NFL predictions?

Started by johnconaway, Jan 07, 2005, 10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

QuoteLike I said, Payton Manning sucks.

I've only got one response for this...........................................................................................

There's Still Time.........

SmoothOprtr

LOL

Look, this guy have never won one big game. He lost them all in college and left with no national championships and now has a 3-6 playoff record as a pro.  The three wins came this year against Denver and last year against Denver and KC which were all very winnable games.  As soon as he has to beat an opponent who might cause him some difficulty he chokes.  
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

sweatboard

Don't hate.
I'm a graduate of the University of Tennessee and I can tell you that he did win plenty of big games.  Just because he left without a National Championship doesn't mean he sucks or can't win a big game.  It's takes a team to win a championship.  Tee Martin won a National Championship and you can see where that got him in the NFL.  Peyton is an outstanding Quarterback and an even better person.  New England was the better team, end of story.
There's Still Time.........

SMc55

Quote Peyton is an outstanding Quarterback and an even better person.  New England was the better team, end of story.
Will he transfer to another team, do you think?

Jellyfish

QuoteIt's takes a team to win a championship.

Exactly.Peyton is the best QB in the league,that doesn't mean he is on the best team.Any team in the NFL would shell out the big bucks for this guy,one bad game doesn't destroy all his accomplishments.

Next weeks games,my predictions:
Patroits 24...Steelers 10(Sorry John,but Pittsburgh didn't really look good saturday against the Jets)
Falcons 28....Eagles 14
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

MMJ_fanatic

Hey y'all how about some overdue props for my Patriots?!?  All week long it was Peyton Manning this and Indianapolis that well now thay have a few months to redraw their gameplan  ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Ian_Alan

Yeah, gotta agree with ya there, New Englands turn one more time.

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteHey y'all how about some overdue props for my Patriots?!?  All week long it was Peyton Manning this and Indianapolis that well now thay have a few months to redraw their gameplan  ;)

Anyone who has played inside and claims so much dominance just isn't playing in reality, IMHO.  Like baseball, each stadium has its own quirks, and most are outside (correct me if I'm wrong here).  Sure is easy to win games inside, when the temp and weather are controlled.  How easy is it to win when its 10?  or snowing?  or raining?  

that's the main thing that bothered me about indy.  49 td's don't mean shit if you can't win in the cold.

now, the steelers of course can play outside, but WTF was the jets game??  what a mess.  they don't deserve to play this coming weekend, but they will.

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

dogandponyshow

Steelers got damn lucky and am hoping that Bene will re-group and make it happen this weekend.  We all knew the Colts were going to choke one more time.  Hoping that Atlanta shows up so that the Eagles lose for the 4th time in a row and TO does not make it to the big show.

D.

SmoothOprtr

It's impossible to ignore Manning's big game history.  Tom Brady has never been considered half as skilled, has weak WRs, TEs, Oline, and till this year RBs.  Yet he's on the verge of his third Superbowl in 4 years while Manning has an awful record in the playoffs, and couldn't beat Florida in college.  While I agree 100% with your statements about team play, the whole world sucks this guys dick every time he calls an audible, every time he throws a TD, every time the Colts win, etc... therefore, it's only fair that he take the brunt of the blame when they lose.  With a severly weakened Pats defense, the regular season best QB and offense couldn't put up more than 3 points (and that drive Manning hit a Pats defender in the hands and was lucky to walk away with three).
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

yup, the fan worship of manning is a bit too much.  i just don't get it, amazing numbers but no amazing super bowl rings.  

I can see the headline now...

"is Peyton Manning to quarterback as OJ Simpson is to running back?"

The_Link

Sorry to say, and I do not mean to count them out like many did the Patriots, but I cannot see the Steelers winning after that game against the Jets.  And, the Pats making a statment against the Colts.  I would say, that the Steeelers are the closest thing to a team in the NFL after the Pats and deserve to playing for the championship.  Again, the NFC is weak in this regard, and the Falcons will have no chance to beat either team after beating the Eagles this week.  Yes, I am taking the falcons over the Eagles.  It will be close, but the Eagles offense is going to be held to only 14 points, and the Falcons are going to slip in a third touchdown in the 4th, and defeating the Eagles 21-7.  Pats win 24-10.
Superbowl Pats 17-10 over Atlanta

MMJ_fanatic

I can see the headline now...

"is Peyton Manning to quarterback as OJ Simpson is to running back?"

OUCH!  talk about a bitch slap!

Jellyfish

Superbowl prediction....Patriots 35...Eagles 24.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

yo, no bitch slap intended, just from a records standpoint, OJ had the Juice but no super bowl rings...like Sanders, Fouts, etc.

My Steelers looked pretty sad out there.  Ugh.  Better luck next time.

I see Philly giving NE a run for their money, but they looked pretty awesome this weekend.

MMJ_fanatic

NE was not going to allow Halloween II in Pittsburg ;)

pingybrown

WAY TO GO STEELERS!!!

I'm from New England...so let's go Pats!

MMJ_fanatic

yikes--what a honey ::)

ycartrob