Any martial artists out there?

Started by Paulie_W, Feb 27, 2009, 11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulie Walnuts

Just wondered if there were any like minded souls out there. I'm 40 next week and I took up Ju Jitsu three months ago. I am absolutely loving it, and wish I had started earlier in life.

I used to play football (soccer) all the time, but have spent the last 7 years getting completely out of shape! But this stuff has really focused me. I'm itching to get to training all the time. I chose it because I didn't like the idea of a martial art where you just practice drills over and over again.

There is plenty of technique practice in this but there is a lot of sparring with other people, and it its great fun, as well as physically and mentally challenging.

Anyone else out there who does Ju Jitsu, or any other martial art?
"A problem shared......is a problem two people have got."

Jaimoe

I used to box - spared a bit, but mostly stuck to training since I can't see without contacts or glasses. I've mulled over taking up kung-fu or karate. My late father was a judo expert.

Soulshine

I took Tae Kwon Do briefly many years ago and I loved it. I will do it again. First, master my guitar then I will start taking Tae Kwon Do again.....
Because we're all in this together...

capt. scotty

I am a yellow belt with two greens stripes in Tae Kwon Do, and have been so for about 12 years.

I am master of my own domain
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

ricky8787

i wish i knew kung fu. i love the street fighter movies. and im 21. i know....... im weird.

I meant street fighter and mortal combat movie

Paulie_Walnuts

You're nearing your prime......go for it!
Paulie W