Internet Radio Now!

Started by eiseyrokker, Oct 18, 2008, 11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

Hey guys! Forgot to tell you, but I'm guest DJing here in Athens at WUOG, 90.5. I've been on for an hour, just played some live Sooner and realized I forgot to tell everyone! Check it out at www.wuog.org, or 90.5 FM if you're in the Athens area -- hell, call us up if you're wanting to hear anything--chances are, I've got it....

Rock on! Hope you check it out!
Tom
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

tomEisenbraun

"I Will Sing You Songs" from Okonokos! On now!

ycartrob

I'll send you 5 bucks if you play Red Barchetta by RUSH

tomEisenbraun

Dammit, Tracy. I would, but I don't think I can give up "Night in White Satin" as the last song of the evening. It's just...perfect?

Dammit, dammit. Totally would've if I'd seen this ten minutes ago.

ycartrob

QuoteDammit, Tracy. I would, but I don't think I can give up "Night in White Satin" as the last song of the evening. It's just...perfect?

agree, good call

you got a voice for radio, for what it's worth

tomEisenbraun

QuoteDammit, Tracy. I would, but I don't think I can give up "Night in White Satin" as the last song of the evening. It's just...perfect?

agree, good call

you got a voice for radio, for what it's worth

Thanks!

How much of it did you catch, by the way?

dragonboy

Looks like I missed you Tom, what bad luck!

I'm trying to listen live now but there's no sound on RealPlayer  :-?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

tomEisenbraun

They don't have any DJs scheduled for tonight from midnight to 8am, so no luck there, Andrew. I did get a CDR of the first 80 minutes, though, so I'll tug that into the computer and put it on megafile or something if anyone wants to hear what went down?

Spun some vinyl for the show, too, which was nice. Ran M. Ward's "Helicopter", Fleet Foxes' "Blue Ridge Mountains", "Sooner" from AcousticitsuocA all in a row and then "I Will Sing You Songs" from Okonokos later on in the show. What a damn good two hours. I wish I could land a job DJing for a small station somewhere...

dragonboy

That's good to know, I thought maybe I was having problems with Realplayer.

I would def download the show of you put it up here  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

tomEisenbraun

Well then, I'll aim to get it up tomorrow for you!

tomEisenbraun

turns out my CDR didn't finalize correctly and it only plays in CD players and won't rip to the computer. Would you like me to make up a tracklisting from the disc so you can listen along? I could make an mp3 version of it and zip it, maybe?

dragonboy

Quoteturns out my CDR didn't finalize correctly and it only plays in CD players and won't rip to the computer. Would you like me to make up a tracklisting from the disc so you can listen along? I could make an mp3 version of it and zip it, maybe?
Sorry Tom, I missed this...anything you can do but don't go to too much trouble. I just thought it would be really great to have a recording of your show  :)

tomEisenbraun

Alrighty! Finally got the cd to work in my computer! Don't what did the magic, but it's up and working! It's a solid 40 minute track -- unfortunately my computer didn't like anything beyond M. Ward's "Helicopter", but at least here's a taste of the shindig!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hjg68a

I'll post the tracklisting when I've got a little time to listen front to back, but I think you'll appreciate how I kicked things off, Andrew...

tomEisenbraun

Oh shit, no wonder that's such a huge file. Looks like you guys need iTunes to listen to this sucker because I imported it using Apple Lossless? Let me know if you want me to change the format so you can hear it.

dragonboy

I'm downloading now! Does Window's Media player play Mp4s? I'm such a luddite  :-[

dragonboy

I don't have itunes on my PC...probably won't work then?

tomEisenbraun

On second thought, if it's labeled an mp4, it ought to.