Mickey Rourke Throwdown

Started by edtombell, Apr 21, 2009, 03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vadie Stark

QuoteSo, let's make this a "Dogs are super awesome" thread, and I'll instantly join you.

yes arf arf arf please arf arf arf cookie arf arf
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

ycartrob

Sparkyism #43:

somedays you're the tree

ycartrob

Sparkyism #17:

somedays you're the snow

Leontheslut

I'm not uncomfortable with any of this. I just don't feel like having to explain things to you everytime a joke is made and you don't get it or like.

Again, please put me on ignore.  

sure, I can ignore you.

I would just challenge you to own your hateful expressions like "pole smoker" rather than try to make some bullshit elaborate justification for using such a term and then copping out by saying you're tired of having to explain your jokes to me.

I understand what the term pole smoker means, no need to "explain". I also understand gay bashing, no need to "justify".

Try to clean it up a little bit, that's not what we're about here.
Dude, you really need to get down off your high horse. I was not gay bashing. I even asked one of my best friends (who happens to be gay) if he considers that gay bashing. You know what his response is, you're overly sensitive and you should learn how to take a joke. If he isn't offended, why should you be?

The only reason "pole smoker" is derogatory is because YOU are attaching that meaning to it. Just because YOU think oral sex is offensive doesn't mean everyone does. Just because YOU can't take a joke, doesn't mean that everyone else can't.

BTW, You didn't challenge shit in any of these threads. You called me out in the YO EVERYONE thread, and you ran off because you knew I was right about you being okay with things going "offtopic" as long as you could participate in the subject.

I'm done with you.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Leontheslut

ETB,

you're good people, sorry to take your thread offtopic
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

ycartrob

I'm not uncomfortable with any of this. I just don't feel like having to explain things to you everytime a joke is made and you don't get it or like.

sure, I can ignore you.

I would just challenge you to own your hateful expressions like "pole smoker" rather than try to make some bullshit elaborate justification for using such a term and then copping out by saying you're tired of having to explain your jokes to me.

I understand what the term pole smoker means, no need to "explain". I also understand gay bashing, no need to "justify".

Dude, you really need to get down off your high horse. I was not gay bashing. I even asked one of my best friends (who happens to be gay) if he considers that gay bashing. You know what his response is, you're overly sensitive and you should learn how to take a joke. If he isn't offended, why should you be?

The only reason "pole smoker" is derogatory is because YOU are attaching that meaning to it. Just because YOU think oral sex is offensive doesn't mean everyone does. Just because YOU can't take a joke, doesn't mean that everyone else can't.

BTW, You didn't challenge shit in any of these threads. You called me out in the YO EVERYONE thread, and you ran off because you knew I was right about you being okay with things going "offtopic" as long as you could participate in the subject.

I'm done with you.

good grief. Are you for real man? I don't know what rock you live under, but pole smoker is not a form of endearment.  ;D

You are rrreeeeeaaaacccchhhhhhiiiiinnnnggggggggggg

Leontheslut

sure, I can ignore you.

I'm done with you.

good grief. Are you for real man? I don't know what rock you live under, but pole smoker is not a form of endearment.  ;D

Exactly, because of people like you who attach a hateful meaning to it.

Think about it:

Pole smoker

Pole = johnson
smoker = sucking

I like to have mine smoked every now and then, I don't see that as being derogatory or hateful.

If I called a woman a pole smoker who you be that offended? You're the one holding up all these social taboos when we should be breaking free of them.

I know you think you helping, but you are furthering the usage of hate by empowering a term like that to make it something hurtful instead of silly.

You take life way too seriously man. Cheer up, go get your pole smoked, you'll feel better.

AMightyCaporal

I actually think that tracy is right to say pole smoker is derogatory

not because of how he perceives it compared to the way you do

but because of how its been used in the past and how its being used as a hateful term in our present culture- either describing someone as gay or slutty (depending on gender)

now calling someone gay is not an insult- there is no wrong in that but i think we all can agree that in our culture- many people use terms like pole smoker and homo and gay as derogatory remarks fueled by hate and disrespect and fear of differences

so whether you are being derogatory or not- it is difficult to use a term like that and not be seen as one who uses such a term in a hateful way.

The problem is- Tracy doesn't believe that you aren't being hateful

and i think tracy is trying to say- by using a term like that- you are perpetuating its use and making it okay to say.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

ycartrob

sure, I can ignore you.

I'm done with you.

Think about it:

Pole smoker

Pole = johnson
smoker = sucking

I like to have mine smoked every now and then, I don't see that as being derogatory or hateful.

If I called a woman a pole smoker who you be that offended? You're the one holding up all these social taboos when we should be breaking free of them.

I know you think you helping, but you are furthering the usage of hate by empowering a term like that to make it something hurtful instead of silly.

