NFL predictions?

Started by johnconaway, Jan 07, 2005, 10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

Could you say "Let's go Indy, let's go!  (clap, clap) Let's go Indy, let's go! (clap, clap)?"  Or is that only other sports.  Or only in Canada?  

p.s.  I say that based on the ONE football (CFL Argos) game I ever went to, and that was in 1984.  ha!

SMc55

Thanks, jellyfish   :)

Jellyfish

Your Colts won big...........they play the Patriots next week. ;)
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

The Boar

Oh yes, EC, you can definitely do that. And doctorinthehouse, you can basically cheer anything you like as long as it involves:

1) Heckling the referees/the other team's fans.
2) Imbibing lots of potable liquids.
3) Screaming loud obscenities and spilling/throwing said liquids.
4) Yelling like a banshee until you're hoarse.

Football (however you define it) is a great sport!  ;D

wordawg

QuoteYour Colts won big...........they play the Patriots next week. ;)

Thanks for that J.
Are the Patriots any good?
the future is Ginger

Jellyfish

QuoteAre the Patriots any good?

Yes,they are very good,it will be a test for the Colts.If they can beat the Patriots,they could go all the way to the superbowl.

I will be pulling for the Colts,but I think the Patriots will win.

SMc55

peanut butter puddin surprise

Did Denver even show up this weekend?  Sheesh...San Diego went down in flames, the Packers got beat by the Vikings...What's next, an upset of the Rams over the Eagles?  ???
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

SmoothOprtr

I can tell you who won't win this coming weekend- The Colts.
Payton Manning hasn't won a significant game since at least high school.  He has choked in every big game versus a top opponent he's played, both at the University of Tennessee and Indy.  Denver was a weak opponent, but NE will be showing up.
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

Soul_Shakedown

Manning all the way!!!!!!!!!

SMc55

QuoteYour Colts won big...........they play the Patriots next week. ;)

Now the Patriots made me think "New England". I don't know why, but when I checked I found I was right. Now I'm going to look up some American history. I like this  :D

Go Payton Manning!

dogandponyshow

Holgrem should get fired or you know Shaun Alexander isn't coming back.  I don't doubt that Walter Jones and Ken Lucas want to be back either.  Hassleback porbably will be back but he was average this year and really don't thikn that he will be that highly pursued.  Once again, Holgrem can't figure it out.  Feel badly for the Chargers and that rookie kicker is going to be drunk for a month straight.

D.

peanut butter puddin surprise

don't write off the Chargers for next year though...I think Brees made fools of those who chose over him.

also, I think Indy's going to have the floor wiped with itself by NE...to echo the above poster, I haven't seen Payton win a big, BIG game yet.  Tom Brady's had more playoff games in his sleep than this guy.

The Jets are getting their ass kicked AGAIN by Pittsburgh...so we're back to NE/Pitts in the AFC title game (again).

I see a Philly/Atlanta showdown in the NFC, but I don't have a high opinion of either team...go Stiilers! (ya gotta be from Pittsburgh to get that joke)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

wordawg

QuoteHolgrem should get fired or you know Shaun Alexander isn't coming back.  I don't doubt that Walter Jones and Ken Lucas want to be back either.  Hassleback porbably will be back but he was average this year and really don't thikn that he will be that highly pursued.  Once again, Holgrem can't figure it out.  Feel badly for the Chargers and that rookie kicker is going to be drunk for a month straight.

D.

Is it important that I don't understand any of this?
No?

Ok, 'Kill them bastards, Colts'

Words
the future is Ginger

SmoothOprtr

Seattle will franchise either Walter Jones or Shaun Alexander, meaning one of them will for sure be back.  They likely won't keep the other and regardless it likely won't save Holegram's job.
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

dogandponyshow

I hope not....time for a change.

D.

Jellyfish

Greggy,Dog and pony was talking about the coach for the Seattle Seahawks,Mike Holgrem...they had the game won saturday and their field goal kicker missed an easy field goal.

To be fair to Peyton Manning,I don't think the Colts have had as good a team as needed to be in the playoffs.Lack of defense,no offensive line and only one good receiver has kept the Colts from winning the big game,it's not all Peyton's fault.But they have another chance next week.

Jellyfish

Jets 17 Steelers 20

Geez.....the Jets really blew that game last night,had two chances to win it.The Steelers will play the winner of the Colts/Patriots game.

Falcons 47  Rams 17

The Falcons looked awesome last night,got that running game going,along with Michael Vick running and passing,they might have something for the winner of the Eagles/Vikings game.

antoniostrohs

Steelers over the Jets 20-17 in OT.Hope Mr.Conaway survived the big game Saturday.Maybe luck is on the Steelers side this year.Roethlisberger finally looked like a rookie after playing so great the whole season.Bettis fumbles for the first time all year.Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good and it looks like the Steel Curtain are both this year.The Terrible Towel is back!

SmoothOprtr

Like I said, Payton Manning sucks.