Conan's last show....

Started by sweatboard, Jan 23, 2010, 01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

FREEBIRD with........
Beck (tasty)
Ben Harper (kills it)
Billy Gibbons (Conan looks over at Billy at one point and you could tell he was just thinking.........is this really REAL!!!)
Will Ferrell (cowbell all over the place)
Conan (I think Ben Harper was laughing at his licks but kudos for going for the solo)

Someone post the link ASAP.  That was amazing and his goodbye got me all teary eyed.

P.S.
who was the pregnant girl, pretending to be pregnant girl?
There's Still Time.........

Ghosts_on_TV

Conan is a class act. And he fucking shreads on the guitar. Dunno who the girl is, Will's wife?
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ghosts_on_TV

"In my house, this is called daddies little reward."

"This is cream soda..."

"I think it's diet cream soda..."

;D
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

sweatboard

Quote"In my house, this is called daddies little reward."

"This is cream soda..."

"I think it's diet cream soda..."

;D

I loved when Andy pulled out the flask. ;D

TEO

Tears were streaming...Freebird is def. on my top 10 Song Wake List! I am so glad I taped these last 4 shows to enjoy on and on. One of my fave moments was the Japanese cartoon explanation of the COCO- leno battle of time slots. Totally class act in the way he did not dis up on NBC when talking about their 20 year association...we could all learn from that! COCO WILL RETURN!!!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

AlwxanderD10

I thought beck was david spade when it first showed him. ;D

capt. scotty

QuoteFREEBIRD with........
Beck (tasty)
Ben Harper (kills it)
Billy Gibbons (Conan looks over at Billy at one point and you could tell he was just thinking.........is this really REAL!!!)
Will Ferrell (cowbell all over the place)
Conan (I think Ben Harper was laughing at his licks but kudos for going for the solo)

Someone post the link ASAP.  That was amazing and his goodbye got me all teary eyed.

No way duude!!!  :o

I have gots to see this
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

vespachick

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Jaimoe

Neil Young was the best thing about last night's show. Everyone was curious who Conan would have as his last musical guest and I for one think Neil was the perfect choice, plus the song he chose to sing, "Long May You Run", was touching and heartfelt.

Janet

Pearl Jam brought him in and Neil took him out.  That was beautiful synergy.

el_chode

QuoteNeil Young was the best thing about last night's show. Everyone was curious who Conan would have as his last musical guest and I for one think Neil was the perfect choice, plus the song he chose to sing, "Long May You Run", was touching and heartfelt.

Not only that, the way Neil tried to yell "thanks for all you've done for new music" sounded extremely heart felt as well.
I'm surrounded by assholes

sweatboard

QuoteNeil Young was the best thing about last night's show. Everyone was curious who Conan would have as his last musical guest and I for one think Neil was the perfect choice, plus the song he chose to sing, "Long May You Run", was touching and heartfelt.

Yeah,  Neil would pick a song that said it all.....fucking perfect and beutiful.  

ManNamedTruth

Freebird was a great way to go out, and Neil as the last musical guest was perfect. Couldn't ask for a better final episode. I'm looking forward to what Conan does next and am hoping it can equal the greatness of Late Night With Conan O'Brien. I hope NBC doesn't forbid Conan from using any of the old skits/characters.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

aMillionDreams

Was I the only one hoping Neil would come out and bust out the solo to freebird?

That was a great last show! I already had a ton of respect for conan, now he can do no wrong in my eyes.  Can't wait to see where he goes next.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

bold99

Neil is the best....Conan is great...he makes everyone else look so stiff.  
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

FiddleCastro

QuoteFreebird was a great way to go out, and Neil as the last musical guest was perfect. Couldn't ask for a better final episode. I'm looking forward to what Conan does next and am hoping it can equal the greatness of Late Night With Conan O'Brien. I hope NBC doesn't forbid Conan from using any of the old skits/characters.

Apparently, NBC retained all the rights to "Intellectual Property" like Triumph...
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Jaimoe

QuoteFreebird was a great way to go out, and Neil as the last musical guest was perfect. Couldn't ask for a better final episode. I'm looking forward to what Conan does next and am hoping it can equal the greatness of Late Night With Conan O'Brien. I hope NBC doesn't forbid Conan from using any of the old skits/characters.

Apparently, NBC retained all the rights to "Intellectual Property" like Triumph...

It's true, but there's ways around this; i.e. NBC also owns Letterman's Top 10, but he reworked the title and they can't do anything about it.

el_chode

It's true, but there's ways around this; i.e. NBC also owns Letterman's Top 10, but he reworked the title and they can't do anything about it.

Yep, there are always ways around it, and it depends what the assignment agreement was. I don't even see Conan owning Triumph as much as Smigel, and I'd be curious to see just what kind of agreement Smigel had with NBC

Plus Conan's a smart guy. I can't see him signing anything too draconian or else NBC would own things as trivial as the hip-string dance
I'm surrounded by assholes