Listening Party After Party

Started by Love_Dog, Apr 20, 2009, 02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love Dogg

I just want to say that Friday was such an amazing night for me!  The weather, here in Louisville was perfect, Ear X-tacy hosted a listening party for the Record Store Day release of My Morning Jacket's new EP that includes excerpts from the two Louisville shows (both of which I attended) last year.  I literally ran into Jim's mom, and got to experience it all with Forum Royalty.  aMillion Dreams, Kory, TEO, LizKing, Candace, Goose and others.

I was filled with a lot of Louisville Pride that day (usually am) and a lot of Jacket Pride that night (usually am).  This day was more special, though because I had so much fucking fun I couldn't help myself!

To be honest, the Ear X-tacy listening party wasn't a big deal, really.  We got our Jacket paraphernalia and bolted back to aMD's where a jam session ensued that blew my mind.  I think anybody whose been to Jacketfest before knows what those folks sound like, but I hadn't...and it felt good to sit in with them, too.  It was really awesome.  

I'm sure TEO's highlight of the evening was meeting Muhammed Ali, but mine was hanging out and jamming with all of those super awesome people.  I hope I didn't wear out my welcome but I didn't want it to end.  I am so thankful for this Jacket community I am a part of...truly great people.

"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Penny Lane

wow that sounds great!! post some pics if you have em. Glad you all had such a good time. The jacket comraderie sounds pretty awesome.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

Wish I coulda' been. Awesome that TEO met Ali.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

TEO

It WAS an awesome day! Hanging out with some of my peeps, getting to know Love Dog better (he is a total blast, so funny, yet so sincere when he means it and so appreciative of everything. he is my kind of guy and friend.) Dylan keeps about 3-4 ring binders at the base of his mic stand in his music room, open, braced against each other, and ready to use. He continued to pull one up after the other and they must have played 20 Jacket songs, I wish I would have kept track. We are talking: Evelyn, Isobella, The Bear, War Begun, At Dawn, Dondante, Wordless, etc., etc. Candace's vocals were so pure and sonic, truly amazing! Dylan on lead, Dog on rhythm, Lizking on banjo, mandolin, and drums, and Goose even pulled out a harmonica! So besides meeting Ali earlier in the day it was a great evening (I got back to my hotel downtown around 4:30 a.m. and am usually in bed by 8:30-9:00) I wish you all could have been there. These are some truly amazing peeps and it is nothing but my pleasure to be associated with them...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

weeniebeenie

Sounds like a pretty awesome time. Jacket fans are too cool.
How loud can silence get?

goose

It was a great time.  Thanks go out to the hosts, and it was nice meeting TEO and LizKing.  LizKing on the drums, with a little tambourine in the background, blew my mind away.  AMD and LizKing, you all definitely have your jacket down.  I guess I need a hell of a lot of practice.  Oh, and the impromptu jam session was magnificent!
Hooked on four like one, two, three

aMillionDreams

I'm glad everyone had great time.  No one overstayed their welcome, other than perhaps me at the mic.  It was fun playing and hanging with you all, we ought to do it more often.  Jacket people are good people.  I'm lucky to know you guys.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

LizKing531

Yeah - I had a great time.  Good to see you again TEO!  Great to meet Goose & LoveDog.  We'll definitely have to jam out again!  That was a blast.  Looking forward to Jacketfest!