Main Menu

SNOW

Started by talleshortz, Feb 05, 2010, 12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

Seriously.  I love it out there.  Man.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

NoVa_NoLa

They've upped our predicted snowfall accumulation to 30 inches.

Apparently the greater DC area is getting "bonus snow" now.  The real storm is still in Alabama.

Soups on and the beer's cold...so long as we don't lose power, I'm ready!!

NoVa_NoLa

Beautiful pictures, Vespa!

TEO

I'm moving to Oregon...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TEO

QuoteSupposed to be close to 8". I can't wait to sink my 277cc Troy Bilt into it and throw it...should be a fun afternoon! (I like to work)

men and their toys  ;) ;)

Need I bring up Women and THEIR toys... ;)

aMillionDreams

QuoteI'm moving to Oregon...

I'm with you on that, brother!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Soulshine

i think we should take ms. vespa up on her offer and have a gathering out there yowza
Because we're all in this together...

ManNamedTruth

Coming down pretty good here, about an inch in a couple hours.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

weeniebeenie

QuoteMt. Hood from my living room  8-)
Going snowshoeing tomorrow!!!!!
From your living room?!?!?!?! That's awesome!
I've never been to the snow.
How loud can silence get?

TEO

Got about 9-10" altogether. Took off the initial layer of wet/slush yesterday and getting ready to go throw the rest of it although I will have to touch it up throughout the day due to considerable drifting. I feel like a golfer who uses it as an excuse to be outside and enjoying the elements...

.Walt

Be safe when you're driving. It's never too early to start braking.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Ruckus

Waiting for a local watering hole to open.  At least 2 feet right now....

There's whiskey in my coffee already.  Should be a fun day.  We definitely got thunder and lightning in the middle of the snow last night.  Pretty cool
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

QuoteMt. Hood from my living room  8-)
Going snowshoeing tomorrow!!!!!

Rub it in Vespa >:(  I get to stare at brick and concrete... :'(

ManNamedTruth

Got 2 feet of snow here. Power just came on after being out since 11:30 last night.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

TheBigChicken

QuoteI'm moving to Oregon...

I'm with you on that, brother!
Me too...beautiful country....ferns :-*
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

capt. scotty

Must of got somewhere between 24-30 inches here in Altoona, PA. Took me like 2+ hours just to dig my car out of the snow, and I shovel like its exercise. New pet peeve is people on my street who instead of piling snow up on the curb and part of the sidewalk throw it in front of your car  >:(

The snow removal in this town is terrible though. No sign of plows at all Friday night, and they must not have come thru until late saturday morning. Basically no change in how it has looked since then. Ridiculous

Trying to find a parking spot is going to be like that Seinfeld episode where George needs the closest spot. I didnt even go to a super bowl party yesterday that I would need to drive to because I didnt want to lose my spot that took me 2+ hours to clean  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TEO

More coming in tonight and tomorrow. Possibly over 8". I hope we get a snow day so I can play!!!

mjkoehler

QuoteMore coming in tonight and tomorrow. Possibly over 8". I hope we get a snow day so I can play!!!
It'll hit me first, and I won't be happy as I do not get to play and work has never called it off in the 10 years I've been there. Damn my company's ability to keep their parking lots clean on short notice

Ruckus

My car is still invisible on a road that still hasn't been plowed.  Luckily I've been able to borrow another car.  

Now we're getting 12-20 inches tomorrow and Wednesday on top of the 30+ inches we already got :D  This city is gonna shut down.  There is no room to put the snow!

capt. scotty

QuoteMy car is still invisible on a road that still hasn't been plowed.  Luckily I've been able to borrow another car.  

Now we're getting 12-20 inches tomorrow and Wednesday on top of the 30+ inches we already got :D  This city is gonna shut down.  There is no room to put the snow!

And I thought my town sucked!

Same here man. Supposed to get 8-10 inches overnight tomorrow. Class is supposed to start at 630 AM. Im sure if we actually get accumulation like that there will be a delay or cancellation, but I dont even want to think about waking up at 430 AM to dig my car out of the snow and then do school for 10 hours

..and yeah, I got nowhere to throw the snow as well :D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons