Main Menu

Beer Wars!

Started by el_chode, Apr 04, 2009, 07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

[size=8]Disclaimer: This is a plug and I have nothing to do with it anymore than I have anything to do with MMJ, which is basically, a borderline obsession with the craft they perfect.[/size]

I was at a local craft brewer (Cricket Hill) and they were pushing this event that apparently has had a real hard time getting publicity and ticket sales are slow. It's called "Beer Wars" and it's some sort of hybrid documentary/movie/live event at movie theaters on 4/16, and it's all about craft brewers trying to take on the corporate behemoths. It's hosted by Ben Stein, but I'm not sure if this a good or a bad thing after his ID mockumentary.

Anyway, here's a bunch of local show times. So if you're free, why not spend some time supporting your local craft brewer in any way possible? And by that, I mean pick up a sixer of something local, pound them in the parking lot, watch the movie, and go to your local brewpub after. Then post a drunk message here about how great this was. Or how much it sucked. Or how it would have been great if you remembered it

I'm surrounded by assholes

Hawkeye

tickets purchased...thanks for the heads up!
We could.

MickeyReds

Should be interesting.
As long as you keep a straight face...