Close encounters of the celebrity kind

Started by randallmc, Oct 07, 2009, 09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey_rogo

Once when I was riding the LIRR to MSG I noticed a man sleeping in the seat across the aisle. It was Bob Costas. I took a picture of him on my cell phone as he slept. Don't worry, it wasn't creepy at all.

I met Tiki Barber at Gmen training camp during his first year as a Giant. Nobody knew who he was so it was easy to get his autograph.

And this one time I swear I saw Tom Green tailgating a couple cars away in the parking lot of a nascar race. I didn't talk to him. Thats all I can thing of for now.

el_chode

Edward James Olmos called me cute when I was little, in a non-pedo way

Awesome. Did he leave you an origami bird?

No, unfortunately not. That would be more awesome, but this was at the height of his Miami Vice time. He patted me on the head at a cafe according to my mom and said "cute kid". I apprently threw a bouncy ball at him.

I also forgot to mention that I once sold lube to La Bamba from Conan's band. Slide lube, that is. For his bone. His trombone.

EDIT: and that reminds me, at the same store, I sold a harmonica to Todd Shaeffer from From Good Homes, or more commonly these days, Railroad Earth.
I'm surrounded by assholes

CC

CC Baxter had the lyrics to the theme song as his signature when I first joined. I said something about it to him, and he never replied back. I thought we could have had a Pete and Pete connection. I guess he was just a fan of the band Polaris. Nothing wrong with that.

oh, i'm sorry. can we still have a pete and pete connection? i love pete and pete. and artie!

ManNamedTruth

I also was right behind Big Ben and Brett Keisel at the Ben Harper show a couple years ago. Didn't say anything to them cause Ben seemed to have a 'don't bother me' vibe. A friend of mine gave Kiesel the knuckle though.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

.Walt

CC Baxter had the lyrics to the theme song as his signature when I first joined. I said something about it to him, and he never replied back. I thought we could have had a Pete and Pete connection. I guess he was just a fan of the band Polaris. Nothing wrong with that.

oh, i'm sorry. can we still have a pete and pete connection? i love pete and pete. and artie!

Can we still have a pete and pete connection?...absolutely!  8-)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcqSfAHvuAo&feature=player_embedded[/media]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcqSfAHvuAo&feature=player_embedded

Much Greater Than Science Fiction