Book jackets or dust jackets or whatever

Started by ycartrob, Mar 02, 2009, 10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

QuoteDust Jackets suck ass. Take them off when I read. I f'n hate stickers on CD's and DVD's along with those shit strips they use for security on top and along the sides. They finally found an glue that doesn't leave a nasty residue.

this...I hate these more than anything. I want to Eff the security strips' mother
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

weeniebeenie

Quotewhere is the love for the cover art for the book?  I dont read with the jacket on but its nice to have something to look at when your done and reminiscing about the time you spent with the characters

Don't Harry Potter books have the same cover as the dust jacket anyway?
So you can still look at the picture without the jacket.
How loud can silence get?

AMightyCaporal

Quotewhere is the love for the cover art for the book?  I dont read with the jacket on but its nice to have something to look at when your done and reminiscing about the time you spent with the characters

nope- just plain

I guess when it comes to Harry Potter- she is so descriptive in the looks of a character that the covers don't really matter
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

mjkoehler

nope- just plain

I guess when it comes to Harry Potter- she is so descriptive in the looks of a character that the covers don't really matter
Very true. The covers without the dust Jacket are colored and have kind of an embossed Harlequin pattern. The US dust jackets are nice, but the truly outstanding ones are the UK Adult Edition ones. Adult being non chartoonish.

If you do a search on Amazon UK, you'll see them. Not that I have a copy or 2.

weeniebeenie

nope- just plain

Very true. The covers without the dust Jacket are colored and have kind of an embossed Harlequin pattern. The US dust jackets are nice, but the truly outstanding ones are the UK Adult Edition ones. Adult being non chartoonish.

If you do a search on Amazon UK, you'll see them. Not that I have a copy or 2.
The adult ones are awesome!!
My sister just got a really nice set:
http://www.bloomsbury.com/images/Books/medium/9780747593683.jpg

They have gold edges and stuff.
And no dust jackets!!!
How loud can silence get?

mjkoehler

QuoteThe adult ones are awesome!!
My sister just got a really nice set:
http://www.bloomsbury.com/images/Books/medium/9780747593683.jpg

They have gold edges and stuff.
And no dust jackets!!!