The Number Connection

Started by Soulshine, Feb 25, 2009, 01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

QuoteWhen I was young I would wig out ocd-style on even numbers.  For instance, if I stepped on a crack with my left foot I would then have to step on two cracks with my right foot and one more with my left so that the pattern was L-R-R-L.  If I happened to step on two cracks in a row with my left I would then have to go LLRRRRLL in order to be "even". To complicate matters if I step on a crack with my right foot, I'd have to go RLLR LRRL to be "even"  And that's just stepping on cracks.  I also did this for scratching an itch, tapping my feet, rubbing my fingers together. Crazy shit.  I broke myself of it when I was around 11 or 12 I think.

I have had this for years.. That's crazy i'm not the only one.. If i speak I try to use even.. I even do the left to right thing.. Gotta finish everything on my right.. When i was young i would do it constantly.. now it comes and goes because how much it bothers me... But my lucky # is 54 btw...

capt. scotty

If you havent seen that Jim Carrey movie The Number 23 you should check it out. Its pretty good/crazy/cool
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

QuoteDamn guys. I've always been a numbers person, but I've never had such an affinity for any single one. My tendencies come out as a function of patterns of numbers. My parents would always geek out about odometer oddities and really anything like that, and I've always sort of been on the prowl 'decoding' any sequences I run into. I think 7's are sort of special, just because it seems like they don't turn up as much as I'd like, and I think they can look a little bit regal, too...

This is much of the reason why my first child's name will be Seven.

Its a beautiful name for a boy or a girl. Especially a girl...or a boy
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Janet

I'm just sayin'...The School House Rocks Rocks! CD - Blind Melon - Three, it's a magic number..  

It'll make you a believer....

[smiley=wink.gif]

Ghostess on TV

QuoteIf you havent seen that Jim Carrey movie The Number 23 you should check it out. Its pretty good/crazy/cool

I thought this movie was horrible.  I would not recommend it to anyone.  Haha.. sorry.. although it does pertain to what you're all talking about.

capt. scotty

QuoteIf you havent seen that Jim Carrey movie The Number 23 you should check it out. Its pretty good/crazy/cool

I thought this movie was horrible.  I would not recommend it to anyone.  Haha.. sorry.. although it does pertain to what you're all talking about.

I liked it

:kicksrock:

Love Dogg

QuoteWhen I was young I would wig out ocd-style on even numbers.  For instance, if I stepped on a crack with my left foot I would then have to step on two cracks with my right foot and one more with my left so that the pattern was L-R-R-L.  If I happened to step on two cracks in a row with my left I would then have to go LLRRRRLL in order to be "even". To complicate matters if I step on a crack with my right foot, I'd have to go RLLR LRRL to be "even"  And that's just stepping on cracks.  I also did this for scratching an itch, tapping my feet, rubbing my fingers together. Crazy shit.  I broke myself of it when I was around 11 or 12 I think.

Seems to be a symmetry...or a balance thing.  I always did that with telephone poles while riding in a car.  I would "acknowledge" them with my ears and really start to get uneasy if there were more on one side than the other.  Can you imagine how exhausting that would be? :-/

"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."