Anyone else got a SHIT job?

Started by Paulie_W, Feb 19, 2009, 05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vadie Stark

Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

Bob Loblaw

I think I have a pretty decent job.  It's a ton of work and mostly when I describe it to people they seem completely uninterested but oh well, it allows me to use my strengths in math.  My point though, is there are a ton of squares in my profession.  We have a message board and I was browsing it today and noticed this thread on Bonnaroo.  

http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/showthread.php?t=4420

I have to laylow, it's like I'm incognito.  I saw that thread and thought how different the attitude on this board is!

TheBigChicken

It is REALLY bad here in the bay area. Especially for us in construction. Any job down here is a blessing. Think about not having a job before you say "my job sucks". The person that hears you might not have one and give anything to have yours...just my two cents
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Paulie Walnuts

QuoteIt's not even shit in terms of the function or the environment. It's a middle management job, reasonable salary etc. etc.

But I work with some real fucking idiots, arse lickers, up-their-own-arse twats!

The Wire got the subject of different institutions so right!

Anyone else feel the same?

i think it's funny you editted "ass" to "arse" but kept "twat"

That was an old post but there was no editing on my part. You call it ass.....we call it arse! And i meant twat. I don't know what it means to you but a lot of my colleagues are twats.
"A problem shared......is a problem two people have got."

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Leontheslut

Most of my family considers my job shit. I don't really give a fuck though. I get paid okay to babysit servers, so essentially I get paid to smoke weed and watch videos for part of the night.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Leontheslut

Oh and f3or anybody who hates their job

fuckthisjob.com

There are usually some funny posts on there. And if anything it will make you feel better about your place in the rat race.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Vadie Stark

QuoteMost of my family considers my job shit. I don't really give a fuck though. I get paid okay to babysit servers, so essentially I get paid to smoke weed and watch videos for part of the night.

Try babysitting these guys at Folsom

pawpaw

QuoteMost of my family considers my job shit. I don't really give a fuck though. I get paid okay to babysit servers, so essentially I get paid to smoke weed and watch videos for part of the night.

Try babysitting these guys at Folsom

I did some work at the new Folsom Prison last year (it's next door to Old Folsom), and that place is scary. Other than Pelican Bay, I think it's the highest security prison in the state. We were driving around through the facility with one of the maintenance guys, and we went through this big indoor space that had a bunch of furniture and stuff covered in plastic sheets. He goes,"We used to have a vocational training center in here, carpentry, that kind of stuff, but the prisoners kept killing each other with the tools. Now we just use it for storage."  :-/
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Vadie Stark