Happy New Year

Started by ycartrob, Jan 01, 2009, 12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

mjkoehler

Happy New Year to you Tracy. May it be a good one. For you

BH

Happy New Years guys!  May 2009 rock even more than 2008.

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

librarian

QuoteHappy New Year to you Tracy. May it be a good one. For you

What in God's name are those? :o
Why's it so strange when they say that the world's movin' upwards?

mjkoehler

Barbecue pork ribs. One of the greatest foods known to mankind. Those appear to be either St Louis or KC style.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis-style_barbecue

ManNamedTruth

Barbecue pork ribs. One of the greatest foods known to mankind. Those appear to be either St Louis or KC style.

I wanted to take that one, but you were too quick. But here is this diagram anyway:

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

librarian

This place is doing wonders for my general knowledge. What a nice gift. I almost feel bad for not having brought something myself. I'm sure I could rustle... Yeah, here we go:

Or rather, here *you* go. :)

Probably ought to leave it cooling on the window for a while. Wouldn't want anyone to burn their tongue, now, would I?

librarian

I wanted to take that one, but you were too quick. But here is this diagram anyway:

Wow, the pig is a more complex creature than I ever could have imagined. Or rather, dreamed. A regular goldmine of cuts!

mjkoehler

Wow, the pig is a more complex creature than I ever could have imagined. Or rather, dreamed. A regular goldmine of cuts!
There is no more a noble a creature (or tasty either) then the pig!

librarian

The pig may well be noble, but "tasty" is not a word with which I would label it. I'm not a ham fan!

mjkoehler

Ham is a'ight. Bacon, pork chops, pork steaks, tenderloin, ribs, shoulder (Boston Butt), homemade sausage are all essentials in my diet.

Man, all this pork talk is making me hungry. We need a message board BBQ/Cookout

librarian

"Boston Butt", now there's an appetising name if e'er I heard one. :p

That's an excellent idea. We could go the whole hog (if you'll pardon the pun) and have a spit roast. With the obligatory apple in mouth, of course.

librarian

mjkoehler

Yes ma'am. The whole pig spit roast sounds glorious.

librarian

I think I'll play the "But I'm just a little lady" card and leave all the dirty work to you. I don't think I'd have the heart to jam a spear through an ickle piggy-wiggy, somehow.

mjkoehler

I actually butcher my own hog every year. In fact, I'll be doing that in the next 2 weeks.

librarian

Well then I guess it's a good thing you're in on the hog-fest. Heaven knows I'd make a butchery of it (oho).

mjkoehler

librarian

I'm certainly on fire this evening, anyway.

dragonboy

Happy New Year everyone!!!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hope you all had a good holiday...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.