Jim's Ballot for RS's 100 Greatest Singers

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Nov 20, 2008, 05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

xmascriminal

Where'd you get this? I'd like to see the ballots for some of the other voters too.

walterfredo

QuoteWhere'd you get this? I'd like to see the ballots for some of the other voters too.

use the scroll arrows

http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/gallery/24160218/the_100_greatest_singers_inside_t/photo/11

xmascriminal

Thanks a lot. Those are fun to read. It amused me how many people put themselves on their own ballots but you could tell most of them were joking by putting themselves first or last. Ozzy Osbourne's the only one who I think really meant it. He put himself sixth and mispelled "Gabriel". Courtney Love's was interesting to say the least. Some of them seem like very strange people.

TGMC421

QuoteThanks a lot. Those are fun to read. It amused me how many people put themselves on their own ballots but you could tell most of them were joking by putting themselves first or last. Ozzy Osbourne's the only one who I think really meant it. He put himself sixth and mispelled "Gabriel". Courtney Love's was interesting to say the least. Some of them seem like very strange people.

I agree.

It's also interesting to see the different types of handwriting.   :P

BH

Just realized this was already posted on the Levon Helm thread.  Sorry.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

at dawn

damn, did you happen to read the comments under Jim's picks?  hater: "no Eddie Vedder?....PJ gave you a name by allowing you to open for them"  

hardly.

easy way

good thing Jim signed the ballot...I think we can all agree that his name belongs on that list.  ;)
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

easy way

Quotedamn, did you happen to read the comments under Jim's picks?  hater: "no Eddie Vedder?....PJ gave you a name by allowing you to open for them"  

hardly.

...and yes Monica, that kid's a punk!  >:( grrr.
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

easy way

QuoteI love the tie for 17th!

only Jim, right?  ;D

TGMC421

Quotegood thing Jim signed the ballot...I think we can all agree that his name belongs on that list.  ;)

I like the way you think  ;D

tomEisenbraun

QuoteI love the tie for 17th!

only Jim, right?  ;D

indeed!

(could it be because it's half of 34....? cue Twilight Zone music...)

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

jo_mama

Isnt funny how for the most part the older musicians didnt vote for anybody within the last 20 years of music.

Angry Ewok

Out of all the ballots, I seem to agree with Alice Cooper's the most.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

xmascriminal

QuoteOut of all the ballots, I seem to agree with Alice Cooper's the most.

I think my picks would be closest to Mike Campbell. Lenny Kaye's got a good list too.

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

Janet

Good read.  I found it interesting that Tom Waits was on a couple of the lists.  I loves me some Tom, but I can't say that I think he is a "great" singer.   As my better half says, he doesn't so much "sing" his songs as he "is" the song.

I concur.

I think the same about Neil Young.

Maybe the "greatest" singer nuance is lost on me.

Oh wait - isn't Celine Dion the world's greatest singer?

:-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

Cameron

i was surprised nobody had jim and even more surprised eddie vedder was left out.  x-tina made it for fuck sake!

xmascriminal

I would have put Eddie on there near the bottom. I also was surprised that no one did. No votes for Dave Matthews either.