The Comics Thread !!!

Started by dragonboy, May 15, 2008, 11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

QuoteI am interested in 200AD. Gonna have to look into that.
I think it might be out of print but look out for this 2000AD/DC Judge Dredd/Batman crossover. Beautiful artwork by Simon Bisley again...

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

jeffro79

Never been much of a comics guy, but I did pick up Watchmen at the book store today. Seems like I've been meaning to get it for years, just never got around to it. Its one of three books named by writers/producers of Lost as an influence on the show. So my Lost obession lit a fire under my ass to get this and read it! I'll let you all what I think when I'm done.
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

mjkoehler

Good job jeffro. It's tremendous. Also, they have a movie coming.

Killgies

One of my fav comic's of all time!
"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

gundy

Hmmmm, so back in the day I got started with The Amazing Spider-Man w/ the Todd McFarlane art and then Uncanny X-Men towards the end of Silvestri's run and beginning of Jim Lee's. Did buy a couple of Batman issues but never really got into DC.

Artists I liked back then: Jim Lee, Marc Silvestri, Todd McFarlane, Whilce Portacio, Travis Charest, Michael Turner, Jason Scott Campbell, Joe Madureira, John Romita Jr.

Been collecting sporadically until about 2 yrs ago and have been following Uncanny X-Men and Amazing Spider-Man as a staple. Then I picked up The Immortal Iron Fist, Daredevil, Iron Man: Director of SHIELD, Capitan America and The New Avengers. Thanks to Marvel's storyline of Civil War, they got me back hook-line-sinker!

Artists I like now: Leinil Francis Yu, Chris Bachalo, David Aja,Steve Epting, Michael Lark, Carlo Pagulayan

Angry Ewok

QuoteAlso, this is on of the best stories ever printed. If you have never read the original Crow, do yourself a favor and get it. GET IT. The movie is really nothing like this and I love the movie.

I did some graphics work for James O'Barr back in the day, James sent me a whole bunch of goodies and a note and everything just as icing on the cake. The guy is very cool. I've got a print of his framed in my bedroom.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

mjkoehler

QuoteAlso, this is on of the best stories ever printed. If you have never read the original Crow, do yourself a favor and get it. GET IT. The movie is really nothing like this and I love the movie.

I did some graphics work for James O'Barr back in the day, James sent me a whole bunch of goodies and a note and everything just as icing on the cake. The guy is very cool. I've got a print of his framed in my bedroom.
Wow. I would of probably creamed myself. He seems pretty cool from what I've seen in interviews.

jeffro79

Finnished Watchmen and it was really amazing. Kinda pissed it took me so long to read it. Is there anything similar I should check out?
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

jeffro79

QuoteGood job jeffro. It's tremendous. Also, they have a movie coming.
Whose is invovled in the making of the movie MJ? I really hope whoever it is they dont fuck it up royally.

mjkoehler

Whose is invovled in the making of the movie MJ? I really hope whoever it is they dont fuck it up royally.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409459/

I really hope this one doesn't get messed up either.

jeffro79

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409459/

I really hope this one doesn't get messed up either.
Lookin interesting! Rorschach is lookin like a total BAMF. Would have loved to see a pic of Dr. Manhattan. Not so sure about Billy Crudup playing him either, whenever I see him all I ever think is "I'm a golden god!"

red

Finally started Watchmen yesterday.  I'm only a few chapters deep, but already in awe.  

mjkoehler

QuoteFinally started Watchmen yesterday.  I'm only a few chapters deep, but already in awe.  
yep. All Im gonna say

dragonboy

I have high hopes for Watchmen the movie but it worries to think just how shit 300 was...man, I couldn't even bring myself to finish watching that crap for free on the airplane!!!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

FACE

Who's read Cerebus? (Dave Sim)
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7204/picture1fy6.png

SIX thousand pages

Who's read Daniel Clowes? Chris Ware?

red

QuoteWho's read Daniel Clowes?
I'm a Daniel Clowes lunatic.  Ice Haven is one of my favourite things ever!  

FACE

what about like a velvet glove cast in iron?
oh man totally weird. i don't even know what i read.
ice haven i have but have not had enough time to enjoy.
so, soon.

MMJ_fanatic

Cut my teeth on classic Stan Lee and Jacky Kirby creations.  They will always be kings in my mind.  I miss my shopping bags full of their art that I mistakenly sold off years ago :(.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

bearass

has anyone read the freddy vs jason vs ash?