23. The Cool Kids, Bake Sale
24. The Roots, Rising Down
25. Santogold, Santogold
26. Usher, Here I Stand
27. Mariah Carey, E=MC2
28. Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks, Real Emotional Trash
29. Raphael Saadiq, The Way I See It
30. Young Jeezy, The Recession
31. Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
32. Taylor Swift, Fearless
33. Hayes Carll, Trouble In Mind
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

kydiddle

Hmmm. I would have shuffled that list a little bit myself, but that's decent.

Anyone else think Vampire Weekend is overrated?
Cow temperature.

TGMC421

QuoteHmmm. I would have shuffled that list a little bit myself, but that's decent.

I do

MarkW

Katy Perry?

Guess which magazine is in with a bullet at No. 1 in my "Top 33 Fuckwit Publications of 2008"?
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

kydiddle

QuoteKaty Perry?

Guess which magazine is in with a bullet at No. 1 in my "Top 33 Fuckwit Publications of 2008"?

;D ;D

I believe this is the same crap magazine that named Madonna's 'Immaculate Collection' as the 'Greatest American Album of All Time'.

http://www.blender.com/Channel/100GreatestAmericanAlbumsEver/slideshow/4262.aspx

Uh-huh.
Cow temperature.

dragonboy

QuoteKaty Perry?

& no Elbow?! That list ain't worth shit!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

purvis9876

Blender Magazine is a disgrace to music journalism. I think it was in September's issue where they said that "Pink Floyd is just LSD slap-stick". Oh, and VW blows.
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

bearass

mjkoehler

Wow, I agreed with Blender on a whole 2 albums. WTF? I'm with DB, no Elbow, no Black Mountain, no Black Keys, no Hold Steady, Spiritulized, Portishead, Felice Bros, James so on and so on. This list is shit.

BH

Oooo, I forgot about Black Mountain.   I always want to rank my favorites but sometimes I feel like "my favorites" = "the stuff I bought".   I would love to be able to go thru the entire list and then give my opinion, but I haven't even heard half of that yet.  I'm just glad I have all of you guys to give me a nice basis to choose from.  For example, I now have Elbow, TVOTR, and  Sigur Ros at the top of my list of things to buy.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

logan5ive

MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

tomEisenbraun

Am I the only one in here who got a hold of the Vampire Weekend cd and loved it to the point where it stayed in my CD player for about a week straight?

M79 is pure bliss, in my feeble opinion.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

dragonboy

QuoteI now have Elbow, TVOTR, and  Sigur Ros at the top of my list of things to buy.
Very cool! Let me know what you think of Elbow & Sigur Ros (I like TVOTR but don't love them like a lot of people here)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteAm I the only one in here who got a hold of the Vampire Weekend cd and loved it to the point where it stayed in my CD player for about a week straight?

M79 is pure bliss, in my feeble opinion.

Nope, I dig vw.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

big hungry joe

jesus, randy fucking newman got an album on there, but david byrne and brian eno didn't. blender is such a joke.

TEO

My oldest stepdaughter (38) took the time to send this info. in a text the other day. Everybody knows how tight I am wrapped up here... ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

The DARK

I also enjoyed Vampire Weekend. And there are far bigger problems with that list than that at #9...
In another time, in another place, in another face

StayClassy

With everything taken into consideration, I find it kind of disgraceful MMJ is even on this list at all.

DaFunkyPrecedent

QuoteHmmm. I would have shuffled that list a little bit myself, but that's decent.

nope...i think their album is timeless!  it's not out of this world, but it sure is a pure joy to listen to!
God damn those shaky knees.

the sun and moon