This or That!

Started by LeontheHut, Apr 23, 2009, 04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

I need you to 'Splain on it not being safe to eat 5 fish a year, since I thought everyone was saying you should eat fish like every other day

Lake Ontario. Nothing can be worse than Erie

polar bears

OR

grizzly bears
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

MickeyReds

Cheers or seinfeld
As long as you keep a straight face...

Jaimoe

QuoteI need you to 'Splain on it not being safe to eat 5 fish a year, since I thought everyone was saying you should eat fish like every other day

polar bears

OR

grizzly bears

Polar bears, since they are going extinct.

Most salmon have toxins/lead in them, so it is recommended (in Canada) that people should eat no more than 5 wild-raised salmon a year.

MickeyReds

QuoteI need you to 'Splain on it not being safe to eat 5 fish a year, since I thought everyone was saying you should eat fish like every other day

polar bears

OR

grizzly bears

Most salmon have toxins/lead in them, so it is recommended (in Canada) that people should eat no more than 5 wild-raised salmon a year.

Thanks, Bill Nye

capt. scotty

polar bears

OR

grizzly bears

PB's are going extinct?!?!!! Is this because of ice caps/glaciers melting or what?

What does wild-raised mean? What would my grocery store carry?!

I eat sushi like 5 times a week, either Tuna or Salmon almost always. I thought it was supposed to be good for you.

Maybe DB can chime in on this?  :D

Seinfeld

Kramer or Co-stanza
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jaimoe

Both salmon and tuna are good for you, but you gotta watch buying a big salmon at a fish-market. You kinda roll the dice with any processed food, including fish in a can.

Tuna are often caught in drift-nets, which catch everything including many dolphins.

Polar bears are going extinct because of global warming. They need ice to hunt for seals, and the ice covering the water in the north is disappearing. Polar bears are even fucking drowning. Fucking bloody hell!

capt. scotty

Crazy...how could they drown though if theyre such good swimmers?!

I realize ice is melting, but I figured there was still enough to go around at least at this point.

Well, I guess i'll take my chances with Tuna and Salmon. It still has gotta be better than a cheeseburger.

...Kramer or Costanza

MickeyReds

costanza

norm or cliff

capt. scotty

Jaimoe

QuoteCrazy...how could they drown though if theyre such good swimmers?!

I realize ice is melting, but I figured there was still enough to go around at least at this point.

Well, I guess i'll take my chances with Tuna and Salmon. It still has gotta be better than a cheeseburger.

...Kramer or Costanza

Costanza

Try eating organic tuna. It costs more, but the fish is harvested in a far more responsible way. I'd eat salmon in moderation.

The polar bears swim way out to ice flows looking for seals, but then have to get back, or the ice flow breaks off and they get stuck.

MickeyReds

Quotewho?!

Check your pm.

capt. scotty

Quotewho?!

Check your pm.

I only know the guy on the right is Norm because the Stillers kicker in the late 90's/early 00's was Norm Johnson and they played clips of him

So Norm.

video games or virtual reality

dragonboy

QuoteMost salmon have toxins/lead in them, so it is recommended (in Canada) that people should eat no more than 5 wild-raised salmon a year.
I eat sushi like 5 times a week, either Tuna or Salmon almost always. I thought it was supposed to be good for you.

I eat salmon all the time...way more than 5 fish a year!Are you sure that's right Jaimoe? I know that some fish have dangerous levels of mercury & lead etc but only 5 a year? I'm screwed!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

capt. scotty

Plus, just because fish has a high level of mercury or whatever, I dont think that necessarily means your body is absorbing all of that because you ate it.

For instance, shrimp are high in cholesterol, but no matter how many shrimp you eat, your body can only absorb so much cholesterol.

I know youre an organic man Jaimoe, so Im sure you follow this stuff closely, but I dont know about eating more than 5 Salmon a year means your body is getting dangerous levels of mercury, lead, etc.

dragonboy

Sorry, I should play if I'm going to post here  :-[

Video Games

50s Elvis or 70s Elvis?

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Jaimoe

QuoteMost salmon have toxins/lead in them, so it is recommended (in Canada) that people should eat no more than 5 wild-raised salmon a year.

I eat salmon all the time...way more than 5 fish a year!Are you sure that's right Jaimoe? I know that some fish have dangerous levels of mercury & lead etc but only 5 a year? I'm screwed!

I've read several reports regarding salmon. However, I've been doing some digging tonight and it seems that the issue is with farmed salmon. It's not something I'm creating here regarding salmon and toxins. I'm no environmentalist (I'm an ubanist that keeps an eye on environmental issues), but my wife is, so I'll ask her tomorrow about this stuff.

dragonboy

Quotebut my wife is, so I'll ask her tomorrow about this stuff.
Wake her up & ask her now!!!  >:(  ;) ;) ;)

50s Elvis or 70s Elvis

Jaimoe

QuotePlus, just because fish has a high level of mercury or whatever, I dont think that necessarily means your body is absorbing all of that because you ate it.

For instance, shrimp are high in cholesterol, but no matter how many shrimp you eat, your body can only absorb so much cholesterol.

I know youre an organic man Jaimoe, so Im sure you follow this stuff closely, but I dont know about eating more than 5 Salmon a year means your body is getting dangerous levels of mercury, lead, etc.

It's with farmed salmon. Anyway, cholesterol is natural and mercury ain't. We seem to brush over toxins since we consume lots in almost everything.

Jaimoe

Quotebut my wife is, so I'll ask her tomorrow about this stuff.
Wake her up & ask her now!!!  >:(  ;) ;) ;)

50s Elvis or 70s Elvis

50s all the way.

50s Johnny Cash of 90s-00s Johnny Cash?

capt. scotty

Yowza, thats tough.

I might actually go 00's Cash. I feel more emotion and hunger than even on most of his early stuff. Its like comparing apples and oranges though, really. He's still Johnny, but 40-50 years in anyone's life and they'll sound different.

BTW, what did you change the beer glass to in your avatar??..I cant tell what it is  ;D

blanket or snuggie?