Musicians! Expose your G.A.S.!

Started by eiseyrokker, Oct 29, 2008, 03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

How's the FMT treatin you? They've always struck me as pretty but somehow a little wrong without the classic pickguard. I have no doubt that it's a good instrument, though. How would you rate yours?

Finally got a picture of the damage I've done to my acoustic by, well, playing it.

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

mjkoehler

Now I have even more motivation to actually get better. This beaut sounds and plays like a dream. You just pop off the fretboard and the tone is like warm melted butter on a nice clean bluesy tone but also sounds awesome with overdrive and distortion cranked to the max.

Vadie Stark

Gibson LP Classic/ Dunlop FuzzFace & Crybaby
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

tomEisenbraun

Niiiiiiiice.

That's so awesome.

Vadie Stark

Thanks,
The LP was a christmas gift from my beautiful wife
(GODDAMN I LOVE THAT WOMAN!!!)
On an earlier christmas she gave me one of those Epiphone Les Paul Pee Wees. But I F'd it up trying to turn it into a lap steel.(Not the best idea I've had) but, I've almost got it back in shape as I'm honing my tech skills.
I don't have the G.A.S. like I used to.. like any addict I know I could relapse at any moment. One day at a time..one day at a time....one day at a time....... :)

the sun and moon

QuoteGood Lord it is. What color is it?
I was trying to be all arty farty with the black and white. ;)
Here it is in colour:

that is so beautiful, I could eat it whole. I'm drooling right now.

Vadie Stark

QuoteHow's the FMT treatin you? They've always struck me as pretty but somehow a little wrong without the classic pickguard. I have no doubt that it's a good instrument, though. How would you rate yours?

Finally got a picture of the damage I've done to my acoustic by, well, playing it.

Tom,
What do you play the Taylor with? Your cat?
ETB

tomEisenbraun

QuoteHow's the FMT treatin you? They've always struck me as pretty but somehow a little wrong without the classic pickguard. I have no doubt that it's a good instrument, though. How would you rate yours?

Tom,
ETB

Merely with the strength I've harvested from each of about 100 to 150 devoured souls? My forearms are rrrrrripped.

Seriously though, you put a soft veneer top on an acoustic that I learned to play by wailing on, you get a worn spot that goes from the top edge of the upper bout all the way down past the pickguard and off the other side of the guitar.

That and evoking sustain out of the instrument by hammering on the upper bout with the side of my fist, and maybe things start to come into perspective?

I'm so glad I've learned to hone in my fingerpicking on the new Breedlove, because I can't imagine serving this kind of fate to a second instrument. I love that Taylor, but it is beyond jacked. Beginning with the fall from the top of my moving Jeep in a parking lot... (This is why you don't let your high schooler buy an expensive instrument. Thank God this thing has given me every dollar I put into it back in the past six years, and for not very much money for the quality of beast it's been...)

Vadie Stark

Tom,
ETB

Merely with the strength I've harvested from each of about 100 to 150 devoured souls? My forearms are rrrrrripped.

Seriously though, you put a soft veneer top on an acoustic that I learned to play by wailing on, you get a worn spot that goes from the top edge of the upper bout all the way down past the pickguard and off the other side of the guitar.

That and evoking sustain out of the instrument by hammering on the upper bout with the side of my fist, and maybe things start to come into perspective?

I'm so glad I've learned to hone in my fingerpicking on the new Breedlove, because I can't imagine serving this kind of fate to a second instrument. I love that Taylor, but it is beyond jacked. Beginning with the fall from the top of my moving Jeep in a parking lot... (This is why you don't let your high schooler buy an expensive instrument. Thank God this thing has given me every dollar I put into it back in the past six years, and for not very much money for the quality of beast it's been...)
dings and dents from use are cool 8-) ones from beer,friends and bein' stupid aren't and piss me off >:(
Looks like a Big Baby? I have one of those. A friend of mine loaned me his Taylor cutaway for a year once he wouldn't tell me how much he paid for it turns out it was worth $3200 :o I like my Big Baby just fine!
Turns out that was a Christmas gift years before the LP. GODDAMN I LOVE THAT WOMAN

tomEisenbraun

Nice!

Mine's actually a 110, so it's a full size dreadnought, just without all the higher quality wood and polish of say, a 310 and onward. The thing had some serious whomp to it, which is probably part of why I would downpick so heavily ont he low strings, just because that kind of tone is conducive to a really chunky playing style. At least for me!

Looks like you've laid into your Big Baby pretty similarly!

Vadie Stark

Not so much ___my white bitch did the scratch under the pickguard :P

Don't really play the BB with a pick much. I'll hammer on the Gibson via plectrum tho' :)

thatswhatshesaid

The new baby. Taylor 214-CE. it might be the easiest acoustic guitar i have ever played. sounds nice through an P.A. too.

Vadie Stark

tomEisenbraun

also jealous. though I'd throw a tortoise pickguard on there if I were in your shoes. Unless it's stock and vintage, in which case, no way José.

Vadie Stark

It's only a squier strat. ;) I wasn't trying to fool you or anything just couldn't snap a decent picture.
Funny story, it was my wife's guitar when we first met. I guess I hijacked it and never gave it back. Every once in a while she says she
wants it back to give it away or donate it somewhere.I can't let it go cuz it reminds me of her and then so.... Goddamn I Love That Woman!!! :)

Come to think of it she has better taste in guitars than I do. She has blown my mind more than once.  :o

(Note to the kids: Custom made guitars are marked on the first fret,factory guitars are not. Think about that when looking) ;)

Ok I got to write this down so it happens: I will find the vintage Fender somewhere, sometime soon. Some attic or closet under the bed ax that little Johnny doesn't play anymore or someone's ex is selling. Maybe somebody's granny or mom has one for cheeeeeep ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Vadie Stark

QuoteThe new baby. Taylor 214-CE. it might be the easiest acoustic guitar i have ever played. sounds nice through an P.A. too.

Very cool 8-) what does CE denote?

Vadie Stark

Hey Tom, edtom here. This is really a great thead and was 8 on second page.btw nice 3 pics to start this. what was that middle one? Maybe I shouldn't be on this on as I am more of a truck driver that plays guitar.Or the guy the cleans the bar and jams on the band's gear cuz it's there and well you are drunk. Thanks Nashville West & NW2 ;) This could also be a place of trade. I have couple items

if the right thing comes along. Let's see what's in the closet. 8-)
btw bet the ladies love the beard  dawg ;)

mjkoehler

Pics of me with my mess a couple weeks ago.

Taterbug

QuotePics of me with my mess a couple weeks ago.

Very nice, I like your Ibanez, it's very similar to mine, I have an  Artcore ( Black with gold paint flecks  ) and  a tremelo.  I will try to post some pics in the near future.
Keep on rockin....
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

mjkoehler

QuotePics of me with my mess a couple weeks ago.

Very nice, I like your Ibanez, it's very similar to mine, I have an  Artcore ( Black with gold paint flecks  ) and  a tremelo.  I will try to post some pics in the near future.
Keep on rockin....
I almost went with an all white with the Bigsby but opted to save the $50.