looked like an INT to me.  So did the NFL change the stat after the fact or was this stat change made on sunday?

From the horses mouth:

"Also note that the NFL's statistical service, the Elias Sports Bureau, routinely makes stat changes in the days or even weeks following games."

Most fantasy services cut off stat corrections from making scoring changes after Tuesday; so if Elias comes back and changes something in week 2 in week 4, the results won't be changed.  I actually thought it was a fumble.  Shaun Hill went to Maryland, so I was happy to see him finally get in a game.  He was dropping back and being mauled, the ball popped out behind him and was nabbed out of the air.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ManNamedTruth

Quotei would like to see the actual play to see if they got the call right.

I saw the play and it looked like an INT to me.  So did the NFL change the stat after the fact or was this stat change made on sunday?

From the horses mouth:

"Also note that the NFL's statistical service, the Elias Sports Bureau, routinely makes stat changes in the days or even weeks following games."

Most fantasy services cut off stat corrections from making scoring changes after Tuesday; so if Elias comes back and changes something in week 2 in week 4, the results won't be changed.  I actually thought it was a fumble.  Shaun Hill went to Maryland, so I was happy to see him finally get in a game.  He was dropping back and being mauled, the ball popped out behind him and was nabbed out of the air.

i think i saw the play during The Blitz on ESPN, not knowing the future consequences it would have. You couldn't really tell if he was trying to throw the ball. The ball came out forward like it was thrown as he was getting hit and was caught in the air.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

bowl of soup

My memory of the play is wrong.  You can see it here:

http://www.nfl.com/videos

You have to select week 14, Min vs. SF and select highlights.  It looks like the ball bounces off a lineman's helmet, but, man, I'd have to say that it looks like an interception to me.  That is a tough, tough call.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteMy memory of the play is wrong.  You can see it here:

You have to select week 14, Min vs. SF and select highlights.  It looks like the ball bounces off a lineman's helmet, but, man, I'd have to say that it looks like an interception to me.  That is a tough, tough call.

they call that a fumble! Blasphemy. What about the "additional sack", there was clearly no sack on that play.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

bowl of soup

QuoteMy memory of the play is wrong.  You can see it here:

they call that a fumble! Blasphemy. What about the "additional sack", there was clearly no sack on that play.

Good point.  This is really shitty.  The guy who runs Elias must have the Minnesota D on his fantasy team.

bama37

looks like me and walt in the championship, unless peterson scores more than 35 points.   he's capable of doing it, but hopefully he doesn't.

corey

btw, I should still be able to pitch in for tickets for the winner down the line as well. I don't think I ever mentioned that when it came up a couple of weeks ago.

aMD

congrats to walt and bama.  

.Walt

Quotecongrats to walt and bama.  

congrats to the stat correction. i would've played bama and lost. here's to you mister stat correction guy!...here's to you  [smiley=beer.gif]

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

red

bama37

unless peterson goes off tonite, i will be playing the person i thought would win the championship(walt). if i keep my lead, good luck 2 ya, [smiley=beer.gif] may the best team win. here's to playing for the championship 8-) regaurdless if i win or lose, it's been fun as hell. this was my first year to play fantasy football. i was kinda lost in the beginning, and then learned stuff as each week passed by. hope everyone can get this same league together next year, cause even though i don't know u personally(except my bro) i feel like i know u, and all of u are cool guys. :)

Jon T.

Fuck off.

That's for knocking me out.  But seriously, good luck to ya.  You should try and get some of your friends in a money league next season.  

bama37

lol! yea, me and my bro were talking about trying to do that, if we can get enough people.

corey

Congrats on the win last night, Dylan. I had a pretty good run in the middle of the season, but screwed the pooch toward the end. Oh, well. It was fun any damn way.

aMD

QuoteCongrats on the win last night, Dylan. I had a pretty good run in the middle of the season, but screwed the pooch toward the end. Oh, well. It was fun any damn way.

Thanks.  I didn't know if you were even paying attention.  Did you notice that the difference in the game was our trade.  Berrian did nothing and Colston had like 14 points which was more than the difference.  Anyway, it was fun.  I also hope we can get the same group together next year (even you Chris  ;) ).  

bama37

that's funny, i can actually thank walt for getting me to the champ. game w/ the trade we made. graham and galloway helped out alot. oh, and me getting tomlinson helped a little bit ;)   who wants to pass my kidney stone for me?: :)

.Walt

Quotethat's funny, i can actually thank walt for getting me to the champ. game w/ the trade we made. graham and galloway helped out alot. oh, and me getting tomlinson helped a little bit ;)   who wants to pass my kidney stone for me?: :)

i'm still kicking myself for doing that trade. if i remember correctly, we played the same week we did the trade, and my former players turned on me and i lost.  hopefully that won't happen this week.

also its been a fun year. but as far as the pair of tickets for the winner goes...i'm not sure if everyone's down for doing that. some people weren't there for draft. (although it would be only 10 or so bucks per team, which even for me that isn't a lot) BUT i'm saying next year, we let it be known that winner gets tickets. Obviously the founding members have first crack at signing up. i'll pay bama if he wins. i'm just saying that if i win, i won't be pissed if people don't.

bama37

same for me walt, if u win, i will pay u cash or if we do the tickets i will pitch in.

well shit, first i found out that fargas is out w/ an injury( he was getting me between 10-15 pts per week). so i had a decision to make either to play c. taylor, s. holmes, or r. williams. weel i had holmes in there till about 4 hrs before the game thursday, but wasn't sure i wanted to do that or not. he has been injured for 3 weeks, and hasn't scored more than 3 pts. so, i call my brother and ask his opinionand he said he would go w/ taylor( and i said yea, i agree. well first play of the game holmes gets an 83 yrd reception and ends up w/ 13 pts.(bastard) hopefully taylor will get a short yardage td.

good luck walt! :)  

.Walt

i could be retarded, but i'm thinking about sitting portis. minnesota run d is way to good, and most teams give up running after the first quarter. i don't want to over think things, but i have to play the numbers in the championship.

bama37

you're not the only person thinking about sitting portis(fant. experts say sit him). i think i'm thinking way to hard this week, and i think it's going to kill me. all of the other weeks, i didn't struggle this hard about who to start or sit.