Stub Hub query

Started by Paulie_Walnuts, Aug 28, 2009, 07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulie_Walnuts

Couldn't get tickets through the official Yankees site for a baseball game (I am visiting at the beginning of September).

Saw that I can buy an eTicket through Stub Hub. Is this a reliable site? Anyone used it?
Paulie W

mjkoehler

I've always found them to be expensive. We've always had good luck with local people on Ebay.

Ruckus

You will typically find ebay to be cheaper but requires much more work.  Craigslist is also not bad but shady.

I believe Stubhub is absolutely the best site if you don't mind spending the money.  They charge around a 10 or 15 percent fee but the tickets are guaranteed and I've had no problems with their etickets which I have purchased on a number of occasions.

Get right field bleacher seats if you can
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Paulie_Walnuts

QuoteYou will typically find ebay to be cheaper but requires much more work.  Craigslist is also not bad but shady.

I believe Stubhub is absolutely the best site if you don't mind spending the money.  They charge around a 10 or 15 percent fee but the tickets are guaranteed and I've had no problems with their etickets which I have purchased on a number of occasions.

I never know where to sit at a baseball game. Why right field bleacher seats? Good view or good atmosphere?
Paulie W

Love Dogg

QuoteYou will typically find ebay to be cheaper but requires much more work.  Craigslist is also not bad but shady.

I never know where to sit at a baseball game. Why right field bleacher seats? Good view or good atmosphere?

I think anywhere in the outfield is a good spot.  It's open, it's possible to catch a ball.  Stuff like that.  I played outfield, so I watched the game from there my whole life.

What I'd do...find out who they're playing.  Figure out which player you want to see most. View a seating chart for the stadium.  Find out where the bullpen is for home and away, dugouts, etc.  Figure out where you want to be to make the experience as cool as possible.  Try to get as close as you can to where you want to be.  Since tickets are so expensive anyway, what's $20-$40 more dollars to be two rows off the bullpen (or whatever).

You'll have fun no matter where you are...just don't root for the Yankees.   :-/

"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

walterfredo

If you're going to use a broker service, stubhub is definitely the way to go, but you pay a premium for it.  I would recommend craigslist as well.  Good luck.

pawpaw

I'm a fan of stubhub because they usually have a really good selection to choose from. I only use it for something that I NEED to be at that is already sold out, and don't mind paying more for. I've used it 6 or 8 times and have always received my tickets, and been able to get great seats.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."