Should we be freaking out?

Started by ycartrob, Sep 15, 2008, 01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

QuoteI am not freakin' at all as I was mentally prepared for all of this shit to go down twenty years ago.......

I'm already trying to mentally prepare myself for the possibility of McCain getting elected.  I don't consider myself a Democrat and liked McCain before he sold his soul, but how could anybody say they want more of the same?

More of the "same" might be better than the unknown. People say they want change, but we're human. We HATE change.
BULL! Change is good and I welcome it.
I agree. Don't we NEED it ?????
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Jaimoe

QuoteYou forgot about global warming and the glaciers melting.

I don't fully buy into that one, especially since the planet has a  history of fluctuations in temperatures

Just a question: What does humanity have to lose by conserving and trying to be more environmentally sound? Yes, the planet has a history of fluctuations, but why should we hurry this along instead of trying to slow it down? It's not really too comforting sitting here in Southern Ontario and knowing that the North Pole is melting at a rapid rate. 

We have nothing to lose by conserving and trying to be more environmentally sound. I'm onboard

I'm going to agree that we have nothing to lose by conserving and being more "green" but I'm against this idea that we have solely caused "global warming".  The Earth goes through natural cycles and we've undoubtedly altered those cycles.  But if anything, we've slowed the whole process down.  Nobody wants to see it change because change is scary.  Has anyone considered that fact that maybe its supposed to change?

We've slowed nothing down. The polar ice-caps are disappearing at an alarming and disturbing rate; they won't come back when they're gone by the way. The world is terribly over-populated and its getting worse by the day. If you really want to slow global warming down, gas-powered cars have to be banned, factories worldwide have to adhere to environmental standards, energy has to be conserved and urban-sprawl has to be halted, and that's just the tip of the iceberg, pun intended. Basically, our grandparents and parents created this mess and we are continuing it, but it's not to late.

Taterbug

I think it's to late.   I have absolutely no scientific data to back that up.  Just a gut feeling.  People in Florida should invest in house boats.  

I suggest we all go out and refinance with a sub prime loans so you can owe more than your house is worth. Go out and buy Hummers.   Get as many credit cards as you can so you can  put your mortgages, property taxes and gasoline on them.   Then when the bills start rolling in , sorry... I'm not gonna fuckin pay you.  ADIOS SUCKA
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Jaimoe

QuoteI think it's to late.   I have absolutely no scientific data to back that up.  Just a gut feeling.  People in Florida should invest in house boats.  

I suggest we all go out and refinance with a sub prime loans so you can owe more than your house is worth. Go out and buy Hummers.   Get as many credit cards as you can so you can  put your mortgages, property taxes and gasoline on them.   Then when the bills start rolling in , sorry... I'm not gonna fuckin pay you.  ADIOS SUCKA

My gut agrees, but I don't want to start "freaking out".

BH

At least the cold war is over!  Oh wait........never mind.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

primushead

There was this movie...I forgot what it's called.  

It had Kurt Russell in it, and he was trying to 'escape' from somewhere.  

Anyway, it's not important, but at the end of this movie, he completely shuts down the world's power and then says, "Welcome to the human..."

the human...damn!  What is it?!

My point is, he shuts down all of the power on earth somehow, and then says a cool line.  Perhaps that's what we need.  

Kurt Russell needs to sabatoge all of the world's energy.  That would solve our climate crisis.

Taterbug

QuoteThere was this movie...I forgot what it's called.  

It had Kurt Russell in it, and he was trying to 'escape' from somewhere.  

Anyway, it's not important, but at the end of this movie, he completely shuts down the world's power and then says, "Welcome to the human..."

the human...damn!  What is it?!

My point is, he shuts down all of the power on earth somehow, and then says a cool line.  Perhaps that's what we need.  

Kurt Russell needs to sabatoge all of the world's energy.  That would solve our climate crisis.

Snake Quote   "  I shut down the third world, you win they lose. I shut down America, they win, you lose. The more things change, the more they stay the same.  "     I got it off IMDB  

I think Snake may need some help from Rambo or the 6 million dollar man.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

getinthevan

QuoteKurt Russell needs to sabatoge all of the world's energy.  That would solve our climate crisis.

I seem to recall the last time Kurt Russell was called on to do something.  He was supposed to fight the terrorists in Imaginationland but instead he got raped by Christmas Critters.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

ratchetisfake

man, the bigger they are, the harder they fall.
this ship is going down my friends, and what a long way down it is.
who fanned the fire that burned down the lake?

Crispy

The only thing Kurt Russell needs to get this world back on track is some Crumply Crunch cereal!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

upstatestruggler

[quote author]

Basically, our grandparents and parents created this mess and we are continuing it, but it's not to late. [/quote]

too heavy for the hippies

megalicious

i'm pretty sure that this guy is the harbinger of the apocalypse.

SAVE THE POLAR ICE CAPS:
SOMEONE PLEASE TELL HIM HE IS NOT FUNNY.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Kory

I think it all started with the space program. We'll find out later that the ozone is not a gas and everytime we put a ship out in orbit, we punctured a hole and it streched and got bigger and now we're fucked.

I'm fucking serious here!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

Taterbug

QuoteI think it all started with the space program. We'll find out later that the ozone is not a gas and everytime we put a ship out in orbit, we punctured a hole and it streched and got bigger and now we're fucked.

So your  basically saying we are encapsulated by a giant condom  :).
I think you may be on to something here.

ycartrob

QuoteI think it all started with the space program. We'll find out later that the ozone is not a gas and everytime we put a ship out in orbit, we punctured a hole and it streched and got bigger and now we're fucked.

can't we just tape it up? or would it hold staples?

primushead

Ok, in Asheville (and most of western North Carolina) we've been in a gas crisis for about a week now.

Stations don't have gas, and when a truck finally comes to fill one up, it gets taken up immediately.  I missed work today because I couldn't find gas.

Many places across the state are also having similiar problems.

I'm freaking out.

bowl of soup

QuoteOk, in Asheville (and most of western North Carolina) we've been in a gas crisis for about a week now.

Stations don't have gas, and when a truck finally comes to fill one up, it gets taken up immediately.  I missed work today because I couldn't find gas.

I'm freaking out.

I love Asheville.  Great place to get around on a bike; allthough very hilly.  Cool downtown - very walkable.  Perhaps a pedi-bike business would be a good idea at this point.  I was once charged $116 to go 7 blocks in Honolulu by a pedi-cab guy.

And yes, you should be freaking out.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Ellis D.

QuoteOk, in Asheville (and most of western North Carolina) we've been in a gas crisis for about a week now.

I'm freaking out.
I know it may be hard to avoid, but if possible try not to fill up when you see the tanker in the lot. A gas truck driver told me that alot of sediment is stirred up from the bottom as they fill the storage tanks.