I just got hired to work the 2010 Olympics!

Started by Jaimoe, Apr 08, 2009, 03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaimoe

I'll be working for Canada's national Olympic broadcaster, CTV. I'll be with MuchMusic (Canada's music station) located at the foot of Whistler Mountain. I'm really excited. Getting a TV job for the Olympics is very difficult - I applied for lower jobs since they see the most action. 20,000 people applied for jobs, many outside of the company. If anyone is planning on going, drop over an watch our broadcast. It won't be too hard to find me since our crew is small.

Angry Ewok

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

BH

Hey don't go sabotaging American athletes Jaimoe! ;)

Seriously though, congrats, that's very cool.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

aMillionDreams

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

pawpaw

That's great news! That's quite an honor, and it should also be a great party! What kind of programming do you think MuchMusic will have for the Olympics? Slip some Jacket into the mix!!!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

.Walt

Huge music fan, and a huge sports fan. The world is in good hands!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Jaimoe

QuoteThat's great news! That's quite an honor, and it should also be a great party! What kind of programming do you think MuchMusic will have for the Olympics? Slip some Jacket into the mix!!!

MuchMusic used to be a great station back in the early days. Back then, they had a country hour, metal hour etc... and did eight hours of live programming with VJs per day. Now, the station is geared to the E! generation, however, sometimes MMJ gets played as well as many indie bands.

MuchMusic will be doing their live MuchOnDemand show at the Olympics, Monday to Friday from 5pm-6pm. I'll be in Vancouver/Whistler for a month. CTV recently bought MuchMusic, so I'm essentially working for both stations. In case you are curious, CTV is a private broadcaster, equivalent in Canada to CBS, Fox, NBC, ABC. It is the direct rival of the CBC, the former Olympics broadcaster. CTV and TSN (national sports network partly owned by ESPN) will be doing the world feed too and both stations combined will broadcast the most hours of live Olympic programming in the world.

Thanks for all the well-wishes! I'll be a camera assistant for MOD, but that's exactly what I wanted to do since it's where the action is. I did not want to be stuck in a production truck in a parking lot doing video tape.

Vadie Stark

Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

EAZYE

I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Jaimoe

I think I'm going to bring my laptop, so I will try to send everyone reports on the Olympics.

ycartrob

well you know, Look at You was written as a tribute to the 2010 Olympics...

Jaimoe

Quotewell you know, Look at You was written as a tribute to the 2010 Olympics...

Never heard it, but maybe I just don't know the title.