Should we be freaking out?

Started by ycartrob, Sep 15, 2008, 01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

I mean,

-gas stations are out of gas (at least the one's that didn't raise their prices a dollar in 1 day)
-Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac get taken over by the gov't
-Lehman Brothers goes under
-Merrill Lynch bought out
-war in Iraq
-hurricanes
-presidential candidates arguing over "Lipstick on a pig" analogy
-Tom Brady out for the year
-Vanderbilt is 3-0 in football

I mean, WTF is going on here? Should I buy a gun?

Jaimoe

I think you should freak out, especially after listing the last two points before the gun question.

ManNamedTruth

You forgot about global warming and the glaciers melting.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ycartrob

QuoteYou forgot about global warming and the glaciers melting.

I don't fully buy into that one, especially since the planet has a  history of fluctuations in temperatures

Taterbug

Also forgot Lindsey Lohan is a lesbian.  Not that there is anything wrong with that  :)
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

TheBigChicken

That Merrill Lynch was a little scary... :-/
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

MMJ_fanatic

Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Taterbug

QuoteMAC 10s are nice I hear.

I prefer the AR-15.  It tends not to walk  as much on fully auto.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Jaimoe

I don't fully buy into that one, especially since the planet has a  history of fluctuations in temperatures

Just a question: What does humanity have to lose by conserving and trying to be more environmentally sound? Yes, the planet has a history of fluctuations, but why should we hurry this along instead of trying to slow it down? It's not really too comforting sitting here in Southern Ontario and knowing that the North Pole is melting at a rapid rate. 

Ellis D.

I am not freakin' at all as I was mentally prepared for all of this shit to go down twenty years ago.......

easy way

"It chills the body, but not the soul"...

"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

mjkoehler

I hear ya Tracy. End of Days brother.

aMillionDreams

QuoteI am not freakin' at all as I was mentally prepared for all of this shit to go down twenty years ago.......

I'm already trying to mentally prepare myself for the possibility of McCain getting elected.  I don't consider myself a Democrat and liked McCain before he sold his soul, but how could anybody say they want more of the same?
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

YouAre_GivenToFly

QuoteI am not freakin' at all as I was mentally prepared for all of this shit to go down twenty years ago.......

I'm already trying to mentally prepare myself for the possibility of McCain getting elected.  I don't consider myself a Democrat and liked McCain before he sold his soul, but how could anybody say they want more of the same?

More of the "same" might be better than the unknown. People say they want change, but we're human. We HATE change.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

ycartrob

Just a question: What does humanity have to lose by conserving and trying to be more environmentally sound? Yes, the planet has a history of fluctuations, but why should we hurry this along instead of trying to slow it down? It's not really too comforting sitting here in Southern Ontario and knowing that the North Pole is melting at a rapid rate. 

We have nothing to lose by conserving and trying to be more environmentally sound. I'm onboard

getinthevan

We have nothing to lose by conserving and trying to be more environmentally sound. I'm onboard

I'm going to agree that we have nothing to lose by conserving and being more "green" but I'm against this idea that we have solely caused "global warming".  The Earth goes through natural cycles and we've undoubtedly altered those cycles.  But if anything, we've slowed the whole process down.  Nobody wants to see it change because change is scary.  Has anyone considered that fact that maybe its supposed to change?
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Penny Lane

nah, don't panic--it's survival of the fittest as far as the investment banks--the good ones (BOA, JP morgan) survived--gas if finally costing what it's always been worth--the war is winding down in Iraq, (however it IS escalating in afghanistan--and we also need to heavily watch pakistan) hmmmm maybe you're right--then again--not sure you should pack it in and buy a gun because statistically, you will probably end up hurting yourself or someone you love--this is a cunundrum, tracy---

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ycartrob

Quotenah, don't panic--it's survival of the fittest as far as the investment banks--the good ones (BOA, JP morgan) survived--gas if finally costing what it's always been worth--the war is winding down in Iraq, (however it IS escalating in afghanistan--and we also need to heavily watch pakistan) hmmmm maybe you're right--then again--not sure you should pack it in and buy a gun because statistically, you will probably end up hurting yourself or someone you love--this is a cunundrum, tracy---

It could be worse, I could be an Ohio State fan   ;)

Penny Lane

Quotenah, don't panic--it's survival of the fittest as far as the investment banks--the good ones (BOA, JP morgan) survived--gas if finally costing what it's always been worth--the war is winding down in Iraq, (however it IS escalating in afghanistan--and we also need to heavily watch pakistan) hmmmm maybe you're right--then again--not sure you should pack it in and buy a gun because statistically, you will probably end up hurting yourself or someone you love--this is a cunundrum, tracy---

It could be worse, I could be an Ohio State fan   ;)

we'll get revenge next year, we've got the trojans at home (lol)! and yeah, the buckeyes and the browns-not a good weekend--no touchdowns at all.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ellis D.

More of the "same" might be better than the unknown. People say they want change, but we're human. We HATE change.
BULL! Change is good and I welcome it.