Do You Believe In Gosh?

Started by joey_rogo, Sep 04, 2008, 08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey_rogo

Mitch Hedberg's 3rd album is to be released on Sept 9th!  8-) :D :'(

YouAre_GivenToFly

Loved his stuff. Can't wait to hear it.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

DavidCrosby

...my friend met him one time and he got his autograph but he didn't really sign the picture he had of him, instead he just wrote "coupons rock"...classic...
listen to vinyl

ManNamedTruth

I might have to get this. I have Mitch All Together and its great, in fact I think its my only comedy CD I ever bought. I didn't hear the news of him dying until much later and was pretty bummed about that. RIP :'(
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ycartrob

I posted this here nearly 3 years ago:

My niece and I were talking about 4 or 5 years ago (she was 15 at the time) and she was telling me she was sad. She said that the only thing that would make her happy was thinking about Mitch Hedberg. I did not know she knew who Mitch was, so we shared our favorite Mitch lines. She said she could be in Algebra class, all bummed out and she'd think about something Mitch would say and she'd smile.

So,

since I'm the best uncle ever, I e-mailed Mitch and told him this story. I included my niece's home address and phone number, just in case he wanted to drop her a line.

then,

about 3 weeks later I got this crazed call from my niece, saying she appreciated me sending her the Mitch CD and faking his signature and all. I told her the story about me writing Mitch and that he must have mailed it to her b/c him and I were the only ones who knew about it and I did not mail it to her. He wrote her a note that said something like "try to be happy" or something. She was floored! As was I.

That summer, I took her to Boston and Maine (my old stomping grounds) and on the way back we saw Mitch at a comedy club in DC(they let her in, even though she was 16). She got her picture taken with Mitch after the show and he said he remembered sending her the CD b/c he did not send people free stuff.

Anyways, I could talk about Mitch for days. Wish he was around to explain why we're having all these hurricanes...

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

joey_rogo

Tracy, that story is awesome. Puts a smile on my face. Mitch was such a good guy.

And I am currently laughing my ass off at this cd. Everyone should go get it.

red

Listened to this on the weekend, absolutely hilarious.  I'm still laughing to myself over the Medusa joke.