The Official March Madness Thread

Started by primushead, Mar 11, 2009, 02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

QuoteI was hoping this game would be close, salvaging somewhat one of my least favourite and compelling tournaments in recent memory. I hope for entertainment sake that MSU starts to light it up in the 2nd half.

Goddamit is Bird an ugly mother. He's never been a GQ model, but man, pull back to at least a medium shot, cameraman.

That longer front hair to cover the balding corners dont help either  ;D

I thought you were talking about my hairline  ;D

Haha, didnt even think about that but judging by your avatar your hairstyle is doin much better than Birdman
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jaimoe

QuoteI was hoping this game would be close, salvaging somewhat one of my least favourite and compelling tournaments in recent memory. I hope for entertainment sake that MSU starts to light it up in the 2nd half.

Goddamit is Bird an ugly mother. He's never been a GQ model, but man, pull back to at least a medium shot, cameraman.

That longer front hair to cover the balding corners dont help either  ;D

I thought you were talking about my hairline  ;D

Haha, didnt even think about that but judging by your avatar your hairstyle is doin much better than Birdman

It was windy that day and I was at the Desoto Park Beach in FLA, near St. Pete. Normally my lid isn't that unruly.

ycartrob

Congratulations Gregg, I think you guys are unbeatable when you're at your best (even though I'd still like to see you play Pitt when you're both at your best).

capt. scotty

QuoteCongratulations Gregg, I think you guys are unbeatable when you're at your best (even though I'd still like to see you play Pitt when you're both at your best).

Congrats as well..I wouldve rather seen them play Pitt, UConn, or Louisville with UNC at their best. Mich St got crushed earlier in the year and looked just as overmatched tonight.

The way UNC played in the tourney though, its hard to believe they lost more than 1 game with Lawson in the lineup, if that.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Anyone else surprised Ellington got MOP of the Final 4?!!?  :o

I thought Lawson wouldve been a lock - I mean shit, he set the steals record for a game in the tourney, in the championship game nonetheless, and Id say they converted at least 6 of those - which was basically the difference in the game. Not to mention Lawson was the leading scorer of the Final 4 game vs. Nova with 22pts, 7rebounds, 8 assists. He's the leading scorer of the championship game with 21pts, 4rebounds, 6-to-1 assists to TO ratio, and 8steals in the championship game. Im just totally befuddled at how he didnt get the MOP of the Final 4

But if he didnt get it, then I thought Hansbrough would as the sentimental choice. He was solid with 18pts in both games and 11 and 7rebounds respectively. His point totals were nearly the same as Ellington.

How Ellington got it is beyond me. The voter must be from Philly  ;D

2nd time the NCAA has puzzled me tonight

tower

Wow, well we got overwhelmed in the first 5 minutes and while I don't think we played great D throughout UNC was hitting everything and a few more and we clearly were not.  I'm surprised we didn't pound it inside a bit more, I think we settled for jumpers when we could have scored inside.  Turnovers killed us and Ty Lawson was a world beater tonight, he looked great.  I'm still a bit shocked that UNC didn't run into a team that shot the ball really well.  OK, Villanova, and MSU all shot miserably and while I don't think its the UNC defense (plenty of open looks) it must be something to do with the way they speed you up, that's all I can figure.

All in all, I'm pleased with the MSU season, if not the final game and assuming Lucas doesn't go pro (which he shouldn't) we should be pretty damn good next year too.  3G, let me know what I'm "proudly" displaying.  Congrats on your National Champeenship.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

primushead

Way to go Heels!!!!  2ND CHAMPIONSHIP IN 5 YEARS!!!

Not a bad stretch right there.

Yes, tower, I thought MSU didn't play up to their potential.  They looked a little tight out there, and I think those first few turnovers they had might've shaken their confidence a little.  Still, great season by both teams.

How bout this for the new avatar?   :D

tower

Oh, the humanity...at least it's not Michigan or Notre Dame.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

ycartrob

That definently wasn't the same Michigan St. team that rolled up a couple of Big East elites back-to-back.

BH

Congrats Triple G! [smiley=beer.gif]
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

tower

QuoteThat definently wasn't the same Michigan St. team that rolled up a couple of Big East elites back-to-back.

No it wasn't...no it wasn't.  
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

Penny Lane

QuoteWay to go Heels!!!!  2ND CHAMPIONSHIP IN 5 YEARS!!!

Not a bad stretch right there.

Yes, tower, I thought MSU didn't play up to their potential.  They looked a little tight out there, and I think those first few turnovers they had might've shaken their confidence a little.  Still, great season by both teams.

How bout this for the new avatar?   :D

now those are some guns. as much as i wanna hate this kid, he's probably the hardest working kid in college basketball.

i was pulling for the big ten but oh well. now back to college football..enough of this!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

aMillionDreams

i gotta say I was pretty disappointed with the tourney this year.  Very few upsets, hardly any buzz beaters, and no really great, memorable games.  The team eerybody thought would win when the season began didn't really get tested and rolled their way through.  I shouldn't have picked any upsets in my bracket.  The person who won our work poll did that.  Damn shame.

And, yes, I am bitter that UofL lost the way it did.  

Congrats, GGG.  Nice avatar, Tower.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

capt. scotty

I agree, but I dont think it matters if there are upsets or not, just if the games are competitive and entertaining. Pitt/Nova was a great game and wouldve been no matter which team won, but after that you gotta think about it.

And not only werent there many close games, there were a ton of blowouts.

Really last years tourney wasnt very good either but thats all forgotten because the championship game was great.

primushead

Way to man up, tower!

You can take it down after a couple of days.  :)

I'm so thrilled Tyler (and the rest of the team) got that title.

After two embarrasing exits from the tourney the last couple times, I'm glad we finally showed up.  Great season!  It begins again in 7 months... :D

tower

At least I've got this to look forward to:

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/tourney/posts/60921

Not sure I agree with the guy but he picks MSU as #1 for 2009.  We'll have to find a center to be even close to that but with a lot of returning guards/wings/forwards we "should" be a force to be reckoned with.  We do have a couple Bigs coming in but you can't count on freshmen.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

capt. scotty

QuoteAt least I've got this to look forward to:

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/tourney/posts/60921

Not sure I agree with the guy but he picks MSU as #1 for 2009.  We'll have to find a center to be even close to that but with a lot of returning guards/wings/forwards we "should" be a force to be reckoned with.  We do have a couple Bigs coming in but you can't count on freshmen.

they arent "freshmen" by march madness. theyre "sophomores"  ;)