RIP Bernie Mac

Started by capt._headdy, Aug 09, 2008, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Man...just saw this after I signed out of my email. Only 50 and he died from pneumonia, cant believe it. Personally, I thought he was hilarious and even made bad movies like Mr. 3000 or Guess Who funny and watchable basically just because you cant help but laugh at him. Never really watched Bernie Mac Show consistently, but it was definitely a cut above most sitcoms.

Tonight, Im remembering him by watching probably 1 of my 5 favorite comedies ever - Bad Santa

RIP B-Mac

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080809/ap_on_en_mo/obit_bernie_mac
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

thatswhatshesaid

his stand up was hilarious.

wss

Angry Ewok

Please tell me this isn't real.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Angry Ewok

That's just disgusting.

Did anyone else here watch the Bernie Mac Show from time to time?
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

QuoteThat's just disgusting.

Did anyone else here watch the Bernie Mac Show from time to time?

Me and my wife loved that show.  I will miss him.  I actually called my first daughter "baby girl" for a long time because of that show.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

Wow. That's some Christian love there. Man I hate those fucking ass-clowns. Glad I'm an atheist.

RIP Bernie. I thought you were hilarious.

capt. scotty

The rest of the Kings of Comedy should go there while theyre picketing, bring a film crew, and tape them doing their most vulgar sets that they can. Bernie probably was the most obscene, but D.L. can bring some heat!

Let the man rest people!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

j_rud

The Westboro Baptist Church is a joke. They have 100 members and 80 of them are from the same blood line. Does that mean if I have a family reunion and start throwing the words "God" and "fag" around I can say we're a church? The sad thing is that they bring a lot of unnecessary pain and suffering upon people with their protests. I know that responding violently is hypocritical, but I'd be lying if I said there isnt a part of me that wouldnt like seeing a few of them get smacked around. There is nothing more despicable than harassing the family of a soldier who has given his life for his country.

As for Mac, he will be missed. He was really good with that "uncomfortable" comedy like Guess Who and the scene with Matt Damon in Oceans 11. Good comedian and a great family man.

edit: I didnt type "carrot", the filter edited it out. I used that word the Westboro Baptist Crazies are so fond of.
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?