McCain Volunteer Attacked - it was a HOAX!!

Started by capt._headdy, Oct 23, 2008, 08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_594853.html

A knife-wielding man robbed a McCain-Palin campaign volunteer and etched a "B" into her face after he saw a McCain bumper sticker on the woman's car, Pittsburgh police said.

Ashley Todd, 20, of College Station, Texas, was using an ATM at Liberty Avenue and Pearl Street in Bloomfield just before 9 p.m. Wednesday when a man approached her, put a knife to her throat and demanded $60, police said.

Todd handed the man $60 she had in her pocket and stepped away from him, investigators said. The man then noticed the bumper sticker on the woman's car, which was parked in front of the ATM. The man became very angry, made comments to Todd about John McCain and punched her in the back of the head, knocking her to the ground, police said.

"He continued to kick and punch her repeatedly and said he would teach her a lesson for supporting John McCain," said police Chief Nate Harper.

The man then carved the "B" into Todd's right cheek. Todd, who isn't familiar with the area, drove to a friend's house nearby and told her friend she wasn't sure of the exact location where the robbery took place but remembered a green sign above the ATM. The friend called police and the officer met them on Cypress Street in Bloomfield, police said.

Todd's friend offered to drive her back in the direction she came from to look at ATMs until she found the right one, police said. A police officer followed until Todd pointed out a Citizens Bank ATM at Liberty and Pearl, police said.

She declined medical treatment at the scene and said she would go to a hospital today.

Todd declined to comment.

"She is a volunteer for the McCain-Palin campaign," said campaign spokesman Peter Feldman. "Sen. McCain has reached out to her via telephone and has spoken to her and her family," as has McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Feldman said. "Out of respect for her privacy we're not going to comment further."

Democrat Barack Obama's campaign released a statement saying: "Our thoughts and prayers are with the young woman for her to make a speedy recovery, and we hope that the person who perpetrated this crime is swiftly apprehended and brought to justice."

Police described the suspect as black, about 6-foot-4, and said he was wearing dark-colored jeans and a black undershirt.

The ATM has a security camera and investigators are trying to watch the video, police said.
------------------------------------------------------------

Now proven to be a hoax, see below.

Hah, what Republicans will do
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

BH

What is the "B" for?

I can't imagine this would change someones vote but I guess nothing would surprise me these days.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

capt. scotty

QuoteWhat is the "B" for?

I can't imagine this would change someones vote but I guess nothing would surprise me these days.

They havent said, and who knows

I think the best guess is either "Barack" or "Bush", are maybe he was going to go for "B!tch" but left early.

Obviously this guy had to be on something to rob this girl at only 9 PM, and Im familiar with this area and am surprised no one saw this happen/stopped it.

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

CTdeadhead

this doesn't pass the smell test, I am sure it will be rebunked shortly as a desperate, "Obama is an Arab" type BS fabrication.  

capt. scotty

Quotethis doesn't pass the smell test, I am sure it will be rebunked shortly as a desperate, "Obama is an Arab" type BS fabrication.  

Thats what I thought earlier when it was only on one somewhat obscure newsite, but this is 1 of the 2 main newspapers of Pittsburgh

Unless this girl's story gets proved wrong or something by an eyewitness, Im not sure how her claimed would be changed

ALSO: There a pic on the link I left, so its hard to not believe it

CTdeadhead

Quotethis doesn't pass the smell test, I am sure it will be rebunked shortly as a desperate, "Obama is an Arab" type BS fabrication.  

Thats what I thought earlier when it was only on one somewhat obscure newsite, but this is 1 of the 2 main newspapers of Pittsburgh

Unless this girl's story gets proved wrong or something by an eyewitness, Im not sure how her claimed would be changed

ALSO: There a pic on the link I left, so its hard to not believe it
It was G. Gordon Liddy playing dirty tricks I tell you!

Taterbug

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

searchinbig

Politics bring out the best in people.

What a sick pup.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

searchinbig

QuoteShe made up the story.  

Yupper.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081024/ap_on_re_us/attack_mccain_sticker

Hey..that camera looks like the eye MMJ uses on EU tour.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Angry Ewok

Anyone else get the feeling media groups are dueling back and forth with these hate crime stories? Journalism.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

capt. scotty

Just coming here to say that. I thought the 'carving' looked a little not too bad, like, she did it to herself.

Hah...this election is driving people crazy  ;D ;D ;D

OBAMA '08

BH

"Wait a minute, the "B" wasn't backwards when I carved it into my face as I was looking in the mirror" :-/

What an idiot.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

MMJ_fanatic

Public school grad no doubt :o

I do wonder how she managed to get so banged up.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Taterbug

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Angry Ewok

Tennessee Vol's fan. Should have known.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.