Fav Movie Posters!!!

Started by dragonboy, Nov 10, 2008, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearass

QuoteI didn't like Leo at all at first, totally changed my mind about him once he started working with Scorsese.
Had you seen What's Eating Gilbert Grape back then? Maybe Romeo & Titanic made Leo an easy target for a lot of people but don't think anyone who had seen Gilbert Grape could deny his talent.

I was 13 when that came out, not quite the film buff I am now. I think I saw it on TV a long time ago, I remember liking it.
Haha a very good reason not to have watched it at the time then! See it again if you get the chance - Leonardo is excellent, Johnny Depp is good + Crispin Glover & John C. Reilly (one of my fav B-list actors...would he be considered A-list now?) are great too.

Yeah he's A list now, after all the recent comedies he's done - Walk Hard, Talladega Nights, etc... He's very versatile, wish he'd go back to dramatic roles. I like all the random/weird characters Glover plays, is that the case with Gilbert grape?
IM TRYING TO MAKE A SANDWICH!!!

dragonboy

QuoteI didn't like Leo at all at first, totally changed my mind about him once he started working with Scorsese.
Had you seen What's Eating Gilbert Grape back then? Maybe Romeo & Titanic made Leo an easy target for a lot of people but don't think anyone who had seen Gilbert Grape could deny his talent.

I was 13 when that came out, not quite the film buff I am now. I think I saw it on TV a long time ago, I remember liking it.
Haha a very good reason not to have watched it at the time then! See it again if you get the chance - Leonardo is excellent, Johnny Depp is good + Crispin Glover & John C. Reilly (one of my fav B-list actors...would he be considered A-list now?) are great too.

Yeah he's A list now, after all the recent comedies he's done - Walk Hard, Talladega Nights, etc... He's very versatile, wish he'd go back to dramatic roles. I like all the random/weird characters Glover plays, is that the case with Gilbert grape?
IM TRYING TO MAKE A SANDWICH!!!
Good to see you Bearass! Is that from the movie?  ;D  I don't remember that one.

It's quite a restraint role for Crispin but he does work in a funeral home so there is an element of quirky, weird & random.

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ManNamedTruth

[highlight]IM TRYING TO MAKE A SANDWICH!!!
Good to see you Bearass! Is that from the movie?  ;D  I don't remember that one.[/highlight]

It's quite a restraint role for Crispin but he does work in a funeral home so there is an element of quirky, weird & random.

I think that's from Wild At Heart. ;D
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

capt. scotty

I cant wait for Shutter Island - but dare I say the trailer gives away too much?!? I totally get the vibe from it that DiCaprio is actually the one who is crazy and having delusions and such.

I cant see Scorsese making it that easy to figure out something just from the preview, especially a movie like this that appears to be a mystery-thriller.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ManNamedTruth

dragonboy

Cheers for keeping this thread alive True  :) ...but I can't see the poster? Links from impawards never seem to work here? But the link says Prestige? I need to watch that movie again...

ManNamedTruth

Cheers for keeping this thread alive True  :) ...but I can't see the poster? Links from impawards never seem to work here? But the link says Prestige? I need to watch that movie again...

It's a rewarding movie to watch a second time around. I was confused with something the first time around (can't remember what). I don't know why I felt that way cause the second viewing was much easier to follow.

capt. scotty

I watched Prestige with my Pops. I thought that Jackmans trick was pretty well explained, but he was confused with the ending.

Very good movie

PS: That poster is awesome, although it doesnt really do the flick justice
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

dragonboy

Excellent poster!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

AMightyCaporal

wow that poster rules!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

bearass

yeah thats a badass poster