The Number Connection

Started by Soulshine, Feb 25, 2009, 01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulshine

Ever since I was a little kid, I always felt a very strong connection to the number 27. As a child, I never knew why I felt this connection, I just did. I still don't know what it means, but I'm aware of its presence. When I was in college I had a conversation with a friend of mine about it and he told me (without knowing what my number was) that he always had it too and it happened to be with the number 27 as well. He is the first and only person I've ever had a conversation about this topic with. When I first came here looking around I noticed the whole topic with JJ referring to the number 34. I wonder if this is a number he has felt a connection to since he was a kid like my friend and I? I don't expect anyone here to speculate on what they think the answers to my curious musings are....What I do wonder is if any of you have experienced this number connection in your lives?
Because we're all in this together...

ycartrob

4 and 16. Actually, any variables of 4.

I was 44 last year, so that was big. Some big movement in my life happened.

4, it's a magical number.

megalicious

i have this thing about odd numbers. i feel like they are bad luck, and usually try to avoid them.

example: i set my alarm for 7:16 instead of 7:15.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

vespachick

QuoteEver since I was a little kid, I always felt a very strong connection to the number 27. As a child, I never knew why I felt this connection, I just did. I still don't know what it means, but I'm aware of its presence. When I was in college I had a conversation with a friend of mine about it and he told me (without knowing what my number was) that he always had it too and it happened to be with the number 27 as well. He is the first and only person I've ever had a conversation about this topic with. When I first came here looking around I noticed the whole topic with JJ referring to the number 34. I wonder if this is a number he has felt a connection to since he was a kid like my friend and I? I don't expect anyone here to speculate on what they think the answers to my curious musings are....What I do wonder is if any of you have experienced this number connection in your lives?
I'm a big number person too. I've done it since I was a kid and for me it's always been 26, or any variables thereof.  Like, for example, my b-day is the 12th day of the month, which is 2 6's.  I always look for repeating patterns/double patterns of 6 in everything, blankets, houswares, etc.  Or I can add up numbers to get there, for example, I met my boyfriend on 9/27/08.  If you add 9+2+7+8=26.   :o
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

el_chode

Quotei have this thing about odd numbers. i feel like they are bad luck, and usually try to avoid them.

same here. my stereo has to be on an even or a 5, because 5 is cool since it's really like an even number since it's always half of 10.

I've always liked the number 24. I was born at 10:24 on 10/24
I'm surrounded by assholes

BH

Anybody read Stephen King's Dark Tower series?   What was the number that kept showing up towards the end of the books?

How about these numbers?

4  8  15  16  23  42
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

el_chode

QuoteAnybody read Stephen King's Dark Tower series?   What was the number that kept showing up towards the end of the books?

How about these numbers?

4  8  15  16  23  42

Isn't that the same as lost? If so, they're part of the Valenzetti Equation, used during the cold war to predict the date humanity would destroy themselves

Crispy

Quotei have this thing about odd numbers. i feel like they are bad luck, and usually try to avoid them.

same here. my stereo has to be on an even or a 5, because 5 is cool since it's really like an even number since it's always half of 10.

I've always liked the number 24. I was born at 10:24 on 10/24

Totally this. I always pump my gas up the next .10 cents, my alarm is always even, and 5's are OK. But 1, 3, 7, and 9 are right out.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Bumbeli

I kinda like 9 and 3, 3 because it's my favourite prime number (yes I do have favourite prime numbers    8-) ) and because it's 3 times 3.
Feelings hour, every tuesday morning.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli"]http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli[/url]

mjkoehler

QuoteAnybody read Stephen King's Dark Tower series?   What was the number that kept showing up towards the end of the books?

How about these numbers?

4  8  15  16  23  42
DoH, beat me to it.

FACE

anybody ever look at license plates and create patterns in the numbers? oof, it is a pain in the butt.

the_wizzard

For me it is the number 3:
3rd child
born in the 3rd month
in the 3rd hour of the day
on the 18th (1 + 8 = 9 which is 3 x 3 or 18 is also 3 x 6 which again is 3 x 2)
in the 12th house (1 + 2 = 3)

*those are the most potent affiliations, but the list goes on....

jones

I, too have this disease

tomEisenbraun

Damn guys. I've always been a numbers person, but I've never had such an affinity for any single one. My tendencies come out as a function of patterns of numbers. My parents would always geek out about odometer oddities and really anything like that, and I've always sort of been on the prowl 'decoding' any sequences I run into. I think 7's are sort of special, just because it seems like they don't turn up as much as I'd like, and I think they can look a little bit regal, too...
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

mjkoehler

QuoteFor me it is the number 3:
3rd child
born in the 3rd month
in the 3rd hour of the day
on the 18th (1 + 8 = 9 which is 3 x 3 or 18 is also 3 x 6 which again is 3 x 2)
in the 12th house (1 + 2 = 3)

*those are the most potent affiliations, but the list goes on....
And the number of the counting shall be 3

Janet

According to Schoolhouse Rock, 3, it's a magic number...

megalicious

QuoteAccording to Schoolhouse Rock, 3, it's a magic number...

i always thought 9 (though odd) was a tight number b/c you can do that thing w/ your hands to figure out what nine times (x) is:

http://www.wikihow.com/Multiply-by-Nine-on-Your-Fingers
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

el_chode

I, too have this disease

Some may call it the OC Disorder

(please don't call it that)

aMillionDreams

When I was young I would wig out ocd-style on even numbers.  For instance, if I stepped on a crack with my left foot I would then have to step on two cracks with my right foot and one more with my left so that the pattern was L-R-R-L.  If I happened to step on two cracks in a row with my left I would then have to go LLRRRRLL in order to be "even". To complicate matters if I step on a crack with my right foot, I'd have to go RLLR LRRL to be "even"  And that's just stepping on cracks.  I also did this for scratching an itch, tapping my feet, rubbing my fingers together. Crazy shit.  I broke myself of it when I was around 11 or 12 I think.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

weeniebeenie

Quoteanybody ever look at license plates and create patterns in the numbers? oof, it is a pain in the butt.
I always do this.

44 is my favourite number.
How loud can silence get?