Wrong City Shout Out by Artists Thread

Started by talleshortz, Dec 04, 2008, 01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

I went to see People Under the Stairs in Baltimore and one of the opening acts was Psalm One, a great female MC from Chi, who definitely came on stage and said "Wussup DC!???"

Dead silence....But she recovered well saying there's nothing she could do now but start rappin' ;D ;D ;D

Anyone else have examples of the classic movie scene we see everywhere but in real life?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

vespachick

When I saw The National at a very small venue (Berbati's Pan) Matt said "Hey, it's nice to be back in Seattle...."  But really, I think that was more of a dig at the hipster crowd more than him forgetting where he was.   ;D ;D
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ycartrob

sort of on topic?

When I saw Aerosmith in Jackson, Miss. way back in 1991, Steven Tyler referenced the Alamo Motel before they went into Love in an Elevator, when in all actuality:

A) The Alamo Motel was one floor

B) It had been overrun by prostitutes and pimps a while back and there was no way Aerosmith stayed there.

tomEisenbraun

Reminds me of Bonnaroo '06. I was sitting under a tree halfway between What Stage and Which Stage listening to Beck play his set on What. It was beautiful shade, the music was perfect, and I had just gotten smiled at by this gorgeous and stark naked brunette who was walking by (I must admit, I blushed a little, because she was, well, naked. And I was admittedly looking. But she was happy to be there and happy to be naked, so after my initial blush-attack, I realized "Hey, her life is great! Mine should be, too!" and got on with enjoying Beck. And the fact that I had seen my first real live completely unclothed woman. And she was beautiful, at that. Great smile, too. Ahh, 18...)

Anywho, Beck starts off into a beautiful rendition of "Golden Age" and put my head back and think that my life couldn't get much better at the moment when Cypress Hill decides that it definitely can. "Golden Age" is immediately drowned out with heavy bass thuds and repeated attacks of "Yo, Nashville! Make some fuckin' noise!" (Manchester, TN is about 60 miles outside of Nashville, mind you) and I was roused from beneath my tree to shadier, less intense climes as they launch into "Insane In The Membrane".

Seriously, could one not just yell, "Yo, Bonnaroo! Make some fuckin' noise!"? It'd be a bit more appropriate, though I did have to laugh at the fact that they totally screwed the intensity of the beginning of their set by getting the city wrong.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Everytime Pearl Jam plays in Camden, NJ (directly across the river from Philadelphia) Eddie Vedder always mentions that he isn't sure if they are in Philly or NJ. Its become something of a joke the past few years.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

kydiddle

QuoteReminds me of Bonnaroo '06. I was sitting under a tree halfway between What Stage and Which Stage listening to Beck play his set on What. It was beautiful shade, the music was perfect, and I had just gotten smiled at by this gorgeous and stark naked brunette who was walking by (I must admit, I blushed a little, because she was, well, naked. And I was admittedly looking. But she was happy to be there and happy to be naked, so after my initial blush-attack, I realized "Hey, her life is great! Mine should be, too!" and got on with enjoying Beck. And the fact that I had seen my first real live completely unclothed woman. And she was beautiful, at that. Great smile, too. Ahh, 18...)

Anywho, Beck starts off into a beautiful rendition of "Golden Age" and put my head back and think that my life couldn't get much better at the moment when Cypress Hill decides that it definitely can. "Golden Age" is immediately drowned out with heavy bass thuds and repeated attacks of "Yo, Nashville! Make some fuckin' noise!" (Manchester, TN is about 60 miles outside of Nashville, mind you) and I was roused from beneath my tree to shadier, less intense climes as they launch into "Insane In The Membrane".

Seriously, could one not just yell, "Yo, Bonnaroo! Make some fuckin' noise!"? It'd be a bit more appropriate, though I did have to laugh at the fact that they totally screwed the intensity of the beginning of their set by getting the city wrong.

First it was the Hey Dude references and now Cypress Hill. I can't take all these flashback inducers.

Nice story by the way. I remember the first time I saw a live naked woman. And man, too. I can say with all confidence in my straightness that seeing a naked woman is much better than a naked man.**

**98% of the time.
;)
Cow temperature.

tomEisenbraun

QuoteReminds me of Bonnaroo '06. I was sitting under a tree halfway between What Stage and Which Stage listening to Beck play his set on What. It was beautiful shade, the music was perfect, and I had just gotten smiled at by this gorgeous and stark naked brunette who was walking by (I must admit, I blushed a little, because she was, well, naked. And I was admittedly looking. But she was happy to be there and happy to be naked, so after my initial blush-attack, I realized "Hey, her life is great! Mine should be, too!" and got on with enjoying Beck. And the fact that I had seen my first real live completely unclothed woman. And she was beautiful, at that. Great smile, too. Ahh, 18...)

First it was the Hey Dude references and now Cypress Hill. I can't take all these flashback inducers.

Nice story by the way. I remember the first time I saw a live naked woman. And man, too. I can say with all confidence in my straightness that seeing a naked woman is much better than a naked man.**

**98% of the time.
;)

Haha, I'll agree and raise you another 2% on that figure ;)

But if we're talking about your two percent, does this one count as part of that number?

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Ghosts_on_TV

Prince played at the Wachovia Arena here in Wilkes-Barre and I believe the only thing he said all night was Hello Scranton and Thank You.
;D

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

kydiddle

**98% of the time.
;)

Haha, I'll agree and raise you another 2% on that figure ;)

But if we're talking about your two percent, does this one count as part of that number?

Holy crap. That body is the reason for the 2% margin.

You're psychic or something.

:-?
Cow temperature.

getinthevan

I saw the Decemberists at Michigan State and the first thing Colin says is its nice to be at the University of Michigan.  He quickly realized his mistake, said something about not having his head on straight and ended up joking about it all night.  

All 75 minutes they played.  >:(
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

tower

Ouch...that's a buzzkiller.  I went to MSU, bad mistake to make.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com