NCAA Football count down! (updated)

Started by ycartrob, Jun 15, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffro79

I think the mighty Buckeyes are mighty screwed.
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

ycartrob

Angry Ewok

Awesome game... Congrats to Vanderbilt! Did I hear correctly that this is the highest ranked team they've beat at home since 1932? No way.

So... what do ya'll think of Spurrier? Does he still "got it" or am I the only one who has wondered for a couple of years if maybe, just maybe, he's not really all that great of a coach anymore? South Carolina isn't that bad of a program, but I saw a total lack of discipline out there.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

primushead

Where's the Dark?  Isn't he a Clemson fan?  He should be celebrating all NIGHT!!!

Oh...right...tough break Dark.

bearass

i think miami is gonna upset the gators......just a thought

Angry Ewok

Very possible... but I'm picking Florida.

How cool would it be if Ole Miss won, this weekend?

bearass

dont know much about ole miss but vandy is probably overrated

totally ment wake sorry im an idiot

ycartrob

Wake Forest is favored by 7 over Ole Miss.
ABC game

capt. scotty

Quoteahem...

[size=20]Go BUCKEYES!!![/size]

I understand they have a lot to prove this year, but they have the perfect opportunity to do that against USC.  Old-time Rose Bowl Rival, should be a great game.  My buckeyes have a lot of naysayers these days but that'll just make victory that much more sweet.

FELLOW BUCKEYE!!? aMD? is it true?  yeah!!!! come back and we'll stand together ;-)

BH--not worried about Illinois and Wisky this year. in tressel we trust ;-)

Funny to see youre basically already conceding to USC a page back Penny. ya must really believe in the vest, huh? (ill give you 1 thing though, OSU selling vest T-shirts is pretty damn funny)

And how bout my Nittany Lions?! 66-10 in week 1. In my pick'em, I picked high score as Florida and low as Youngstown St, and my own team screwed me on that

Sucks that 'marijuana remnants' were found the homeplace of 3 PSU players - including star DE Maurice Evans - and theyre out this week, but we might as well just get to the conference schedule as far as im concerned (I know u OSU fans arent!). Well steamroll the Beavers this week

I agree with you on the Illini and Wisconsin though. I think Wisconsin is bigtime overrated, I expect them to end up up with 3-4 losses. I thought the same for Illinois, but they impressed me, esp Juice did, vs Mizzou. I figured losing Mendenhall, Leman, and others would really hurt, but based on that game, theyll def be in the top half of the conference.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ellis D.

TheBigChicken

QuoteBall State defeats Navy...
real nail biter ;D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Angry Ewok

I was bored... So here's my picks, this week...

#7 Ohio State over Ohio - Even though Buckeye fans have given up on the season for the next two weeks, over Beanie's big toe, I'll presume they can still handle their conference with relative ease.

#11 Wisconsin over Marshall - I'm rooting for Marshall to be the one to expose Wisconsin, but Marshall sucks... Maybe the reason the Badgers are going to be in the Top 10 next week is so that OSU gets a polls pad on the rebound from the apparent inevitable loss to USC?

#24 Illinois over Eastern Illi

#9 Auburn over Southern Miss - But keep an eye on this one, because I really like Southern Miss and I think they're good for an upset. The Barners always lose one they aren't supposed to...

#2 Georgia over Central Michigan High School

Ole Miss over #20 Wake Forest

#3 Oklahoma over Cinci - Should be a good game for you guys out there. Possible upset?

#19 Penn over Oregon State

#8 West Virginia over East Carolina

#5 Missouri over whatever high school they play

#14 Kansas over LATech

#15 Arizona State over Stanford

Georgia Tech over Boston College

...and the prediction you've all been waiting for...

[size=16]#13 Alabama over Tulane[/size]

p.s. I was 5 out of 7 (71%) in the predictions department, last week. Damned Tennessee and stupid me for picking Louisville over Kentucky.

TheBigChicken

Brad please tell me you don't own a checkered ball cap :-/

Crispy

Or a houndstooth ball cap for that matter...
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

BH

#5 Missouri over whatever high school they play

Oh no you dind ent.
;)

Our strength of schedule will be right up there with the best of them by the end of the year.  We just came off a huge rivalry game on a neutral field against a top 20 team.  Cut us some slack.  I don't see many top 25 teams playing anybody worth a shit this week.  Southeast Missouri are the REDHAWKS.  Pretty tough sounding name at least. :-/

Missouri 59  Semo 10
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

John, Crispy, friends; I do not own a houndstooth baseball cap. My dad wears one to the games, though, which is always hilarious to me because it's so unlike him. Then again, I wear polo shirts to all of the games, so that's sort of unlike me, too.

Now, I am a member of the Press Box Club at the Paul W. Bryant Museum... but at least my fanaticism is invested in a good cause and comes with a certificate and a membership package,  ;D. Anytime ya'll are in Tuscaloosa, you should check out the museum - it's a really cool place. Admission is cheap and the exhibits are cool - they've reproduced Coach Bryant's office, including the infamous couch and his original desk and all of that stuff. Naturally all of his rings and trophies are on display - there's even a Heisman trophy there (one of his Texas A&M players), which is kept in a corner in the lobby opposite of the exhibit wing.

So... today I find out how crappy my season tickets are. They've been shifted from the 25 yard line over to nearly the 5 yard line. That's a downgrade, but we're also going to be in very close proximity to the other team's band and section, again, which fucking sucks. Cannot wait for the stadium expansion.

Angry Ewok

#5 Missouri over whatever high school they play.

Oh no you dind ent.
;)

Our strength of schedule will be right up there with the best of them by the end of the year.  We just came off a huge rivalry game on a neutral field against a top 20 team.  Cut us some slack.  I don't see many top 25 teams playing anybody worth a shit this week.  Southeast Missouri are the REDHAWKS.  Pretty tough sounding name at least. :-/

Missouri 59  Semo 10

;D

Don't worry, I'm not dissin' ya'lls schedule... I've just never heard of the Southeastern Missouri High School Redhawks. You've got @ #10 Texas on your schedule, plus an over-rated but still pretty good #14 Kansas... and a regular diet of a rebuilding Nebraska and Oklahoma State (who has one of the hardest schedules this year, so I'm expecting they'll play up to competition).

QuoteTulane?  CUSA powerhouse?

As you all well know, Alabama made the cover of Sports Illustrated with the headline SEC BEWARE: ALABAMA SENDS AN EARLY WARNING, after handing the ACC Superhero #9 Clemson a step-child beating. I hereby predict that Alabama will once again be on the cover next week, after beating the undefeated Tulane Green Wave today. Cover will read...

NCAA BEWARE
A L A B A M A
DOES IT AGAIN

C-USA is a tough conference. Kudos to Coach Saban for scheduling these guys. I'm glad to see we're really giving the season ticket holders some awesome games. Next week it's Western Kentucky University Hilltoppers. Not sure what Sports Illustrated will have to say about that beating.

TheBigChicken

I know it's just the half but Ohio 7  Ohio State 6 ;D real POWERHOUSE