Recent Purchases...

Started by rccola71, Mar 08, 2008, 11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

http://www.subpop.com/releases/iron_and_wine/posters/iron_and_wine_limited_edition_poster_set I'm pretty excited about this....one of these are signed....I hope it's the one with the dog/album cover....50 $ after shipping :)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

red

Man, those are beautiful!

I bought a new bicycle this week.  Just a cheap one, nothing fancy, but I'm really excited to ride to work in a few weeks.  

megalicious

i bought some of that new "simply apple" juice. it was delish.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

thatswhatshesaid

got a six pack of ale-8 in dayton ohio. this makes me so happy! :) :) :)

Angry Ewok

Probably going to pick up another vintage Star Wars figure, in a week or two. I've been collecting them since I was about 4 years old, so I'm down to the very last ones - the most expensive and rarest figures.

8-)
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Hawkeye

Boring, I know, but a nice pair of glasses.  The kind you see with.  It sucked wearing contacts 18 hours a day for 3 years straight.  Anyone here get Lasik surgery?
We could.

Taterbug

I just put $ 500.00 down on a new bike, very excited !!!!  And I got more for my trade in than expected.  2008 HD sportster nightster.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Hawkeye

SWEET BIKE!  I may have to get one this summer.
We could.

Taterbug

QuoteSWEET BIKE!  I may have to get one this summer.

Thanks  :)   Its only $ 10,500 with the ape hangers and forward controls.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Angry Ewok

tomEisenbraun

Are those short pipes stock Harley pipes for this thing? My dad has some Vanns and Hines Long Shots on his '97 Softail Custom, and my lady's dad has a sweet black Softail Deuce from pretty recent and he's got some Short Shots on that one. Good lord, do they sound wicked on his. Hopefully Harley hasn't muffled down their take on 'em too much, but this thing looks like it's meant to scream. What did you trade in for it?

Over here, I just laid down a good $338 for a freakin window regulator for my Jeep. Rolled the passenger front window up and heard a crack and it started falling down. I had to lean across my car and hold it up for a few blocks until I could park it. The dang part cost $338, and then I had to lay down another good $120 for them to put it in. I think I'm going to be doing the work myself next time...
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Taterbug

Those short pipes are not stock, the stock pipes are longer ( which is what im gettin).
I am going to wait till next year to get'em. I am trading in my 03 honda shadow spirit with 6000 miles. ( my 1st bike ).  I know what you mean about the pipes, I have vance hines pipes on my shadow. The dude that owned it before me pulled the baffles out of the pipes which made it stoopid LOUD. I can set off car alarms 1 block away.  Loud pipes save lives, right ?  That is one reason why I don't ride back and forth to work. I don't want to piss off my neighbors early in the morning.    
Do you ride ?  

I use to own a 76 Jeep CJ-5  renegade back in the 80's,  I loved that jeep. I had 34's and a bikini top.   I left the bikini top on all summer long, rain or shine.  It had a straight 6 in it. It  ran like shit but sure looked cool.  I froze my ass off in the winter with that soft top, and the heater was a fan that blew hot air off the motor.  
The thing with jeeps is ( or use to be ) that all the hardware and fasteners on them required a special tool similar to a phillips head screw driver or a special socket that was neither american standard or metric.  They made you buy the friggin tools.  
I will stop ramblin :)

Great picture Angry, that is one of my all time favorite movies, except the ending was very upsetting to me  :'(

TheBigChicken

Quotehttp://www.subpop.com/releases/iron_and_wine/posters/iron_and_wine_limited_edition_poster_set I'm pretty excited about this....one of these are signed....I hope it's the one with the dog/album cover....50 $ after shipping :)
got these yesterday and they ARE BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Angry Ewok

QuoteGreat picture Angry, that is one of my all time favorite movies, except the ending was very upsetting to me  :'(

I've got the SE DVD... when I watch it, I always stop before shit gets depressing.

pawpaw

QuoteI bought a new bicycle this week.  Just a cheap one, nothing fancy, but I'm really excited to ride to work in a few weeks.  

HELL YEAH! I try to ride my bike to work most days it doesn't rain, it's the best way to start the day. It's all downhill on the way to work, so it's really a fun ride.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

tomEisenbraun

QuoteThose short pipes are not stock, the stock pipes are longer ( which is what im gettin).
I am going to wait till next year to get'em. I am trading in my 03 honda shadow spirit with 6000 miles. ( my 1st bike ).  I know what you mean about the pipes, I have vance hines pipes on my shadow. The dude that owned it before me pulled the baffles out of the pipes which made it stoopid LOUD. I can set off car alarms 1 block away.  Loud pipes save lives, right ?  That is one reason why I don't ride back and forth to work. I don't want to piss off my neighbors early in the morning.    
Do you ride ?  

I use to own a 76 Jeep CJ-5  renegade back in the 80's,  I loved that jeep. I had 34's and a bikini top.   I left the bikini top on all summer long, rain or shine.  It had a straight 6 in it. It  ran like shit but sure looked cool.  I froze my ass off in the winter with that soft top, and the heater was a fan that blew hot air off the motor.  
The thing with jeeps is ( or use to be ) that all the hardware and fasteners on them required a special tool similar to a phillips head screw driver or a special socket that was neither american standard or metric.  They made you buy the friggin tools.  
I will stop ramblin :)

Great picture Angry, that is one of my all time favorite movies, except the ending was very upsetting to me  :'(

Nice! I can't even begin to imagine how those things sounded unbaffled! That must've been ridiculous--

I don't ride...yet. I'm only 20, so I've got no funds with which to buy a bike, but I do have the oppotunity to take the motorcycle safety course and get my license later this spring or summer. Then I can prepared to ride when I finally get the chance. My lady's dad has a good 1200 that is apparently "a wicked bitch" that I'll probably get to ride after I score a license--with much supervision and work. He does a pretty sweet ride through Death Valley every year, and has been eyeballing a very cool motorcycle tour through the Himalayas on classic british bikes, which also looks very cool. He's big on adventures, and is really wanting me to be able to get my license so that he can start working with me to get me to the point where we can do some of the longer distance stuff. Apparently those rides are the gateway to a whole new religious experience--that oneness with the road and the country that you really miss in a car. I can't wait to ride to the Grand Canyon with this guy. Enough of the ramble, I'll get my license just as soon as I don't have to worry about school for a weekend and then I'm ridin'!

How long've you been riding? Or rather, how old were you when you picked up the Shadow? Also, what's your name? It's always weird starting up conversations with somebody and not knowing anything more than "Taterbug" for a name!

-Tom

TEO

New Balance 992 and 749. The 749's are probably some of the best shoes I have ever owned. Also bought myself a Seiko watch on the ship.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Taterbug

Yo Tom E. ( the IRONMAN ), You must be a fellow KRAUT. 1st off my christian name is Todd  ;) , I'm from Elgin, IL.   I have only been riding for 2 years. And I friggin love it,
I took the rider safety course thru our community college and I highly recommend the course. They give you your endorsment right there , if you pass you then go to the DMV to get your  picture taken and your good to go.  WOW, death valley & the Himalayas would be a ride of a lifetime for me, I'm a flatlander and use to riding thru miles & miles of farmland, so mountains and curves gets me excited.  Gotta get back to work now, very tired from getting my face melted from last nites  webcast on NPR. I fell asleep about midnite and missed the last 4-5 songs.  I LOVE THE NEW STUFF.

tomEisenbraun

Todd!

haha, it actually means "Brown Iron", so either I've oxidized a bit, or my ancestors were not only brawny, but tan as hell, too!

Did you do your training at CoD? I've lived in Carol Stream for about four years until I moved to GA for school. My parents just moved down to Oswego this past summer. Small world, eh?

You gotta get out west, man. Riding through the desert is apparently one hell of a journey. I wonder if we've got any other riders around here. It'd be sweet to pick somewhere and ride to a show. That'd be incredible!

Taterbug

I took the class at Elgin Community college, thru the NIU class, can't beat it, I think it was only like $ 30.00 and it's refundable or you can donate to the course.  Hell ya, it would be a blast to ride to a show.  I know Oswego well. It is a fast growing community.  I plan on riding down to my parents summer home in Myrtle Beach in July, So I plan on making a couple stops to visit family in Louisville & Pikeville Ky. So I will get my fill of mountain riding, I love that blue ridge parkway.