May Be a Shot in the Dark

Started by memphis2kentucky, Jun 07, 2008, 09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenny

i really don't want to get in the middle of this, but nobody did anything wrong. we're all trying to help and our intentions are all right... and i mean jaimoe's right, we shouldn't just go saying you have this and that 'cos who knows!? that can get scary and iknow if it was me, a raging hypochondriac, i would diagnose myself with everything from MS to mono to kidney failure. granted we're allowed to suggest. anyway, whatever. i'm just sayin'! no reason to jab at each other

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1209051761/15#15

feel better, mygeetah.

bowl of soup

MS is a weird and bumby road; my mother lived with it for close to 30 years before it had any profound impact on her, but when it came it came and it's been a very sad last few years.  I would never suggest that I have any sort of qualification to diagnose anyone with anything and I would never try to scare anyone.  Just sounded similar, thats all.  Get some help and get better.

I can't help taking swipes at Canada - forgive me.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Jaimoe

Why? I realize that Florida is over-run with Snowbirds - and you can keep them - but why the swipes? It's not as if you know much about the Great White North anyway - few Americans really do or care to for that matter. I've hardly been critical of the US, although I do think you need national medicare.  

tbw

Why? I realize that Florida is over-run with Snowbirds - and you can keep them - but why the swipes? It's not as if you know much about the Great White North anyway - few Americans really do or care to for that matter. I've hardly been critical of the US, although I do think you need national medicare.  

I care. I absolutely love your country! Some day, in the future, I hope to live there.

Jaimoe

I care. I absolutely love your country! Some day, in the future, I hope to live there.

Where do you want to live? West coast, the Praries, the Maritime Provinces, Ontario, Quebec... or are you a Yukon, Northwest Territory kind of gal?  

tbw

Probably Ontario, as this is the province that I have traveled to the most, although I have been to Quebec a few times. Someday I would like to take the train out West. I prefer the east coast of the U.S. so I am speculating that the same may be true with Canada (but really don't know since I have not been West of Windsor). Next year I will travel to Nova Scotia and I am thinking after that I will have a better idea as to a location. I do like Kingston for a small city atmosphere but love Toronto and Montreal as well.

In which province do you live?

Jaimoe

Probably Ontario, as this is the province that I have traveled to the most, although I have been to Quebec a few times. Someday I would like to take the train out West. I prefer the east coast of the U.S. so I am speculating that the same may be true with Canada (but really don't know since I have not been West of Windsor). Next year I will travel to Nova Scotia and I am thinking after that I will have a better idea as to a location. I do like Kingston for a small city atmosphere but love Toronto and Montreal as well. Where do you live?

I live in Riverdale, a neighbourhood in Toronto's east-core, commonly known as The Danforth (which is our massive Greektown). You'd like it here where I live for sure. It's extremely vibrant, although the house prices are high (as they are throughout the city).

BTW, I am a born and raised proud Kingstonian. I love my historic hometown, former capital of Canada and birthplace of hockey. I graduated from Queen's University too before I headed to Toronto for a broadcasting degree at Ryerson.

The Maritime provinces are beautiful. If you can find work in Newfoundland or Halifax, consider moving there.  When you go to Nova Scotia, you HAVE TO travel the Cabot Trail on Nova Scotia's Cape Breton Island. It's about as beautiful part of North America as it gets.

bowl of soup

I live in the Canadian Province of Florida.  I have many Canadian friends and we have great fun making fun of each other (best Canadian nickname for Americans - Upper Mexicans; hold on, I love Mexico and Mexicans too - this "be polite" thing is getting hard allready).

I actually know a good bit about your fair country and have been to most of the Provinces save P.E.I. and the prarie Provinces; hell, I've even been to the Yukon territory.  My undergrad degree is in international studies with a specialty in Inter-American relations and revolution (I wanted to be in the foreign service).

I think that you may be generally right that most Americans don't know much about Canada and that most Americans don't care.  The rest of the world thinks that they know everything about America and Americans because of our ability to export our culture like no other place in the world - and most of the rest of the world is wrong.

Wow, this is off topic.  I promise that we'll give the Stanley Cup back one day.

Jaimoe

Although Canadians know the most about America and American ways than all the world's countries combined. I'd even wager that some Canadians know more about your diverse country than many Americans do. As a Canadian, I find this fact sad and infuriating. Oh yeah, Florida is an easy target too ya know.

Fuck the Stanley Cup, let's talk baseball... although my Jays are soooo frustrating to watch.

bowl of soup

Ignorance is a universal sensation not unique to the USA.  My fine state is the punchline to many a joke, but I don't hate it as much as some.  I do hate 8 month summers though.  I love talking baseball for the first time in 10 years - I'm an original Rays fan.  I don't get the Jays, should be better with that staff, but the East is ugly hard.

Jaimoe

QuoteWe only care about countries we invade,  Oh wait .... no ... we still don't care.  If you guys have oil up there I would keep it a secret from Bush  ;).

Oil? We have lots and we are now a go-to oil country. Just google oil in Alberta or oil in Atlantic Canada. Bush knows about are oil since we export it to the US. He also knows about Canada's oil reserves in the Arctic too, hence the US nose in our Northwest Passage - fuck the international waters bullshit.

Jaimoe

QuoteI love talking baseball for the first time in 10 years - I'm an original Rays fan.  I don't get the Jays, should be better with that staff, but the East is ugly hard.

No one can understand why the Jays can't hit with runners in scoring position. They rank 22nd, but are among the top in every pitching category. Hell, Halladay has more complete games than the entire Major League staffs combined. If he had run support, he'd be the Allstar starter. He'll be there at the end of the year Cy Young wise.

I like the Devil Rays. I've seen them play many times live. I'm going to see them in July when they play the Jays.

tenn

TheRoof

Just an update to all of you who offered your insight and compassion:

I had an MRI last week and it showed I have an inflamed blood vessel on my 7th cranial nerve  (Cerebral Vasculitus) causing the dizziness, head pressure, fatigue, etc.

SOOOO....corticosteroids and anti-inflammatories are the first line of action and if that doesn't alleviate it then the much anticipated brain-surgery would be next.

I just want to thank you all again for your empathy and actually caring and offering your support.  It really did wonders for my morale and outlook!  God bless you all!!!
You Are Everything

getinthevan

QuoteJust an update to all of you who offered your insight and compassion:

I had an MRI last week and it showed I have an inflamed blood vessel on my 7th cranial nerve  (Cerebral Vasculitus) causing the dizziness, head pressure, fatigue, etc.

SOOOO....corticosteroids and anti-inflammatories are the first line of action and if that doesn't alleviate it then the much anticipated brain-surgery would be next.

I just want to thank you all again for your empathy and actually caring and offering your support.  It really did wonders for my morale and outlook!  God bless you all!!!

I wish you the best of luck.  I'm glad that you've found the source of your troubles and that you're headed down the path to recovery.  I'm also glad that we were able to help!  Keep us updated on your progress.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

capt. scotty

Best wishes

Hopefully it gets better before resorting to surgery
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons