NCAA Football count down! (updated)

Started by ycartrob, Jun 15, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

Quote[size=18]Alabama is going 11-2. You heard it here first.[/size]
Who are the losses to....Is one of them to the Dawgs????

I was thinking about the Dogs, yesterday... of all of the teams out there, the one with the best chance of having a disappointing season is the Bulldogs... If they don't win the title, this will be considered a bad year by some. I love Richt, and the Dogs (except when we play them)... my partiality comes from being a Georgian native, though. I want to see them representing the SEC.

I think if this year was a really good one for us, we could win 8 or 9... I don't see us beating Georgia or LSU, and I'm expecting one ridiculous upset (probably Arkansas, or Tennessee).
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

TheBigChicken

I grew up in Athens. One thing is for sure.The Dawgs ALWAYS have a "stinker" game. I'm not going to elaborate.By stinker,I mean no national championships since 1980. The talent has been there....the coaching has SOMETIMES been there(see Ray Goff)....I just don't know. Do you think nowdays resident of the Classic City Tom E. could give us a Dawgs update...
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Angry Ewok

[size=16]The 2008-2009 Head Coach of the Year[/size]

(and National Champion)

TheBigChicken

STOP STOP STOP.....shit,things are going to get UGLY this year :-/

ycartrob

QuoteSTOP STOP STOP.....shit,things are going to get UGLY this year :-/

it got ugly last year?  hmmmm.....

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1188143163

BTW: I just wanted to remind everyone that [size=18]LSU beat Ohio State 38-24 in last year's BCS Title Game, once again showing the nation that the SEC is the most dominant conference in the land![/size]

bowl of soup

I had nothing to do with it.  I'm a HUGE BAMA fan.  I'll have no dog in this fight this year.  USF will surprise nobody and Maryland will be well, Maryland.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Killgies

Quote[size=16]The 2008-2009 Head Coach of the Year[/size]

(and National Champion)

Bama prob has 1 more year before Saban bails out on them. When he does you can have Fulmer. ;)

GO VOLS!

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

Tracy, don't you mean THE Ohio State.

ugh

I thought I forgot that whole fight.......

ycartrob

Penny Lane

should be on everyone's summer reading list!!!!

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

TheBigChicken

Quoteshould be on everyone's summer reading list!!!!

This is a joke right.....damn I can see the gloves coming off already >:(

ycartrob

Step 1 for being a winner:  Get a sweater vest

TheBigChicken

Step 2 : Quit getting the shit slapped out of you by SEC....

Angry Ewok

Step 3: Don't schedule USC.

Angry Ewok

So... who is the better team - Florida or Georgia?

ycartrob

QuoteSo... who is the better team - Florida or Georgia?

I think Georgia's year is 2009. I think their O line needs one more year. Of course, anything can happen, but I think Florida has a better year than Georgia this year. Georgia really should have lost to Vanderbilt last year, and Bama had their shot; I never believed Georgia was that good in the first place...

ycartrob

COUNTDOWN  UPDATE!!!   ERROR     ERROR
The NCAA 2008 College football season starts August 23rd with Fort Valley State at Valdosta State. I made an error in my calculations, fguring the season started August 28th with Vanderbilt  at Miami of Ohio.

So, let's do some quick math and come up with the new countdown, ok, carry the 1, add 4, total that out, and...............

PRESTO!

[size=20]5 WEEKS !!!     35 DAYS !!!![/size]

mjkoehler

I thought the eyes were the first thing to go old man!!!

GO HUSKERS!