How far have you travelled to see MMJ?

Started by maddon, Oct 12, 2008, 10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMillionDreams

QuoteBoone NC to Telluride CO...but in a nice rented mini-van with my girl, so it is no match for Sherpa's Greyhound excursion...what an experience that must've been!  

Wish I would've been on the foum back then, MillionDreams, it would've been great to meet up with you in beautiful downtown Telluride.

We may have met and not know it.  I was on the front rail in front of Jim for MMJ with Crispy and the wife.  Mountain Girl and I missed each other at Telluride unfortunately.

We also went to Red Rocks two nights before.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

the_wizzard

QuotePortland, OR to JFK (by plane) via Atlanta for RCMH = 5860 miles round trip (9420 km).  

Doing it one more time for NYE, but this time it will be 4860 miles round trip (7820 km) because I have a direct flight into Newark.

Ditto!  Hey Wizz, you flying Continental on the 30th?  Party in coach!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NO WAY!  You better be on the 10:30 pm (red eye)  :D!  Crossing fingers that you are, because we could hook up 3 seats together...possibly!  I usually take the middle seat and give the husband the koosh seat (I am too good to that man...but he is so deserving!).  I think we have a window this time around.  How fun would that be!  We could take the train into Penn Station & get breakfast somewhere before AJ and I head to Brooklyn for a long nap before the show.

megalicious

farthest i have travelled was from the bgky to champaign, illinois--by car.

and the car blew a tire in indianapolis.

worth every minute, though.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

weeniebeenie

I'll be travelling about an hour on the train.
How loud can silence get?

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Tez

Flew from Brisbane Australia to Berkeley CAL, via LA, for the September show.  What a fantastic night and such a cool crowd.

Already have my tickets for the Neil Young/MMJ show in Brisbane in January next year.  

nichless

We may have met and not know it.  I was on the front rail in front of Jim for MMJ with Crispy and the wife.  Mountain Girl and I missed each other at Telluride unfortunately.

We also went to Red Rocks two nights before.

Nice!  I wanted to hit Red Rocks, but we were in Santa Fe visiting friends.  Did see a screening of Big Lebowski there though; it sold out, everyone was dressed up and singing along, quoting lines, cheering for Donny--it was brilliant!

Probably missed you at Telluride.  I was about the equivalent of 4 or 5 rows back from you--I didn't want to get harassed for the grass.  ;)  Although I probably could've done whatever I wanted and no "security" would've said a word.  Good audience, great show, amazing place to see the band--I'm just so thankful that I was able to be there to share.  Say, do you know if there is a recording of it floating around out there?  I've heard tale of a tape, but I've never seen one.....    

Jaimoe

Twenty minutes on the subway, twice, and twice on a streetcar for fifteen minutes.

carolinakooiman

Charlotte, NC to Chicago, IL and didn't even get to see them!  Looking forward to trying it again in December.  I hope the Richmond show gets rescheduled.  I'll def. make that trip as well.

vespachick

QuotePortland, OR to JFK (by plane) via Atlanta for RCMH = 5860 miles round trip (9420 km).  

Doing it one more time for NYE, but this time it will be 4860 miles round trip (7820 km) because I have a direct flight into Newark.

Ditto!  Hey Wizz, you flying Continental on the 30th?  Party in coach!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NO WAY!  You better be on the 10:30 pm (red eye)  :D!  Crossing fingers that you are, because we could hook up 3 seats together...possibly!  I usually take the middle seat and give the husband the koosh seat (I am too good to that man...but he is so deserving!).  I think we have a window this time around.  How fun would that be!  We could take the train into Penn Station & get breakfast somewhere before AJ and I head to Brooklyn for a long nap before the show.

Ahh, Crap!  I'm leaving in the a.m. on the 30th (my fear of bad weather prompted my getting in as early as possible; I'm staying with Penny in NJ - MMJ PJ party!!).  Oh well, I'm out on the 2nd (Friday) on the 7:15p... Either way, we'll all be up on the rail heralding in this muther 2009!!! :D ;D :D
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

mahgeetah

Sacramento to Chicago-- by plane and the CTA

Erik26

Calgary to Portland to Seattle to Calgary. 3000KM In 4 days. So so so so so worth it. Maybe one day they will do a Canadian tour and not just play Toronto and Montreal.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

the_wizzard

QuoteCalgary to Portland to Seattle to Calgary. 3000KM In 4 days. So so so so so worth it. Maybe one day they will do a Canadian tour and not just play Toronto and Montreal.
They need to play Vancouver.....I would personally prefer to go the extra mile up to Vancouver or Victoria and skip Seattle all together.  I love BC.   MMJ needs to give the mid to western part of Canada some love!

Janet

QuoteSacramento to Chicago-- by plane and the CTA

Made that trip last week (and learned about Jim promptly after arriving).

So far mine has been Sacramento to Atlanta to Louisville
And then, coming back,  from Louisville via Chicago to Denver (Red Rocks) to Sac

Grateful Chabo

memphis, tn to miami, fl....non stop.  haulin ass!!
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul."

logan5ive

MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

goldenlady

Round trip...my total miliage...to date

6/4/06 Bethlehem, PA to Hunter Mountain, NY=296.2
11/30/06 Bethlehem, PA to NYC=163.76
12/1/06 Bethlehem, PA to Philadelphia=105.58
12/2/06 Bethlehem, PA to Boston, MA=584.06
6/20/08 Bethlehem, PA to NYC (RCMH)=163.76
8/16/08 Bethlehem, PA to Louisville, KY=1313.72
8/29/08 Bethlehem, PA to Miami, FL to Orlando, FL(8/30/08) back to Miami, FL to Bethlehem=2904.6
9/5/08 Bethlehem, PA to Philadelphia, PA=105.58

12/31/08 Bethlehem, PA to NYC for NYE at MSG!!!=163.76

Grand Total= 5800.42!!!

I met Patrick at the orlando show...he told me they should put me on the payroll...I said thank you and I know...please do:)

see you all on NYE!!!

walterfredo

We'll be flying out from SF for the NYE show.  

I see some Sacto folks, we'll be traveling out to NYC with some close friends who live in Woodland.