THE CLEANER-airs tonight-shameless plug

Started by ms_yvon, Jul 15, 2008, 03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEO

Was it the 6 rotating panels going from character portrait to pill popping at home sequence? If so, that was really cool. I also liked the part where I believe she was searching for pills at home and the image jumped back and forth between the left and right of the screen.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

BH

I watched the first episode last night.  I liked it.  Will definately keep watching.  It was a real tear jerker at the end.  Wow. :'(
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ms. yvon

QuoteWas it the 6 rotating panels going from character portrait to pill popping at home sequence? If so, that was really cool.

it was!

we had the east-coast broadcast feed on the tv in the office friday evening.  after that sequence aired i turned to face the rest of the edit. staff and took a deep bow.   ;D

bh-glad you liked it!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

TEO

The 4 panel clockwise moving snorting sequence was really cool. I will have to admit I have never paid so much attention to scene editing and it has given me a new and fresh perspective that I am really enjoying. The wife is getting hooked on the show as well.

crazylove

Ms-Y,

My daughter told me about this show a couple of weeks ago.  I have seen the last 2 episodes and also loved them!  Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon this thread and found out that you worked on it.  Awesome.
Great work.  And how hot is Benjamin Bratt?!   Whew, he is so great in this role.  And did I mention "HOT"?  Congrats, lucky, talented girl.
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

ms. yvon

thanks for the good words!

we're airing again tuesday night.  here's the funny part:  i'm not sure which episode is airing.  there have been some scheduling changes b/c the olympics are airing on another network.

it will suprise us all!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

TEO

I checked last evening and it looked like 3 repeats.

BH

I'm halfway thru episode three and hooked!

However, I am going to be a bit bummed when we get to the episode entitled, "The Wino Engineer".
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

By the way, I heard some Black Mountain in Ep. 3!  Sweet.

ms. yvon

QuoteI'm halfway thru episode three and hooked!

However, I am going to be a bit bummed when we get to the episode entitled, "The Wino Engineer".
;D ;D ;D

TEO

Did they shoot that in St. Charles?   ;) ;D

BH

Did they shoot that in St. Charles?   ;) ;D

Yes, and my best friend is the one that turned me in to The Cleaner just so he could pretend like he was helping by "taking all of the wine out of my house."

ms. yvon

BH

Quotebrilliant! ;D

Ms. Y, you probably are not in charge of the music selection but I think 20-25 seconds of Highly Suspicious would be perfect for a scene involving the police, a knock on a door, and some frantic flushing of evidence down the toilet.  Great idea right?  You don't even have to put my name in the credits, it's totally gratis.

Hiighheeeeee!

mjkoehler

Quotebrilliant! ;D

Ms. Y, you probably are not in charge of the music selection but I think 20-25 seconds of Highly Suspicious would be perfect for a scene involving the police, a knock on a door, and some frantic flushing of evidence down the toilet.  Great idea right?  You don't even have to put my name in the credits, it's totally gratis.

Hiighheeeeee!
Uhhhh, you speak of a man of experience?  :-X

"Dave's not here."

MarkW

Uhhhh, you speak of a man of experience?  :-X

"Dave's not here."

BH is a man of experience.  I know his mate Gary, who said:

Caught by the fuzz
Well I was, still on a buzz
In the back of the van
With my head in my hands
Just like a bad dream
I was only 15

If only my brother could be here now
Hed get me out he'd sort me out alright
I knew I should have stayed at home tonight

Locked in the cell, feeling unwell
I talked to a man,
He said its better to tell
Who sold you the blow,
Well it was no one I know

If only you'd tell us wed' let you go
We'll make it up for you my son,
So tell us what you know,
Well make you wish you'd stayed at home tonight

Here comes my mum, well she,
She knows what Ive done
Just tell them the true,
You know where he's from,
You've blackened our name,
Well you, you should be ashamed

If only your father could see you now,
He'd breakdown and he'd throw you out for sure,
I never should have let you out tonight

:D
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjkoehler

ms. yvon

Quotebrilliant! ;D

Hiighheeeeee!
NOTED!

i do put in some music that is only temporary--it gets replaced with stuff we can afford to license.  every once in awhile a song will stick and the show will buy it for air.

for the record:  it's tough to track with mmj.  this is the third series i've worked on that i've tried to use their songs.   ;D

BH

Kick ass ending to "Chaos Theory" episode with the Band of Horses.  That was intense.  Perfect mood song for that scene.  This show is really growing on me.

I always loved Grace Park from Battlestar Gallactica so more of her is definately a good thing.   For example, here is two of her.

Ellis D.

Great episode this week. Athlete, father in denial etc. The "nodding" scenes were especially authentic in that as fifteen year olds we were privileged to witness the local fauna at the pool hall in our town go through all of the phases. Nice pic. BH as I did not even know who she was.