Beard Heroes

Started by eiseyrokker, Oct 19, 2008, 03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

So I sort of got this going in the Memberpics arena, but I think I don't want to clutter it up too much in there and everyone needs an outlet to vent their favorite beardage. So here we go!

My current inspiration comes from rolling my own:

Le Zouave is just too damn artsy, is he not? That moustache just screams "Où est mon pinceau, Guillaume?"

I've also recently fallen in love with www.beards.org -- Weird thing is, I'm actually friends with two completely unrelated people in the Featured Beards section of the website. One's name is Ken, the other is Keith. That site has inspired me to go for the Year Beard. At two months in and pretty well filled-in and girthy, I sure as hell don't see why not.

Here's a sample of Beards.org's beautiful work:

[text from the website]
[size=12]Cliff[/size]
Bearded since: 2006. I am a dedicated, permanent beard grower.

Comments:
I work in Antarctica as a seasonal weather observer and decided not to shave or trim the entire season.

How do I feel about my beard? I like it a lot. I'm definitely bearded for life.

Hopefully with enough momentum and documentation, I'll make it onto the site...
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

tenn

I ran across this guy's myspace the other day and thought of the beard love on the here. Maybe it can serve as inspiration.

more pics here if your feeling it:
http://www.myspace.com/williamfitzsimmons

tomEisenbraun

Haha, sweet Jesus, that's out of control. It kind of looks like a beehive hairdo for the chin...

dragonboy

QuoteI ran across this guy's myspace the other day and thought of the beard love on the here. Maybe it can serve as inspiration.

more pics here if your feeling it:
http://www.myspace.com/williamfitzsimmons
Ahhh the old 'grow a beard to distract from my thinning hair' trick  ;)

What a great website (beards.org) Hope to see your pic there sometime soon Tom!

Random quote from the site: "How do I feel about my beard? I love it. A lot. Shaving is bad."  ;D  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

tomEisenbraun

looks like he's let it fill out more toward the sides now, though. So that's good. Sucker must've gotten heavy.

When it stops moving with your head, it's a beard.

megalicious

dudes with beards > dudes without beards

maybe it's just me, but bearded dudes are far more attractive.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

tomEisenbraun

Quotedudes with beards > dudes without beards

maybe it's just me, but bearded dudes are far more attractive.

this might need your attention, then?
http://members.aol.com/beardguy/survfem1.htm

also, there wouldn't happen to be a few more of these like-minded individuals in the 20-22 year old age range who'd like a go at a "bearded dude," would there? I would be so lucky...

dragonboy

Quotethere wouldn't happen to be a few more of these like-minded individuals in the 20-22 year old age range who'd like a go at a "bearded dude," would there? I would be so lucky...
Keeping your age bracket pretty tight there Tom?!!

At your age you should be playing the field...something more like 18-39! I'm serious!!!  ;D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

tomEisenbraun

haha, maybe I'll up it to 25-ish? Seriously? You think I could wrangle in some 30-somethings, DeeBs?

Also, how could I have forgotten my main man, Neil Fallon?

dragonboy

Quotehaha, maybe I'll up it to 25-ish? Seriously? You think I could wrangle in some 30-somethings, DeeBs?
30 somethings have a lot to teach Tom  ;)

Just keep telling yourself You're So Money!!!

(NSFW)
[media]http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=qhmcJ7Zg5ko[/media]

dragonboy

& yeah sorry, no beards in that clip!  ;)

tomEisenbraun

Quotehaha, maybe I'll up it to 25-ish? Seriously? You think I could wrangle in some 30-somethings, DeeBs?
30 somethings have a lot to teach Tom  ;)

Just keep telling yourself You're So Money!!!

(NSFW)
[media]http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=qhmcJ7Zg5ko[/media]

Feist it is, then!

dragonboy

See that's what I'm talking about!!!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

dragonboy

But seriosuly...what about that frizzy-haired-freckly-girl that you & K have been fighting over? Playing the field is one thing but 2-timing is out of line!!!  >:(  ;)

*deeeeep sigh with a pounding heart* Ahh..freckles  :'(

mjkoehler

QuoteBut seriosuly...what about that frizzy-haired-freckly-girl that you & K have been fighting over? Playing the field is one thing but 2-timing is out of line!!!  >:(  ;)

We really must have been seperated at birth. I get the strangest looks when I say the same thing about freckles. Redhair and freckles are a major (MAJOR) weakness of mine.

To stay on topic I guess.....I'd love to grow my beard out but after about a month I look like the scary guy that sleeps and goes BM under the highway overpass. Also, at my age (mid 30's to not give it away), it's more white then anything.  :-[

Penny Lane

QuoteBut seriosuly...what about that frizzy-haired-freckly-girl that you & K have been fighting over? Playing the field is one thing but 2-timing is out of line!!!  >:(  ;)

We really must have been seperated at birth. I get the strangest looks when I say the same thing about freckles. Redhair and freckles are a major (MAJOR) weakness of mine.

To stay on topic I guess.....I'd love to grow my beard out but after about a month I look like the scary guy that sleeps and goes BM under the highway overpass. Also, at my age (mid 30's to not give it away), it's more white then anything.  :-[

i have a thing for redheads, too ;-) (i'm talking JJ here, not carrot top!)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjkoehler

Carrot Top = Bad
JJ = Great
Neko (duh) = phenomenal.

Penny Lane

QuoteCarrot Top = Bad
JJ = Great
Neko (duh) = phenomenal.

my friend named his daughter after her  :)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

CTdeadhead

The true Beard hero is Garcia.  Here, for you that are really bored, is an abridged version of the facial hair history of the Grateful Dead.  

http://www.mail-archive.com/deadlists@nemesis.cs.berkeley.edu/msg01847.html

Tree

Man, beards.org is an excellent site! Thanks for that!
I satarted growing a beard again...especially for the mmj show in November but nevermind. I'm feeling more comfortable with beard.

I like this dude's beard:

or this one: