Mickey Rourke Throwdown

Started by edtombell, Apr 21, 2009, 03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

All over hockey and tits. Some countries that's a delicacy.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

QuoteIm still pissed Sean Penn got the best actor Oscar over Mickey. Even if you thought Penn was slightly better, you gotta give it to Mickey for career achievement over Penn who I think already had 2-3 Oscars before this one.

i disagree. he gets the sentimentality votes but i'm a little over these hollywood has beens coming back to reclaim their shot at fame. i'm all for turning your life around and putting down the booze but that shouldn't win him an oscar. he was a great fit for that movie, but Sean Penn has honed his craft for 30 years, and even though i was nauseous reading about him and hugo chavez, he deserved that oscar because he's the better actor.

i guess i have more sympathy for the average joe who gets up every day and slugs it out at his factory job to put food on the table than for mickey rourke. but hey, we've all got our demons, just sayin.

not the most feminine thing to say but GET OFF MICKEY ROURKE'S NUTZ ALREADY!  ;)

Oh, overall I agree Sean Penn is hands down the better actor, and I like more of his movies than Rourke's (though SP has also made many more), but I thought in this instance Rourke deserved the Oscar. It seems like your basing who should have one over who has proved to be the better actor for their career, thats not how it works.

And FWIW, Rourke wasnt an alcoholic or drug addict during the decade or so he was out of movies which you and a couple other people noted, he suffered from depression.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

QuoteAll over hockey and tits. Some countries that's a delicacy.

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

MickeyReds

QuoteSo you're trying to prove your point by showing me some dude who probably listens to limp bizkit getting mad about being called a pole smoker?? Do you like Limp Bizkit ?

you're done with me about 4 posts ago. I'm certainly done with you

Wawawawawawawawawawahhhhhhhh!
As long as you keep a straight face...

Vadie Stark

Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

capt. scotty

Quotedawg

http://www.uniquelyrourke.com/

;D

I highly doubt that is his OFFICIAL website

Vadie Stark

is to

:P  Some more of Mickey's dawgs
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

capt. scotty

Just watched Once Upon A Time In Mexico and Mickey had his chihuahua with him in the movie  ;D 8-)