Why I won't use iTunes to buy music

Started by el_chode, Jan 21, 2009, 03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatswhatshesaid

i had a similar problem with iTunes after christmas, however this isn't the first time it has happened to me, nor to myself alone. my brother has had a similar experience as well. anyway, i got a few gift cards as presents and downloaded TV on the Radio and Dick's Picks vol. 6 from the Grateful Dead. For some reason, they just "disappeared" from my music catalog with no warning after the download was completed. since iTunes' policy is that you are only entitled to one download per purchase, i questioned the honestly of their software. because this isn't the first time this has happened to me, i expressed my opinion that they are scamming customers who have downloaded their musical selections only to have them mysteriously disappear out of the iTunes folder. of course, iTunes can say, "you should have backed it up," and not have to worry about it. therefore the customer has to spend more money on buying the same download over again. after i mentioned this to them, they very promptly posted my purchases back to my account and i was able to re-download them. i know this is a bit of a conspiracy theory, but i found it interesting that they replaced the downloads as quickly as they did with no questions asked.

goose

QuoteI don't have any intention of ever buying anything from iTunes. I don't own an iPod, cellphone, blackberry etc...

I like albums in their physical form. Downloading can never give you the same intimate experience you have with an actual album, no matter how many virtual bells and whistles come with the download.

By not having a cellphone do you feel like technology will pass you by like my grandparents?  Not to say you are wrong, i just wanted to inquire.  do you work with comps alot?
Hooked on four like one, two, three