You take life way too seriously man. Cheer up, go get your pole smoked, you'll feel better.

pole = johnson  ;D

no dummy,

pole = penis      
johnson = penis

sweeetie, when people "smoke" do they smoke the same cigarette over and over? No, they smoke maybe 10 or 20 different cigarettes a day, every day. Now, do your little word switcharoo there and you can see how offensive that term can be. I think the problem is that you actually don't know what that term means and you're just saying it through your limited world view of things.

point is, Harvey Milk put his life on the line for gay rights and you refer to him as a pole smoker; There just might be some people who would be offended by that statement. If you really don't know this (and I think you do), you should know this. It's offensive.

I am really starting to think you don't understand why it's offensive.

BTW, call your girfriend or wife a pole smoker, see how they react. I mean, since it's not an offensive term.

Vadie Stark

QuoteETB,

you're good people, sorry to take your thread offtopic

Don't worry 'bout it . There is a real double standard with what people think is OK to say or joke about. I see it in movies and stand up comedy. Think Bill Mahr or Jon Stewart they make bank with their stuff pop culture icons, visionaries some think. Try some of their stuff sometime at lunch, the water cooler, or a cocktail party. You get flak a label or name, sneers. Invite all those people over for the Daily Show,Real Time or Dont Mess With the Zohan they laugh their ass off. Go figure. I really don't draw a lot of conclusions about who anyone is here or in the real world.I don't know any of you really. I'll just be glad when we graduate this shoolhouse rock.
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

ycartrob

The problem is- Tracy doesn't believe that you aren't being hateful

and i think tracy is trying to say- by using a term like that- you are perpetuating its use and making it okay to say.

I can say, I was in the military for 4 years and when people referred to gay men as pole smokers, it was not meant in a loving way. In fact, it was said with a vengence.

I also have some homophobic friends who use that term in a hateful way. Not good.

I can honestly say, I have never heard that term used in any other way. I could be wrong, but that sure would be a stretch to say calling a gay man a pole smoker is a form of endearment.

MickeyReds

sure, I can ignore you.

I'm done with you.

Think about it:

Pole smoker

Pole = johnson
smoker = sucking

pole = johnson  ;D

no dummy,

pole = penis      
johnson = penis

sweeetie, when people "smoke" do they smoke the same cigarette over and over? No, they smoke maybe 10 or 20 different cigarettes a day, every day. Now, do your little word switcharoo there and you can see how offensive that term can be. I think the problem is that you actually don't know what that term means and you're just saying it through your limited world view of things.

point is, Harvey Milk put his life on the line for gay rights and you refer to him as a pole smoker; There just might be some people who would be offended by that statement. If you really don't know this (and I think you do), you should know this. It's offensive.

BTW, call your girfriend or wife a pole smoker, see how they react. I mean, since it's not an offensive term.

Randy "THE RAM" Robinson put his life on the line for something way cooler than gay rights. PRO WRESTLING!
As long as you keep a straight face...

Leontheslut

sure, I can ignore you.

I'm done with you.

Think about it:

Pole smoker

Pole = johnson
smoker = sucking

pole = johnson  ;D

no dummy,

pole = penis      
johnson = penis

Queen Tracy: I'm sorry your so offended.

You're think your so progressive, but in actuality your extremely close minded. You think everyone should be treated with equality right? So why should gays, or blacks, or jews, or polocks, or sheep fuckers (like yourself) be excluded from the fun? By saying it's NOT okay to poke fun at a certain group is singling a certain group out, even if you think it's in a positive way.

Leontheslut

sure, I can ignore you.

I'm done with you.

Think about it:

Pole smoker

Pole = johnson
smoker = sucking

pole = johnson  ;D

no dummy,

pole = penis      
johnson = penis

Randy "THE RAM" Robinson put his life on the line for something way cooler than gay rights. PRO WRESTLING!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ycartrob

You're think your so progressive, but in actuality your extremely close minded. You think everyone should be treated with equality right? So why should gays, or blacks, or jews, or polocks, or sheep fuckers (like yourself) be excluded from the fun? By saying it's NOT okay to poke fun at a certain group is singling a certain group out, even if you think it's in a positive way.

yeah, pretty much what I thought.

(pretty clever how you switched the you're with the your and vice versa. Pretty clever to sort of add such a moronic tone, now you're using your noggin.  ;) )

Leontheslut

So you're trying to prove your point by showing me some dude who probably listens to limp bizkit getting mad about being called a pole smoker?? Do you like Limp Bizkit ?

Leontheslut

yeah, pretty much what I thought.
I'm glad we could come to this understanding.

Give me a kiss you silly old man!  :-*

ycartrob

QuoteSo you're trying to prove your point by showing me some dude who probably listens to limp bizkit getting mad about being called a pole smoker?? Do you like Limp Bizkit ?

you're done with me about 4 posts ago. I'm certainly done with you

Leontheslut

QuoteSo you're trying to prove your point by showing me some dude who probably listens to limp bizkit getting mad about being called a pole smoker?? Do you like Limp Bizkit ?

you're done with me about 4 posts ago. I'm certainly done with you
I miss you already!  :'(