Fantasy Football '09

Started by true, Jul 22, 2009, 05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

I figured it was time to start a new thread for this. So far we have 8 people signed on. Crispy, Killgies, bama37, and Bowl Of Soup are yet to rejoin. Out of those people, I've noticed Crispy on the forum the most so I assume he's in. If those people don't come forward soon, then I think we should give those spots to new people. If that's the case, I'd like to go back to ten teams instead of twelve. We should get a draft time set too, I need to know in advance on that.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

corey

Yeah, I just set a generic time and date for the draft. I definitely want to change that. Maybe we can schedule it a week in advance. I know it's tough to try to schedule things more than a week in advance sometimes, especially with 10 or more people.

I haven't talked to my brother about joining the league again, but I'm sure he will.

aMillionDreams

I set a generic time for the league I commish and we just so happened to pick the same day, a half hour apart from each other.  Weird.  But at least one time will have to change. The good time slots may disappear if we don't change it too soon though.

What does everyone think about using Individual Defensive Players?

I'm on the fence.  Capt's all about it.  Walt and Corey seem to be on opposite sides but neither seem like they'd be too upset either way.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

corey

I kind of like the idea. How many individual players would we need?

Crispy

I'm in now, y'all - just a little slow on the trigger.

I've done the individual defensive players thing before, it's cool, but don't go nuts with the number
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ManNamedTruth

QuoteYeah, I just set a generic time and date for the draft. I definitely want to change that. Maybe we can schedule it a week in advance. I know it's tough to try to schedule things more than a week in advance sometimes, especially with 10 or more people.

I haven't talked to my brother about joining the league again, but I'm sure he will.

I need 2 weeks notice

.Walt

I wouldn't care if we played defensive players. I've done it before, but I don't think it really adds anything. It's not like your watching the game, and there's a crucial drive that your defensive players on. Say your RB is in the redzone, you watch for it. Say your defensive player is in the redzone, you don't care.  You get more outta the game, I guess, but there really isn't a thrill behind a defensive player. A LB can rack serious points. You hear of players having 15 solo tackles, forced fumbles, and maybe a sack or a pick. That's a lot of points. If defensive players had point totals like TE's, it'd be different, but most of the time that's not the case. I'm down for whatever. But if I had a vote, I'd vote no.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

Am I the only one that thinks true started the shit talking a little early? I mean, true's name here is in lower case, but in the fantasy league it's in caps. Clearly an assy move.  ;)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Ruckus

My greatest hesitation is that I've never done IDPs before.  I'm on the fence but really won't mind either way.  Something about the fact that a single linebacker can throw scoring so hard in one way leaves me wondering.

I think you all should start a defensive player only league separately. ;)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Killgies

Corey resend the invite. Sorry I don't check that email account often.
"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

corey

What address should I send it to?

aMillionDreams

Well, we're just waiting on Chris and BoS...and on a decision about IDPs.  I remember BoS was wishy washy on playing with us last year.  Have you talked to Chris yet, Corey?  I imagine he'd want to play but if not we can keep the league at 10.  

I'm still going back and forth about IDPs.  We may just have to put it to a vote.    Let's say everyone votes yes or no by next Sunday, seems like the best way to decide.  Does that work for you, Corey?  You can email the league through yahoo to make sure everyone knows the vote is going down.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Jon T.

I'm kind of indifferent on IDP's.  If I had to vote one way, I'd probably say no.  Just because I've never done it before.  My take is that because this isn't really a money league, I'd like to keep it as simple as possible.  But, if we decide to to do it, I'm down with that too.  And, I'll still repeat this BIOTCH!

The DARK

Mind if I get in on this?  8-)
In another time, in another place, in another face

ManNamedTruth

QuoteMind if I get in on this?  8-)

we're at ten teams right now. if corey's brother joins then we might as well go twelve again, in that case you'll be first in line.

corey

Chris is still undecided right now. I'll probably know something from him by the end of the week.

I just tallied up what people had to say about IDPs. Unless I'm mistaken, here is what I got:

Yes - 1  (crispy)
No - 2  (Walts, jonT)
Whatever - 2  (aMD, Ruckus)

That's 5 people, half of the players. It really doesn't matter to me, so I'd probably be in the whatever category as well.

The DARK

I'm not sure how I feel about it. On one hand it would give it a whole new dimension. On the other, I would suck ;). I gotta say no (if my provisional status gives me any say).
In another time, in another place, in another face

Taterbug

I love the IDP's, It adds to the game imo. I have been in the same league for 17 years.  It makes you pay attention to both sides of the ball. It is also a keeper league. We can keep 2 offensive players and they can't be at the same position.

Our scoring system for IDP positions. We start 3 players, one from each slot, Lineman, Linebacker and defensive backs ( safetys or cornerbacks).

5 pts for sack
5 pts for int
1 pt per tackle
6 pts for safety
2 pts forced fumble
3 pts fumble recovery
6 pts for TD

We had a standard  league for the 1st 10 years and decided to try IDP's on a one year trial basis and we never looked back. It made the league a lot more competitive.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Ruckus

QuoteChris is still undecided right now. I'll probably know something from him by the end of the week.

I just tallied up what people had to say about IDPs. Unless I'm mistaken, here is what I got:

Yes - 1  (crispy)
No - 2  (Walts, jonT)

That's 5 people, half of the players. It really doesn't matter to me, so I'd probably be in the whatever category as well.

I'd venture Headdy is a yes and I'd say I'm down since I've never tried it so it's a good way to get my feet wet in a non big money league.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ManNamedTruth

QuoteChris is still undecided right now. I'll probably know something from him by the end of the week.

Yes - 1  (crispy)
No - 2  (Walts, jonT)

I'd venture Headdy is a yes and I'd say I'm down since I've never tried it so it's a good way to get my feet wet in a non big money league.

I vote no.